PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp: News/Notes (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

catent

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The angle of the sun coming through the window this evening in central Virginia had a very slight end-of-summer/early-Autumn feel to it, and the first thing I thought of was football. Training camp officially begins this coming week, Wednesday, July 27. Some injury-related news as we head into the weekend:

Also, what are folks' thoughts on having one training camp megathread in lieu of separate daily threads? I personally prefer a consolidated megathread for mini/training camp(s) because the information between days is often semi-related and not mutually exclusive. Posting everything in one thread makes keeping up with the full breadth of news/notes/analyses/evaluations being shared easier, in my opinion.

Looking forward to the start of camp!

Would rather a daily one. In mega threads it can be tough to find exactly what you’re looking for. If I’m looking to find out what happened on a certain day and the thread is 30 pages long, it’s way to time consuming to scroll through.

Is there any way that you can include daily Brady and Tampa Bay updates in the daily Pats thread. Asking for some friends. They are still totally die-hard Pats fans, not just Brady fans who can’t let go. Sincerely they are.

I don't mind a mega-thread if the topics of conversation stay relatively on-track and do not include back-and-forths between a narrow group of posters... I don't mind reading them, but a thread like this one might not be the best place for them...

I don't mind a mega-thread if the topics of conversation stay relatively on-track and do not include back-and-forths between a narrow group of posters... I don't mind reading them, but a thread like this one might not be the best place for them...

We can now ignore specific posters unless they are the thread's OP...I think.

But I have gotten good at skimming the Richard measuring contests....

Now if @Ian would only allow us to read 100 posts per page.... (Just my annual complaint, @Ian ;) )

Is there any way that you can include daily Brady and Tampa Bay updates in the daily Pats thread. Asking for some friends. They are still totally die-hard Pats fans, not just Brady fans who can’t let go. Sincerely they are.
I think a good solution would be to have subforums for Belichick fans and another for homers in general -- the latter to reserve the main forum up for uninterrupted ongoing criticism of the team, its poor coaching and its wretched general management

The angle of the sun coming through the window this evening in central Virginia had a very slight end-of-summer/early-Autumn feel to it, and the first thing I thought of was football. Training camp officially begins this coming week, Wednesday, July 27. Some injury-related news as we head into the weekend:

Also, what are folks' thoughts on having one training camp megathread in lieu of separate daily threads? I personally prefer a consolidated megathread for mini/training camp(s) because the information between days is often semi-related and not mutually exclusive. Posting everything in one thread makes keeping up with the full breadth of news/notes/analyses/evaluations being shared easier, in my opinion.

Looking forward to the start of camp!

Just change the title to Day 1 on Tuesday...

Y'all are calling for a daily thread when someone can just make one as needed. Meanwhile, this "mega" training camp thread, that's going to get too large with all the news and posts, basically has no training camp news in it.

th_coffee.gif

Sort of surprised at the number of people who prefer daily. I guess I’m alone. I always found the daily threads frustrating because there would be overlapping information within multiple threads and jumping between them in order to reconcile the info within each is bit tedious in my experience.

The thing with a megathread (or any thread, for that matter) is that it automatically saves where you last read to, and will bring you back to that post upon returning to the thread.

To each their own. I guess this is a democracy, so enjoy your daily threads … heathens.

Sort of surprised at the number of people who prefer daily. I guess I’m alone. I always found the daily threads frustrating because there would be overlapping information within multiple threads and jumping between them in order to reconcile the info within each is bit tedious in my experience.

The thing with a megathread (or any thread, for that matter) is that it automatically saves where you last read to, and will bring you back to that post upon returning to the thread.

To each their own. I guess this is a democracy, so enjoy your daily threads … heathens.
If only we could express our opinions freely without being personally affected by discordances

Ideally I'd like daily with good substance. The problem there is some days are more exciting than others or more will happen. So some daily threads don't deliver. Whereas a mega you'll have a good flow of info and discussion but can get bogged down between hijackings and hog measuring contest.

I suppose we could have both. I don't think that's the worst thing in the world. Specific daily with updates, hopefully in person from some here and a mega with more discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots