PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Twitter links/ feeds

PatsfanTN

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
anyone out there still having a problem seeing any twitter links or feeds on the forum? I’ve tried refresh, doesn’t work.
Is it just happening on Apple devices? A particular setting in browser?

It’s twitter and nobody died, but still....I’d like to see what’s being posted.

Last edited:
anyone out there still having a problem seeing any twitter links or feeds on the forum? I’ve tried refresh, doesn’t work.
Is it just happening on Apple devices? A particular setting in browser?

It twitter and nobody died, but still....I’d like to see what’s being posted.

On a Windows laptop at home, running Firefox with NoScript protection. NoScript has a drop-down list of all the scripts I've specifically allowed, plus a list of those for which the sources have been blocked as "unsafe".

I have to refresh to see each tweet. Most of the time, it involves allowing a new script from a different CDN (content delivery network) that is usually tied to an advertisement. That may indicate that Twitter is now distributing tweets across a number of different CDNs, and that the sponsoring ads are running a bunch of different scripts.

On a Windows laptop at home, running Firefox with NoScript protection. NoScript has a drop-down list of all the scripts I've specifically allowed, plus a list of those for which the sources have been blocked as "unsafe".

I have to refresh to see each tweet. Most of the time, it involves allowing a new script from a different CDN (content delivery network) that is usually tied to an advertisement. That may indicate that Twitter is now distributing tweets across a number of different CDNs, and that the sponsoring ads are running a bunch of different scripts.

Yeah, I don’t have any windows devices. It used to work just fine so not sure where something changed.

Yeah, I don’t have any windows devices. It used to work just fine so not sure where something changed.

When I first scroll down to a post that contains a tweet, it's a blank box with the Twitter icon in the center. When I refresh/reload the page, either straight-up or through NoScript, I get a couple seconds of the Twitter icon accompanied by a "Loading tweet ..." message. The may indicate that the loading/fetch script failed or was thwarted by something the first time.

If a page is running a lot of scripts (all ads are script-fetched and loaded), sometimes the scripts will thwart each other. A script that has priority may take long enough to run/load that a script that's waiting to run will time out.

I always find it takes a few seconds to load, sometimes longer than other times

Still haven't figured this one out. From what I've garnered from everyone who has reached out to me, it's a mobile/tablet/Android issue that I haven't been able to duplicate. My phone is an Android with a chrome browser and it works, so I haven't been able to figure it out and the research I've done online seems to be erratic when it comes to those who have had the issue.

This thread mentioned a different browser, which seemed to fix this issue:

Embedded tweets in posts not showing on Chrome mobile

The rest of my family has iPhones and there doesn't seem to be a problem there. I'll have to check with some coworkers and see if it happens there so I can hopefully duplicate it and then figure it out.

Still haven't figured this one out. From what I've garnered from everyone who has reached out to me, it's a mobile/tablet/Android issue that I haven't been able to duplicate. My phone is an Android with a chrome browser and it works, so I haven't been able to figure it out and the research I've done online seems to be erratic when it comes to those who have had the issue.

This thread mentioned a different browser, which seemed to fix this issue:

Embedded tweets in posts not showing on Chrome mobile

The rest of my family has iPhones and there doesn't seem to be a problem there. I'll have to check with some coworkers and see if it happens there so I can hopefully duplicate it and then figure it out.

Thanks Ian. I have always browsed the forum using my iPad and never had an issue until recently if that helps at all. Thanks for looking into it for us.

Edit: forgot to add that the feed on the right hand side DOES work for me. It’s only when someone links or posts twitter in a thread. It only shows the blue twitter logo when someone does post twitter.

I have to view the site in desktop mode in order to view tweets on my android phone..the mobile site just shows the blue Twitter bird....

Thanks Ian. I have always browsed the forum using my iPad and never had an issue until recently if that helps at all. Thanks for looking into it for us.

Edit: forgot to add that the feed on the right hand side DOES work for me. It’s only when someone links or posts twitter in a thread. It only shows the blue twitter logo when someone does post twitter.
So on your ipad, it doesn't show up?

Test (for my own use)

Just tried it and the above loads in Safari on my wife's iPhone...my daughter has an iPad, I'll ask her to bring that back with her when she comes home for Christmas and see if I can't troubleshoot it.

So on your ipad, it doesn't show up?

Test (for my own use)

Not showing on the iPad but it does on my iPhone. Now that’s weird, but at least is isolated to the iPad only

Edit: just caught this, it WILL display when I direct quote you. The mystery deepens.

Double edit: went to another page, refreshed this thread and now it’s not showing where I quoted you, sooo nvm on that one, lol.

Reactions: Ian
Just had her install Chrome on her iPhone and that works too...odd.

Not showing on the iPad but it does on my iPhone. Now that’s weird, but at least is isolated to the iPad only

Edit: just caught this, it WILL display when I direct quote you. The mystery deepens.

Double edit: went to another page, refreshed this thread and now it’s not showing where I quoted you, sooo nvm on that one, lol.
That's bizarre...I'll keep messing with it. Once I can at least duplicate it, then I can try and figure it out.

But you said the one on the sidebar works, correct?

Updated Chrome in my crappy LG phone and it still loads... :mad:

Ah, in Incognito mode, it's just the bird. Let me mess with this and see what I can figure out.

Same problem here, they show on my iphone but not the ipad or macbook pro.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back