PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Uh-oh. Looks like the NFL is seriously considering the 18/16 concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they're trying to squeeze more teams to the playoffs.

The one 'silver lining' would be that rare occasion when it would be 'fun' to see what a young, gun slinger can do even if he's not ready to be the 'full time' guy.

Admit it, in 2016 we were all intrigued to see what Jimmy G. would do. I remember thinking, Brady's suspension is actually perfect, b/c we get to see what Jimmy can do WITHOUT Brady being hurt.

I'm sure there's a time each season where Brady is dinged up in which he'd be well served sitting a game but his warrior mentality won't allow it.

Now if the NFL mandates he has to sit two games, now it's an easy decision to do it when your nursing an injury.

I remember thinking, Brady's suspension is actually perfect, b/c we get to see what Jimmy can do WITHOUT Brady being hurt.

And I remember thinking "Damn it, if he is as good as BB must have thought when he was selected in the 2nd round the league will see what he can do and he will be gone."

For the team that was the biggest cost of framegate

And I'm sure the Pats would be very competitive in the 2 games Hoyer would play under a 16/18 scenario. It's a game of football TEAMS, not footaball QB's

And yes the 2016 season was a MASSIVE f*ck you to the NFL and because of it it rivals the 2001 season as my all time favorite. What a year.....and the best part is that only the really die hard haters believe that the laws of physics were some how repealed in the 2014 AFCCG. It is pretty much common knowledge, even to normal haters, that Brady was railroaded in a blatant attempt to narrow the gap between the Pats and the rest of the league.

Greater still is that the RESULT of that attempt has been 3 straight superbowl appearances and 2 Lombardis. :D

Didn't the NYFL start going after Brady and the Pats in 2014? That could make it 4 SB visits in 5 years (three straight) and 3 Lombardis.

At the moment The Butler Did It in 2014 I envisioned Goody and all of his gang spilling their drinks over themselves.

I'll never forgive the NYFL for the way they went after Brady. But he pretty much shut the critics up and made us the happiest sports fans on earth.

And I remember thinking "Damn it, if he is as good as BB must have thought when he was selected in the 2nd round the league will see what he can do and he will be gone."

With Brady still playing, I think it’s safe to say I hat jimmy g would have left in free agency anyway... to go to a place where he would start or at least be a serious threat to start.

Sure we would have had him for another 1.5 seasons (I think) as a backup but fortunately we didn’t need him in the games.

It’s a dim witted idea

Jimmy G would have sat on the bench anyway. A little hindsighted I know.

Actually I'm amazed of how well things turned out after that corrupt laden scandal. Brady/Pats win a Super bowl, the released transcripts exposed Goodell's lies , JG's trade value increased and JG became a highly paid starter. Pretty much a best case scenario for everyone except Goodell.

Imo the loss of the picks is still the biggest cost of defame-gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down