PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training camp starts July 25th...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bout time..

17 days until we can add some substance to these inane arguments and diversions..

Due to huge crowds always thought that adding some bleaches on the South side ( the side where the players portajohns are and the lineman practice) of the practice fields might be a good thing...

Miss the poignant posts of Mrs. B, who was a steady, consistent poster on TC goings on..

Bedard has an interesting article up about the need to shake up championship teams in order to create the drive and competition necessary to repeat. He goes through Belichick's moves over the years to do so. And this year, they've already used high draft picks on two of the deepest positions on the roster (CB and RB) and signed a significant FA in another (LB). But there's often a cut or trade of someone that we fans considered core to the roster. Who might that be this year?

Bedard has an interesting article up about the need to shake up championship teams in order to create the drive and competition necessary to repeat. He goes through Belichick's moves over the years to do so. And this year, they've already used high draft picks on two of the deepest positions on the roster (CB and RB) and signed a significant FA in another (LB). But there's often a cut or trade of someone that we fans considered core to the roster. Who might that be this year?

Maybe a special teamer like Bolden last year.

Maybe a special teamer like Bolden last year.
Could be anyone. Not advocating AT all, but I’d not be surprised to see them move Cannon or Thuney. BB can just never be trusted to keep everyone when it comes to OL..

They’ve already lost Gronk. If the offense can’t create a drive to compete with the whole, “this offense runs through Gronk, they’re not good enough to score points without him,” upcoming media narrative, then there isn’t anything that can be done to motivate them.

Miss the poignant posts of Mrs. B, who was a steady, consistent poster on TC goings on..

I was just telling my wife the other day about "Mrs B" - and how her posts were so welcome and insightful into the training camp goings on. In the early days of the internet, she was a wonderful breath of fresh air with her timely observations and candor.

Could be anyone. Not advocating AT all, but I’d not be surprised to see them move Cannon or Thuney. BB can just never be trusted to keep everyone when it comes to OL..

Definitely possible even if unlikely. I'd include Andrews in that group.

Mrs B "retired" once daily blogs & increased media like Twitter provided similar details that only she had delivered for years previously. Eschewed redundancy. We all miss her unique flavor of fan viewpoint. She was an old line member of the 90s era Patriots mailing list which still goes on but with fewer dinosaurs participating.

Hard to say. As for his moves, I think it was more necessary than it looks. Nobody wants to see a WR or 4th stringer as starting RB again, secondary is getting old.

I would give my left nut to be able to go to these practices games. Right nut gone and left one not working so I wouldn' miss much.

Has anyone gone and what was the experience ?

I would give my left nut to be able to go to these practices games. Right nut gone and left one not working so I wouldn' miss much.

I'm not sure what you mean by practice games?
Preseason game?
Joint Practices with other teams?
Or just the regular training camp practices?
Either way I've been to all 3 they are fun but I'd save the left nut for a regular season game. Or even playoffs or SB.

TC is interesting, sometimes boring and sometimes you do not see much... but have been a regular since the 80's in the days of Bryant where you could get real close and personal..

As much as there are huge crowds, not the greatest seats or views would not miss the opportunity for much of anything, the only thing I avoid is on hot, humid sunny days sitting in the aluminum seats which are pretty much like a frying pans..

Good opportunity to see how the new guys are fitting in and to see how the injured guys are coming back... it is a very "choreographed" event which they seamlessly go through..

In recent years have been impressed by #11 as he really "shows up" and gives his all, his hustle and work ethic are noticeable..

Then there is predictable BB twirling his whistle around his finger, along with trying to find Ernie Adams... Mr. Kraft is usually on the field as well with his classic blue shirt and white collar and sneakers..

Last edited:
WPFzGiDyNgihijZT9

I'm not sure what you mean by practice games?
Preseason game?
Joint Practices with other teams?
Or just the regular training camp practices?
Either way I've been to all 3 they are fun but I'd save the left nut for a regular season game. Or even playoffs or SB.

TC is interesting, sometimes boring and sometimes you do not see much... but have been a regular since the 80's in the days of Bryant where you could get real close and personal..

As much as there are huge crowds, not the greatest seats or views would not miss the opportunity for much of anything, the only thing I avoid is on hot, humid sunny days sitting in the aluminum seats which are pretty much like a frying pans..

Good opportunity to see how the new guys are fitting in and to see how the injured guys are coming back... it is a very "choreographed" event which they seamlessly go through..

In recent years have been impressed by #11 as he really "shows up" and gives his all, his hustle and work ethic are noticeable..

Then there is predictable BB twirling his whistle around his finger, along with trying to find Ernie Adams... Mr. Kraft is usually on the field as well with his classic blue shirt and white collar and sneakers..

Thank you guys, I was talking about training camp sorry I didn't make that clear. I have been to numerous regular season game. I was a season ticket holder for 1960.

Watch out for Bam Childress and Zach Sudfeld, gonna be studs.....oh wait

When I go it's just usually to see how the new guys look......This year it will mainly be the draft picks and UFDA's. along with last year's injured.....Harris, Etling,Beck, Winowich, Harry..

Everyone knows what I am looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back