PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Unbeaten but blemished"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blemished? Every team is going to have a subpar game sometime, especially when they play the former superbowl champions. Good teams find a way to win, even when it looks grimm. Colts and Patriots are the best teams in the NFL and should play for the superbowl.

Actually a pretty good article.

The Pats needed a wake up call and this was it. BB is going to be busy all night baking some humble pie.

I am just glad that we were able to get a wake up call in a game we won. But the tackling today was atrocious at times and the offensive play calling left a lot to be desired. They need to work on that.

That we won on a day where the D tackled poorly (in the 1st half especially), the offensive playcalling was at its worst of the year, the OL played its worst, the opponent was the best we've faced, we played on the road, the refs were AWFUL almost always in the opponent's favor - on THAT kind of day, to have sacked up in the 4th quarter and made some big, clutch plays to WIN, to have come from behind, faced adversity and told it to F off, that's a pretty solid job.

I disagree with his critique of the running game. I thought they ran the ball fine until they started to over-call that B.S. shotgun draw play to Faulk. Maroney ran quite well, powerfully and productively.

The article itself is fine, it's not blasting the Pats or anything. The Patriots aren't perfect, they do have some weaknesses, there's nothing wrong with pointing them out. They're all things we as fans notice ourselves.

I ALSO disagree with pointing out Rodney's coverage issues "NOW." He's clearly not been as strong in coverage as he used to be for YEARS at this point. And I can't see why THIS of all days is the time to point that out. Rodney had a very good game in coverage and basically shut down Dallas Clark.

Yet the New England Patriots overcame the following:

Indianapolis Colts
The RCA Dome
Corrupt Officiating
Fake crowd noise

Well, the article starts by saying Belichick can't enjoy a win.

Bill had a big smile on his face after this one.

I disagree with his critique of the running game. I thought they ran the ball fine until they started to over-call that B.S. shotgun draw play to Faulk. Maroney ran quite well, powerfully and productively.

I also did not understand calling this play over and over when it was going nowhere. Maroney needs to get more outside too.

These hacks are missing the real story. IMO the first 3 quarters of this game represented the high water mark of the Colts' franchise, and cracks are evident. Marvin Harrison is old and injured. Reggie Wayne can be shut down. Peyton Manning's protection broke down. The Colts couldn't score except on a fluke play. Bob Sanders is injured again. The linebacking corps is thin and there is little depth. The bye week is already past them. They have no first rd pick next year, and the player they swapped for the pick for is currently injured and nothing special as a pass blocker.

In comparison, the Pats offensive nucleus is in its prime. From the spread offense they scored at will on the Colts, as evident in the 4th quarter. They have a bye week to heal up. They have homefield advantage in the bag barring catastrophic injuries. The team is loaded with draft picks for next season.

This was Pickett's charge for the Colts and Appomatox is around the corner.

"They're not used to playing from behind or even right now and they're not built that way," the scout said. "They have really good linebackers, but those guys aren't fast and you can throw on Rodney Harrison these days. He has lost a step."

:confused: :confused: :confused:

We just "played from behind" against the "best team in the NFL" and last year's superbowl winners, in their stadium.

Actually a pretty good article.

The Pats needed a wake up call and this was it. BB is going to be busy all night baking some humble pie.

I am just glad that we were able to get a wake up call in a game we won. But the tackling today was atrocious at times and the offensive play calling left a lot to be desired. They need to work on that.

I think Addai would have gained almost as much if it were two hand touch.

He looked like he was running around cones instead of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes