2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Again, see my previous post. I already said we’re good, but we don’t need to debate it any further. Your premise of what it should be Is what I would now prefer to talk about.
Let's do that for the nth time then (at least), and consider that enough.

I wanted to say, hey, I got the vax. Who else? Oh cool Poster X, you got yours. Any side effects? I didn't have any at first. Turns out some back ache this morning, for whatever reason. I never actually even got that far.

The remainder of what I've seen here, I've invited folks specifically NOT to bring. But any further bickering about what came next is NOT what you asked about. It's no more complicated than it's ever been.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Kind of felt like this for a good 24 hours after getting the J&J shot.

View attachment 32095
All ya had to say. But at least you don't need to go back. Me, I ended up with aches I was already dealing with feeling worse, not even sure if it's J&J related. A lower back pain from sleeping with an AC vent at too close to a direct angle, while aging.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I am not against vaccines but I am against this weird need to display it and advertise it to everyone. Not pointed at you, just a life observation in general. It's just...weird
Thanks for the "not pointed at you" addendum, ha. I think those with the weird need should let their freak flag fly. I don't get the weird need to disparage other's happiness at getting their shot. That's what I'm seeing here, not a shot at you by the same token.

Bloody celebrate all you want is all I'm saying, or don't. I'd put my card up here but it's another step and I'm lazy :D

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Thanks for the "not pointed at you" addendum, ha. I think those with the weird need should let their freak flag fly. I don't get the weird need to disparage other's happiness at getting their shot. That's what I'm seeing here, not a shot at you by the same token.

Bloody celebrate all you want is all I'm saying, or don't. I'd put my card up here but it's another step and I'm lazy :D
you didn't put it up because it has YOUR NAME on it...stop lying.

Steve:Section 102

A lion isn't concerned with the opinion of sheep
I got it back in February. But thanks, man. I’ll be sure to be careful.
7 people out of a million. Pretty good odds you'll be #8. Good luck.
Lando Calrissian Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
7 people out of a million. Pretty good odds you'll be #8. Good luck.
Lando Calrissian Good Luck GIF by Star Wars
With the amount of high-powered drugs I’ve done in my life, the clot would probably get killed in my body before it even begins forming.

Kdo5

Pro Bowl Player
Beware of J&J

I understand the briefest of pauses but you have to weigh the consequence of pausing this for any prolonged length of time. It’s 6 people out of 7 million.

Pausing it for any significant length of time just increases the trepidation of vaccine skeptics from getting one at all.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
I understand the briefest of pauses but you have to weigh the consequence of pausing this for any prolonged length of time. It’s 6 people out of 7 million.

Pausing it for any significant length of time just increases the trepidation of vaccine skeptics from getting one at all.
J&J themselves paused it. They’ve done something like this before when, IIRC, there was poison put into one of their aspirin bottles back in the day. Other than that, I do agree that it just fans the flames of the anti-vax movement.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

if you don't pause it and more people have the same issue, then you'll spend some time in a courtroom over negligence, and it's already hard enough trying to get as many people vaccinated as possible

Scotty

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
I got the Astra Zeneca vax and have no hesitation in getting the second. Biggest threat over here (or at least what the newspapers panic about) , is the various variants that seem to crop up every time you think you are out of the woods. Its the South African variant , its the double Indian variant which we have just been told about...... what next ?........the double/triple variant from god knows where.......its getting a bit tiresome.

jmt57

Staff member
Got my second Pfizer shot Wednesday. No reaction to the first shot, but my arm was very sore for 24 hours after the second. I don't think that had anything to do with the medicine; that was due to their using a larger needle this go-around.

Both setups went incredibly smoothly, about 45 minutes from the time I arrived to when I left (including the 15 minute post-shot waiting period). Amazing that Flori-duh can be so efficient once in a while, as was the case here.

On a side note, here is a medical article that explains why for the good of our society as a whole that getting the shots does not equate to throwing your masks away. The biggest benefits are for others, not yourself.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Got my second Pfizer shot Wednesday. No reaction to the first shot, but my arm was very sore for 24 hours after the second. I don't think that had anything to do with the medicine; that was due to their using a larger needle this go-around.

Both setups went incredibly smoothly, about 45 minutes from the time I arrived to when I left (including the 15 minute post-shot waiting period). Amazing that Flori-duh can be so efficient once in a while, as was the case here.

On a side note, here is a medical article that explains why for the good of our society as a whole that getting the shots does not equate to throwing your masks away. The biggest benefits are for others, not yourself.

Anti-maskers likely don’t wash their hands after taking a sh*t

denverpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
We just got Moderna #2 yesterday. My arm hurts worse than the first time. That and my tummy is upset. But that was probably from the craft beer and BBQ we consumed last night...

Had a party with about 10 friends last weekend. Everyone had at least 1 shot and the weather was nice enough to be outdoors. Looking forward to live music again without masks and rules. Seems like this entire year has been about rules and telling folks what they can and cannot do. My libertarian side rejects most rules..

We will get as many folks vaccinated as possible. There are ALWAYS going to be people who don't want it. Not much we can do. I feel we will get to "herd immunity" due to the vaccines and infection rates. If this thing is as infectious as they say then a heck of alot of people have had it. ESPECIALLY since 40% are asymptomatic. You can't spend the last year screaming about how contagious this is and then ignore that impact on herd immunity.

Hopefully Krafty and Baker will "allow" us to attend Pats games this coming season...

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
We just got Moderna #2 yesterday. My arm hurts worse than the first time. That and my tummy is upset. But that was probably from the craft beer and BBQ we consumed last night...

Had a party with about 10 friends last weekend. Everyone had at least 1 shot and the weather was nice enough to be outdoors. Looking forward to live music again without masks and rules. Seems like this entire year has been about rules and telling folks what they can and cannot do. My libertarian side rejects most rules..

We will get as many folks vaccinated as possible. There are ALWAYS going to be people who don't want it. Not much we can do. I feel we will get to "herd immunity" due to the vaccines and infection rates. If this thing is as infectious as they say then a heck of alot of people have had it. ESPECIALLY since 40% are asymptomatic. You can't spend the last year screaming about how contagious this is and then ignore that impact on herd immunity.

Hopefully Krafty and Baker will "allow" us to attend Pats games this coming season...
You have no problem wearing shoes and shirts to a restaurant but a mask is too much?

the only reason rules are ever necessary is because there are too many idiots who will not do the right thing on their own.