PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp: News/Notes (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thinks it's gonna be Strange seeing #50 on the Offensive side of the ball this year?

OH.. Wait.. it's the obligatory, give the rooks numbers in the 50s.. Though not all rooks got them.

EDIT: Yahoo erroneously lists Pharms as an OL and not an DL/Edge player.

Last edited:
Waynes World Yes GIF

Good to hear McMillan is cleared now. I'd expect Andrews and Jones to follow soon after, hopefully in time for first practice tomorrow. Peppers I don't know much about his situation, and White I'm expecting a fairly lengthy PUP stint, if he's activated at all.

Am I the only one who thinks it's gonna be Strange seeing #50 on the Offensive side of the ball this year?

OH.. Wait.. it's the obligatory, give the rooks numbers in the 50s.. Though not all rooks got them.

EDIT: Yahoo erroneously lists Pharms as an OL and not an DL/Edge player.

There's actually some logic behind what they do. They assign numbers in draft pick order (earliest picks first) starting with 50, skipping the retired numbers (56/57). Since we have more than 8 rookies, they spill into the 60s and sometimes even 70s.

Seems like Hines and Stueber sort of broke that though, getting assigned numbers in the 60s not conforming to that pattern. My guess is that was to avoid having two guys on the same OL in practice wearing the same number.

By not having the title I'm guessing he will make around $6-8 mil in 2022 from the Lions.

Is this because Coordinator titles are considered high enough that it cancels out his head coaching contract? Seems like it's still a demotion, and thus shouldn't void his Detroit deal, but I don't know what the standard is for the league.

Is this because Coordinator titles are considered high enough that it cancels out his head coaching contract? Seems like it's still a demotion, and thus shouldn't void his Detroit deal, but I don't know what the standard is for the league.
Good question...not sure how the demotion works in regards to the contract. Probably GM, HC and Coordinators are considered high enough.

Last edited:
Guess: Might depend on the offset language in his Lions deal. For instance it may say can't be a GM or HC but if they are hired as an "advisor" or "assistant" the old deal might have a mitigation clause in it which might reduce the "severance" by say 10%. If they got a job as a coord then maybe the mitigation clause might be the severance is reduced by 75%.

Last edited:

The Pats have 6 open roster spots by my count. TE is the shallowest with only 5 players who are vying for 3 spots. WR maybe be shallow considering they currently only have 9 WR for 5 spots. Wouldn't be surprised if they added another at both those positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes