PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

US Open Tennis

Scotty

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
What a match , both players played great tennis. Also I was very impressed by the Flushing Meadows venue , especially given the date and how it was remembered

the run by emma raducanu (sp?) was incredible... open qualifier to champion is just wow...

Yeah, and that is the first womens grand slam GB has won in 44 years !!! If this is the standard of womens tennis (from both players) then the next generation looks good.

Yeah, and that is the first womens grand slam GB has won in 44 years !!! If this is the standard of womens tennis (from both players) then the next generation looks good.
agreed on the future... but there were a bunch of of womens division heavy hitters who weren't out there, or were upset early on... But that does not, in any way, take away from that run by er...

there is something going on in the noggin of Naomi Osaka that has affected her game... out in the 3rd (just like in tokyo), acting like a mini-mcenroe this time round... much more so than the anti-media presser stuff she was going on about... hope she can right her ship... has a lot of talent...

Sorry but I was out visiting the other in law !!!!.....I dont know how to understand Osaka at the moment.
It has taken the UK 44 years to get a great women prospect. Maybe I am wrong but there does not seem to be a lot of US or Australian tennis players (male and female) around at the moment. (CoCo Gauff for sure). Maybe other sports are more attractive.

Twenty or so years ago my buddy and I walked into a tavern to watch a Pats game. When we walked in there was a guy and his girlfriend or wife or whatever watching a tennis match on the big screen. I asked, "why isn't the Pat's game on the big screen?". The lady turned to me and said that it was the "something something tennis match". I replied, "now I know who wears the pants in your relationship". Haha.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back