Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
J&J just today. I'm not gonna show off my card but yeah I got it... & encourage others to if you want!

So this really scary possibility of severe illness is now like 2/3 less probable, I guess after a couple weeks or something. Still not going to an indoor dining restaurant :D

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sorry, KKKontra, this is a thread to check in & say ya did.

If ya didn't, or you're POLITICALLY antagonistic toward vaccines, just don't comment. Find a thread where you don't need to POLITICALLY goad people who are celebrating events in life.

Anybody wanting to say, yay, checked that box, please do join me!

And if this place is a vax free zone for some reason, or everybody is vice-signaling to make Florida Man happy, sure that's sad but I get it.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
Anybody who wants the vax should be able to get it. Glad you were able to do that.

Anybody who doesn't should be free not to do so.

I actually got COVID back in December, so I got antibodies the "three days of fever with vomiting and chills" way. It was as fun as it sounds! :oops:

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sorry, KKKontra, this is a thread to check in & say ya did.

If ya didn't, or you're POLITICALLY antagonistic toward vaccines, just don't comment. Find a thread where you don't need to POLITICALLY goad people who are celebrating events in life.

Anybody wanting to say, yay, checked that box, please do join me!

And if this place is a vax free zone for some reason, or everybody is vice-signaling to make Florida Man happy, sure that's sad but I get it.
Uh... the meme is in response to people who post their Covid cards on social media. You know... humor? Remember that? It’s what people on the outside world use to convey a common sense of enjoyment to one another.

Either way, I got the vaccine in February. Went to a show Friday night. Insanely packed. People breathing all over each other. Didn’t even worry in the least because I’m vaccinated. Went to my buddy’s kid’s 1-year old birthday party. Probably 50 people in the same house. Brought my daughter there. She had a blast. Particles all over the place, I’m sure. Couldn’t care less. Wanted to take the boat out to the sandbar this morning and mingle before the Masters came on, but it was raining. Oh well. Next weekend is looking good right now. There will probably be so many god damn people out there enjoying their lives and being happy. I look forward to being amongst them and getting some sun.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Oh, and if you don’t want a thread (which has very obvious intentions, I might add) to get locked, you probably shouldn’t start name-calling over a meme.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hey, thought it would be fun to check in having finally gotten the shot. I'm glad you guys had availability way earlier :D For me, it was a bit of a trial getting from point A to point B; when I've tried to share the personal issues involved, I've frankly gotten the absolute worst deathsplaining imaginable, so **** that. There are/have been issues for some folks. Suffice it to say, I have no need for anybody to understand why some stuff's not easy; anybody with an "everything's easy for everybody" mentality can GFY.

The broader lay of the land, here in VA, is everything opened up in late March, even for folks in the "at risk" populations outside of the over-65 set. They only recently got to "16 and up" official availability, unless that's still in the future here if you don't have an underlying condition. The Old Dominion used to handle this sort of thing well, but I think was not stellar in making vax available, especially for those under 65.

"Those who want it" better add up to a level that equals an r0 value under 1. Guess I hope that happens magically since I don't have politics. But frankly my sister just called from NJ, and her kids can't get it yet (under 16). Here either. They have a cutoff of 55 right now.

On a strictly APOLITICAL level, I see one of us chose to attend a big indoor gathering, and if I follow this correctly, feels fine, couldn't care less, and so on.

By the same token, I choose NOT to attend indoor gatherings, and probably won't going forward.

I sure as heck won't be going to indoor dining anytime soon, but I do feel I've got an extra layer of probability between me and what's out there now that I've got the shot!

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
I’ve never stopped going to indoor gatherings outside of going to a crowded bar. Now that I’m vaccinated, I don’t hesitate.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Hey, thought it would be fun to check in having finally gotten the shot. I'm glad you guys had availability way earlier :D For me, it was a bit of a trial getting from point A to point B; when I've tried to share the personal issues involved, I've frankly gotten the absolute worst deathsplaining imaginable, so **** that. There are/have been issues for some folks. Suffice it to say, I have no need for anybody to understand why some stuff's not easy; anybody with an "everything's easy for everybody" mentality can GFY.

The broader lay of the land, here in VA, is everything opened up in late March, even for folks in the "at risk" populations outside of the over-65 set. They only recently got to "16 and up" official availability, unless that's still in the future here if you don't have an underlying condition. The Old Dominion used to handle this sort of thing well, but I think was not stellar in making vax available, especially for those under 65.

"Those who want it" better add up to a level that equals an r0 value under 1. Guess I hope that happens magically since I don't have politics. But frankly my sister just called from NJ, and her kids can't get it yet (under 16). Here either. They have a cutoff of 55 right now.

On a strictly APOLITICAL level, I see one of us chose to attend a big indoor gathering, and if I follow this correctly, feels fine, couldn't care less, and so on.

By the same token, I choose NOT to attend indoor gatherings, and probably won't going forward.

I sure as heck won't be going to indoor dining anytime soon, but I do feel I've got an extra layer of probability between me and what's out there now that I've got the shot!

Some practices that I'll keep, for personal reasons and for public health:
-will wear a mask when in tight quarters with poor air exchange, such as boarding a plane or train, in a doctor's office, or in line for an event
-will wear a mask when in places with people that are likely to have poor personal health practices, like highway rest stops and box stores
-will keep masks in the house and car for unforeseen events
-will have contractors wear masks in my house during cold and flu season

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Uh... the meme is in response to people who post their Covid cards on social media. You know... humor? Remember that? It’s what people on the outside world use to convey a common sense of enjoyment to one another.

Either way, I got the vaccine in February. Went to a show Friday night. Insanely packed. People breathing all over each other. Didn’t even worry in the least because I’m vaccinated. Went to my buddy’s kid’s 1-year old birthday party. Probably 50 people in the same house. Brought my daughter there. She had a blast. Particles all over the place, I’m sure. Couldn’t care less. Wanted to take the boat out to the sandbar this morning and mingle before the Masters came on, but it was raining. Oh well. Next weekend is looking good right now. There will probably be so many god damn people out there enjoying their lives and being happy. I look forward to being amongst them and getting some sun.
Are you trying to prove something besides the ability to annoy the OP? It’s cool you’re comfortable going back to normal. It’s not the recommendation of the experts, but it’s your life as well as all the others crowding into these places. Good for you, I hope you don’t experience any regret.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Are you trying to prove something besides the ability to annoy the OP? It’s cool you’re comfortable going back to normal. It’s not the recommendation of the experts, but it’s your life as well as all the others crowding into these places. Good for you, I hope you don’t experience any regret.
Why would I? Isn’t going back to normal the entire reason for a vaccinated population? Why else would you get vaccinated? As far as trying to annoy the OP? Nope. I just merely repeated what I did this weekend. That’s mostly been the way it is in Florida. We know the risks we take. We choose to take them. On the contrary, there is a very obvious reason for this thread. Here’s a hint - it’s not about connecting with other people who have been vaccinated. Post numero tres makes that fairly obvious.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Why would I? Isn’t going back to normal the entire reason for a vaccinated population? Why else would you get vaccinated? As far as trying to annoy the OP? Nope. I just merely repeated what I did this weekend. That’s mostly been the way it is in Florida. We know the risks we take. We choose to take them. On the contrary, there is a very obvious reason for this thread. Here’s a hint - it’s not about connecting with other people who have been vaccinated. Post numero tres makes that fairly obvious.
The reason for my thread is to celebrate taking my best shot at "safety" in relative terms, per the thread title. Just get out of the thread. I suppose that unless a mod removes you, you don't have to, but I don't need your crap in here.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Vaccinated / Not vaccinated is not a completely binary situation.

Completely dismissing CoVid post vaccination is probably not the smartest thing to do

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
Vaccinated / Not vaccinated is not a completely binary situation.

Completely dismissing CoVid post vaccination is probably not the smartest thing to do
I’ve been going back to the gym maskless since after two weeks post-vaccination. So, late February. I’ve been to stores maskless since then. I’ve been to two shows, one indoors. I’ve been out to bars. Two indoor gatherings. Things have been fine for us. There was always a chance that this bad boy was going to spring off different variations like the flu and that we may never fully cure it. The OP and, to a lesser extent, you, should ask yourselves why a guy talking about living his life post-vaccine bothers you so much.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
The reason for my thread is to celebrate taking my best shot at "safety" in relative terms, per the thread title. Just get out of the thread. I suppose that unless a mod removes you, you don't have to, but I don't need your crap in here.
I got the vaccine as well and wanted to add my input. Not sure why I’d get booted. I haven’t gone the political route nor have I personally attacked you (or anyone else in this thread for that matter). You certainly have, though. Post #3 was the base definition of a personal attack. I didn’t report it, though. I’m cool like that, I guess. In any event, if you didn’t want people adding their own input, you shouldn’t have started a thread and opened it up to conversation. Just send a PM.

KontradictioN

PatsFans.com Supporter
I went to Florida last week. It answered the burning question inside me of "How long will it take me to get used to not wearing a mask again?"

It took about 17 minutes. Florida is what NH was supposed to be. NH disappoints me.
I wore one everywhere before getting vaccinated. Then I got the vaccine and wore one for the recommended two week period. Now the only place I wear one is at the office. I thought you never wanted to go back to Florida again? Or am I mistaking you for 203Pat?

A Defiant Goose

In the Starting Line-Up
I wore one everywhere before getting vaccinated. Then I got the vaccine and wore one for the recommended two week period. Now the only place I wear one is at the office. I thought you never wanted to go back to Florida again? Or am I mistaking you for 203Pat?
I don't ever wanna live in FL again (lived there about 3-4 years) because I hate hot weather too much but I love FL. Probably my 2nd favorite state behind NH. Even though NH pisses me off sometimes