PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trey Flowers Replacement - Zach Allen

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'd be ok with Zach Allen at 32. He's being considered one of the easiest projections in the Draft and is being compared to Trey Flowers with respect to his versatility. His ceiling likely won't be perennial prow bowler but I think he's a safe return on the investment of pick number 32. If not for the 5th year option, I'd love the Pats trade back a few spots before making this pick.

I'd be ok with Zach Allen at 32. He's being considered one of the easiest projections in the Draft and is being compared to Trey Flowers with respect to his versatility. His ceiling likely won't be perennial prow bowler but I think he's a safe return on the investment of pick number 32. If not for the 5th year option, I'd love the Pats trade back a few spots before making this pick.

Like the player, love the fit, and I usually include him in my mocks, but I'd prefer to take him at 56 or at least trade down for future capital if we're taking Allen first. I see Allen as a step below Flowers as a pass rusher, but otherwise a fairly similar player who can give us solid snaps all across the line. The 5th year option is really valuable in the 1st, and I think we can get a more impactful player there and keep him under contract longer.

Yes please. One of my faves. One big plus for him is that he doesn’t come off the field. Apparently he played a ridiculous number of snaps against Wake Forest.

As for 56, I’m not sure he makes it that far. He’s one getting a lot of top 4o buzz.

I like the player but if you can't pass rush you can't really go in the top 40 these days IMO.

I like him. But, think he grows into a DT. Different player than Flowers

Flowers is 6’2” and in the 265 range.

Allen seems bigger and stiffer.

I don't disagree, but the question is how much of a reach. I've seen him ranked at the top of round two as well as at the bottom.

I love Allen. Been on him for years it seems. Went from an intriguing big body. To someone who could hold his own. To someone who flashed big time when Landry was hurt. Probably was a lil high on him last year but he's everything we love here.
Graded out a lil bit higher than Trey. Allen graded at 8.02 & Flowers at 8.00 believe.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to this bc I go by my grades but I'm not 100% strict by the #. I'm not perfect. If I have some graded at 45 Im not mad if we get them at 32. That's just not a huge deal.

Again hes everything we want & like here. On & off the field he checks boxes all over the place.

Like Omenihu he played everywhere. Huge, w length & knows how to use it. When actually let loose to get after the QB he can do some work. Often tasked w playing the run from different spots hes a really good rusher for who/where he is.
Not blessed athleticism or anything special besides his size & hes still growing into & transforming his body. Definitely has to tighten up & shed a few bad lbs but hes a worker. In the weight room w different people & approaches. Film. Working on his hands. He should get there.

So yea 32 would be a reach by most standards but how often have we seen some team taking a "reach" & then getting a "faller". Btw neither players don't shoot up or fall in boards. That's just the media just finding out wtf is really going on w different boards.

Ideally we trade out of 32 & get picks next year or this year & grab Allen in the 2nd. We just saw every team pass on Landry, sometimes twice. Wouldn't be shocked to see Allen & Lawrence there in the 2nd to be had.

In my mock draft I have taken AJ Brown with pick 32nd.With a pick 56th I have an opportunity to grab either Johnathan Abram or Zach Allen. I really like both of them in this phase of the draft.Who would you choose,that is the question?

In my mock draft I have taken AJ Brown with pick 32nd.With a pick 56th I have an opportunity to grab either Johnathan Abram or Zach Allen. I really like both of them in this phase of the draft.Who would you choose,that is the question?

Zach Allen. Abrams skill set becomes a little more redundant after Chung’s re-signing.

He's stiff and slow twitch. At least he could set the edge. I have him as s 4th rounder.

He's stiff and slow twitch. At least he could set the edge. I have him as s 4th rounder.

He’s also one of the best run defenders in the class, is versatile enough to play the edge and play inside and isn’t injury prone. Lots of value in that.

Zach Allen, unhesitatingly...unless Chris Lindstrom is also still available. Then I would go Lindstrom at 56, Zach Allen at 64 and Dawson Knox at 73.

I would love a BC - Ole Miss double-dip with our first 4 picks.

Lindstrom should go 20 spots earlier than 56.

Zach Allen, unhesitatingly...unless Chris Lindstrom is also still available. Then I would go Lindstrom at 56, Zach Allen at 64 and Dawson Knox at 73.

I would love a BC - Ole Miss double-dip with our first 4 picks.

Someone educate me since I don't watch tape for Day 2/3 prospects: How important is the 3-cone for DEs playing Patriots? I see Zach Allen and I think his profile is almost an identical match with what I think the Patriots want but his 3-cone sucks. Then I see someone like Anthony Nelson who is a similarly ranked prospect but has a much better 3-cone. In this case would the 3-cone be the deciding factor between Zach Allen and for example Anthony Nelson?

Someone educate me since I don't watch tape for Day 2/3 prospects: How important is the 3-cone for DEs playing Patriots? I see Zach Allen and I think his profile is almost an identical match with what I think the Patriots want but his 3-cone sucks. Then I see someone like Anthony Nelson who is a similarly ranked prospect but has a much better 3-cone. In this case would the 3-cone be the deciding factor between Zach Allen and for example Anthony Nelson?

With the exception of Trey Flowers, it still seems to be important. Rivers - 6.96, Deatrich Wise - 7.07, Chandler Jones - 7.07. Although they play differently, Anthony Nelson and Chandler Jones are very close comps athletically.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back