Next Up: vs Dolphins
Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I’ve been going back to the gym maskless since after two weeks post-vaccination. So, late February. I’ve been to stores maskless since then. I’ve been to two shows, one indoors. I’ve been out to bars. Two indoor gatherings. Things have been fine for us. There was always a chance that this bad boy was going to spring off different variations like the flu and that we may never fully cure it. The OP and, to a lesser extent, you, should ask yourselves why a guy talking about living his life post-vaccine bothers you so much.
It doesn’t bother me unless you get into my space. Maybe I’m a bit on guard because I watched a guy who thought like you fall into his grave. My questioning is from thoughts like ‘is wearing a mask that big of a deal where you need to describe not wearing it as part of your day?’ I don’t see the ‘bravery’.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
It doesn’t bother me unless you get into my space. Maybe I’m a bit on guard because I watched a guy who thought like you fall into his grave. My questioning is from thoughts like ‘is wearing a mask that big of a deal where you need to describe not wearing it as part of your day?’ I don’t see the ‘bravery’.
I had no problem with wearing masks. I’ve yet to see anyone actually explain why not wearing one is more safe than wearing one. Then I got vaccinated. The whole point of vaccinating a population is to take a bite out of the rate of infection, achieve herd immunity, and get back to a state of normalcy. So I choose not to wear one anymore. No need to apologize or excuse yourself for being on guard (even though you didn’t). My skin isn’t paper thin. Either way, I’m not dumb. I understand the risks. I just choose to live my life the way I want to. It’s not like I’m going to get a couple of them. You only get one. A million things can kill you whenever you walk out that door.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I had no problem with wearing masks. I’ve yet to see anyone actually explain why not wearing one is more safe than wearing one. Then I got vaccinated. The whole point of vaccinating a population is to take a bite out of the rate of infection, achieve herd immunity, and get back to a state of normalcy. So I choose not to wear one anymore. No need to apologize or excuse yourself for being on guard (even though you didn’t). My skin isn’t paper thin. Either way, I’m not dumb. I understand the risks. I just choose to live my life the way I want to. It’s not like I’m going to get a couple of them. You only get one. A million things can kill you whenever you walk out that door.

we are not going to achieve herd immunity because of so many who are refusing vaccines, so CoVid will continue to evolve .... get ready for your booster

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
we are not going to achieve herd immunity because of so many who are refusing vaccines, so CoVid will continue to evolve .... get ready for your booster

Herd immunity is a minimum of 50%, and that includes both the vaxxed, and people who've actually HAD the virus, like me.

120 million have had at least one vaccine dose... 31 million have had COVID. So you're at 151 million. Excluding children under 5 (and you could probably exclude more), you're at 50% right there.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Two things - one, let's settle down and keep this from turning into another one of those threads. I feel like this discussion/argument already played out, so no need to continue it.

Meanwhile, I got my first one two weeks ago and get the second in a couple of weeks. I've heard it's been a little rough on most people, so while I'm not looking forward to that part, I'll be glad to get it out of the way and wish everyone who does get theirs the best. Fingers crossed life is a little more normal toward the end of this year. I need a vacation :cool:

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Two things - one, let's settle down and keep this from turning into another one of those threads. I feel like this discussion/argument already played out, so no need to continue it.

Meanwhile, I got my first one two weeks ago and get the second in a couple of weeks. I've heard it's been a little rough on most people, so while I'm not looking forward to that part, I'll be glad to get it out of the way and wish everyone who does get theirs the best. Fingers crossed life is a little more normal toward the end of this year. I need a vacation :cool:
Book a cruise with Royal Caribbean. I just picked up a ton of shares with them a couple of months ago. That’s totally not why I’m telling you to do it and telling you to tell all of your friends to do it, though.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
And I think most people know I've been a big proponent for wearing masks, trying to mitigate the risks for other people, etc. I'm under the category of I'll continue doing everything to do my part to protect other people until everyone has had the opportunity - if they choose - to get it and will even continue doing so even after my second shot.

However, from there, and I would estimate probably up until the beginning of July, I feel like after everyone should have been able to make the conscious decision and will have had the opportunity if they wanted it, that's where things might change. Until then, I'll continue doing my part to give everyone time to get theirs since the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting it, it just lessens the impact if you do. But by summer, after everyone has had their chance, I probably won't continue doing so unless it's required where I'm going.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
Book a cruise with Royal Caribbean. I just picked up a ton of shares with them a couple of months ago. That’s totally not why I’m telling you to do it and telling you to tell all of your friends to do it, though.
I'm so mad at myself for not buying Carnival at $8 per share. But finances were a big question mark back then so I was hesitant. I wish I had, would have made out really well.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
And we just jumped up a category with Royal Carribbean in Christmas of 2019. Was hoping to take another one last year, but obviously, we know how that turned out :rolleyes:

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
I'm so mad at myself for not buying Carnival at $8 per share. But finances were a big question mark back then so I was hesitant. I wish I had, would have made out really well.
I have Carnival as well but didn’t buy them at the bulk I bought Royal Caribbean at. We might take one in July, assuming we can at that point.

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
I have Carnival as well but didn’t buy them at the bulk I bought Royal Caribbean at. We might take one in July, assuming we can at that point.
100 shares of either will get you an onboard credit each time you sail. And don't count on July - most reports are pointing to August or September since they say it takes 90 days to get going. My wife's birthday is in September so I was thinking maybe a short one (Fri-Mon) would be good. We'll see how it goes.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
J&J just today. I'm not gonna show off my card but yeah I got it... & encourage others to if you want!

So this really scary possibility of severe illness is now like 2/3 less probable, I guess after a couple weeks or something. Still not going to an indoor dining restaurant :D
We're not eating indoors yet either...at least not until we get our second shots. My son just got his first Thursday so we still have a while to go as my wife and I get our next one in a couple weeks and my son gets his shortly after. Definitely looking forward to getting these knocked out...even though I know the next one will be rough. Fingers crossed and good luck to you as well :cool:

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

settle down from what?

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Herd immunity is a minimum of 50%, and that includes both the vaxxed, and people who've actually HAD the virus, like me.

120 million have had at least one vaccine dose... 31 million have had COVID. So you're at 151 million. Excluding children under 5 (and you could probably exclude more), you're at 50% right there.

where did you get 50% from? it's more like 70%-80%

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I meant the bickering going on back and forth prior to my post.

it was a conversation......people making points....nothing more

don't worry......Kontra and I have sworn off of going 'old school' on each other

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR
it was a conversation......people making points....nothing more
Given past history, it usually heads down a dark road. The point of this thread was for people to talk about whether or not they got a vaccine shot and for people to wish each other well, exchange stories, etc. That's all I meant by that - nothing more ;)

A Defiant Goose

In the Starting Line-Up
Given past history, it usually heads down a dark road. The point of this thread was for people to talk about whether or not they got a vaccine shot and for people to wish each other well, exchange stories, etc. That's all I meant by that - nothing more ;)
Completely unrelated story here. But this exchange reminds me of a time I got a yellow card pulled on me in high school volleyball. We were unabletodefeat (0-9) versus the top undefeated school in the division (9-0). I wanted that game bad. On one play I went up to block against the other team's strongest hitter. Rather than slam the ball like he was fully capable of, he just tipped it right over my hands, out of reach to block, and it fell for what must've been 10 seconds of hang time right behind me for a point. (I guess that's why he was the best player on the best team, kid had brains). I was pissed. I yelled at my back line for not covering me and slapped the bottom of the net. Teammate says "Dude calm down" and all I saw was red. I was like "CALM DOWN?! MFER I AM CALM. WHEN I'M NOT CALM I'LL BRING THE WHOLE DAMN NET DOWN" loud as hell clearly to be heard in this gym.

Yellow carded. I was proud of that moment. My coach gave me an end of year "Thanks for giving a ****" award because of it lol

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Completely unrelated story here. But this exchange reminds me of a time I got a yellow card pulled on me in high school volleyball. We were unabletodefeat (0-9) versus the top undefeated school in the division (9-0). I wanted that game bad. On one play I went up to block against the other team's strongest hitter. Rather than slam the ball like he was fully capable of, he just tipped it right over my hands, out of reach to block, and it fell for what must've been 10 seconds of hang time right behind me for a point. (I guess that's why he was the best player on the best team, kid had brains). I was pissed. I yelled at my back line for not covering me and slapped the bottom of the net. Teammate says "Dude calm down" and all I saw was red. I was like "CALM DOWN?! MFER I AM CALM. WHEN I'M NOT CALM I'LL BRING THE WHOLE DAMN NET DOWN" loud as hell clearly to be heard in this gym.

Yellow carded. I was proud of that moment. My coach gave me an end of year "Thanks for giving a ****" award because of it lol

sucked in by the dink......WTF was the dude behind you? that's what the hitter saw. dud behind you was probably scared of getting 6-packed in the face

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter

I never realized you could get a yellow card in volleyball. I used to go to games/matches all the time in high school. I guess maybe my eyes were too fixed on the girls’ asses in spandex to fully take in the rules.