PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tweets from breer and rapaport / DA & Gronk

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Rapoport....They say what is holding Gronk from playing the most is forearm, not back. On one hand, it's great his back is set and ready to go, on the other hand - 5 surgeries, a ton of time on forearm and still having issues regaining strength? WTF?

From Greer....As for DA - the talk is that since the Groin muscle is torn off the bone, he can not do any further damage, so it's a question of managing the pain and trying to regain strength with surrounding muscles? Evidently, if he was going to have had a surgery, that surgery would have taken that muscle off the bone anyway. Good luck trying to figure his return out and effectiveness.

Evidently, if he was going to have had a surgery, that surgery would have taken that muscle off the bone anyway.

For the rest of the season, in a show of solidarity, I'm giving up pulled pork sandwiches :D :eek:

For the rest of the season, in a show of solidarity, I'm giving up pulled pork sandwiches :D :eek:

I don't know...... giving up pulled pork is a pretty big commitment.... Not sure I could do it.

Reiss said in his tweet that if this was a playoff game, Gronk would play. I think the story may be overplayed. His strength may not be where they want it to be, but it isn't that far off.

But the guy hasn't been able to lift in about six months prior to returning, it is going to take him some time to regain his strength.

Reiss said in his tweet that if this was a playoff game, Gronk would play. I think the story may be overplayed. His strength may not be where they want it to be, but it isn't that far off.

But the guy hasn't been able to lift in about six months prior to returning, it is going to take him some time to regain his strength.

Running game could sure use Gronks blocking ability - as for passing game, he should be good to go there it appears.

I agree with your assessment after having digested all that has been said and what reiss added -- we're this a playoff game, he'd be a go, meanwhile, no reason not to be cautious at this time.

I too will be swearing off pulled pork.......

Difficult to find anything good in the Gronk news. About 10 months since the original break and several months since the last surgery and his arm is still a problem ?

Difficult to find anything good in the Gronk news. About 10 months since the original break and several months since the last surgery and his arm is still a problem ?

No injury settlement is a start, at least :cool:

He's been practicing so obviously it isn't that much of a problem

From Rapoport....They say what is holding Gronk from playing the most is forearm, not back. On one hand, it's great his back is set and ready to go, on the other hand - 5 surgeries, a ton of time on forearm and still having issues regaining strength? WTF?

From Greer....As for DA - the talk is that since the Groin muscle is torn off the bone, he can not do any further damage, so it's a question of managing the pain and trying to regain strength with surrounding muscles? Evidently, if he was going to have had a surgery, that surgery would have taken that muscle off the bone anyway. Good luck trying to figure his return out and effectiveness.

The tweet did NOT say Gronk is having trouble regaining strength in his arm. Says his arm is the concern, not the back, and he needs to be full strength.

The tweet did NOT say Gronk is having trouble regaining strength in his arm. Says his arm is the concern, not the back, and he needs to be full strength.

That's why I had a question mark there.....I don't know, nobody that we know in media does either. Seems logical that he wouldn't be able to lift as he normally would though.

Reiss saying he'd be a go if a playoff game is positive.

How can his arm be the issue is beyond me? Bones heal really quick and real well with all the blood flow they get. Unless they are worried that he doesn't have his normal strength there. But I can't imagine his arm isn't good to go. The one thing is, is he lifting right now? If he is, I doubt his arm is the concern. They probably just want his strength 100% so he can block. As for Danny, tearing the muscle off doesn't sound good. I don't know how you can play or do daily activities without that muscle.

You sneaky b#$tard! Giving up pulled pork sandwiches leaves open all sorts of ways to enjoy pull pork. Smart move leaving out the bun and the empty calories. I'm with you, Wax Frog!

You sneaky b#$tard! Giving up pulled pork sandwiches leaves open all sorts of ways to enjoy pull pork. Smart move leaving out the bun and the empty calories. I with you, Wax Frog!

Barring the phrase "flak jacket" making an appearance, I'm good :cool:

765685069_d6dc5c0eed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill