PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Brown for LT Bandwagon

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
There's a fifth of us here on this train, and why not? Trent Brown won a ring with the Pats as the starting Left Tackle. He was an elite left tackle. By all grades for 6 years the guy was a better pass blocker than run blocker. He's an ELITE pass blocker. He's a gentle giant. He is NOT a mean run blocking mauler (should be Onwenu at RT).

Now here's details on his super friendly contract. Build the line around Brown at LT and Onwenu at RT, let Wynn walk since he keeps missing 70% of his NFL games. It's way worse to keep changing guys around when Wynn is hurt....

There's a fifth of us here on this train, and why not? Trent Brown won a ring with the Pats as the starting Left Tackle. He was an elite left tackle. By all grades for 6 years the guy was a better pass blocker than run blocker. He's an ELITE pass blocker. He's a gentle giant. He is NOT a mean run blocking mauler (should be Onwenu at RT).

Now here's details on his super friendly contract. Build the line around Brown at LT and Onwenu at RT, let Wynn walk since he keeps missing 70% of his NFL games. It's way worse to keep changing guys around when Wynn is hurt....

Screenshot_2021-03-23-19-23-01.png

We need him at RT to protect Cam's blind side.

He can clearly play either side. I think he was brought in as Wynn insurance as he can't not be relied upon. I predict he'll start at RT as Wynn has the experience at LT and wouldn't make sense to have him learn a new position.

The Andrews signing makes the Karras even more significant because now we have a proven starter ready to sub in if any of the starting five go down. If Wynn misses time for the fourth straight year, Brown shifts to LT, Onwenu back to RT, and Karras goes in at LG. Here’s how I see it if an injury occurs to:

Wynn:

LT Brown
LG Karras
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Onwenu

Onwenu:

LT Wynn
LG Karras
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Brown

Andrews:

LT Wynn
LG Onwenu
C Karras
RG Mason
RT Brown

Mason:

LT Wynn
LG Onwenu
C Andrews
RG Karras
RT Brown

Brown:

LT Wynn
LG Karras
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Onwenu

We’re in a jam if two starters go down at once but that 7th OL guy may be picked in the draft assuming it’s not Herron set for that role.

LT - wynn
LG - mason
C - andrews
RG - onwenu
RT - brown

700 pounds of beef on the right side.

He can clearly play either side. I think he was brought in as Wynn insurance as he can't not be relied upon. I predict he'll start at RT as Wynn has the experience at LT and wouldn't make sense to have him learn a new position.

Wynn has missed 32 of 48 NFL games. If he gets hurt again we should just roll with Brown at LT. It wreaks havoc on the OLine constantly moving guys around because Wynn is in and out.

The Andrews signing makes the Karras even more significant because now we have a proven starter ready to sub in if any of the starting five go down. If Wynn misses time for the fourth straight year, Brown shifts to LT, Onwenu back to RT, and Karras goes in at LG. Here’s how I see it if an injury occurs to:

Wynn:

LT Brown
LG Karras
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Onwenu

Onwenu:

LT Wynn
LG Karras
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Brown

Andrews:

LT Wynn
LG Onwenu
C Karras
RG Mason
RT Brown

Mason:

LT Wynn
LG Onwenu
C Andrews
RG Karras
RT Brown

Brown:

LT Wynn
LG Karras
C Andrews
RG Mason
RT Onwenu

We’re in a jam if two starters go down at once but that 7th OL guy may be picked in the draft assuming it’s not Herron set for that role.

I agree. I'm not opposed to Wynn but the guy has missed 70% of his games. It's really bad for the OLine. I agree with your lineups if Wynn is hurt again. If he gets hurt again we should just go with Brown at LT.

Build the line around Brown at LT and Onwenu at RT, let Wynn walk since he keeps missing 70% of his NFL games. It's way worse to keep changing guys around when Wynn is hurt....

Wynn has missed 32 of 48 NFL games. If he gets hurt again we should just roll with Brown at LT. It wreaks havoc on the OLine constantly moving guys around because Wynn is in and out.

I'm not opposed to Wynn but the guy has missed 70% of his games. It's really bad for the OLine. I agree with your lineups if Wynn is hurt again. If he gets hurt again we should just go with Brown at LT.

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers, get the papers

But the bigger question is will Josh mess this all up, lets face it, he has been the entire reason the Patriots have sucked over the last 10 years, he drove Brady out of town, set up AH for the fall, and kicked DropKick's dog. If it weren't for Josh the patriots would have one 10 superbowls.

Seriously though, I think I will trust the coaching staff to decide where they want everyone to play on the line. I am just glad we seem to have depth at all the positions and have great players who can play in multiple positions.

Seriously though, I think I will trust the coaching staff to decide where they want everyone to play on the line. I am just glad we seem to have depth at all the positions and have great players who can play in multiple positions.

Is Scar still retired ?

I'm not as down on cam as most are, but his pocket presence compared to every other professional QB is just painful sometimes.
Fixed it for ya

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back