PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Totally underwhelmed by Sox MGr. candidates:

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is this the best that's out there?! I would like Bobby V or Larry Bowa. The nobodies we had in for interviews this week were very disappointing. What say ye?

The front office wants a manager they can control. They want some who will run the team the way the front office wants it run. Bobby V and Bowa dont want front office input and want to run the team the way they see fit. Bobby V has already spoken out against the way the front office handled and basically ruined the career of Dice-K. He believes they should have let him continue on what made him a success in Japan...the Sox wanted to control every single aspect of his routine and basically ruined him. Bobby V wants no part of the Sox job

That is why we are getting the less than exciting list of candidates.

Chip n' Dale is getting a 2nd interview this week at the GM meetings. What do I know ... however I was thinking Gene Lamont would be a very good choice for this team. I think we need someone who has been involved in the game longer than the players - the respect thing. We'll have World Series players being coached by a guy who has never won a playoff game.

On the other side of the question I trust they will pick the right guy ... I like Cherington so far.

I felt the same way when they named Tito manager. He worked out pretty well.

I like Sveum. He comes from the organization which is always a plus. Has a good baseball mind and understands how to handle certain situations. He seems like he will provide a little more discipline to the club which is a plus. And he will let the front office continue to have input, which isn't a bad thing. We managed to win two world series recently with a meddling front office so it can't be that terrible! I think he is the man for the job.

Valentine is back on the table! Woooohoooo. Sveum strikes me as a loozah. No thanks. Good luck with that Theo. LOL.

Any chance we went hard after Sveum to get Theo to chomp quickly on it?

I wouldn't doubt they were playing games with this Sveum pantywaste just to eff with Theo. That being said, I'm happy the owners are thinking along the lines of Valentine. This Cherington pantywaste does not impress me at all, especially if Sveum was his top choice. This team of fat, spoiled underachievers need some to kick their teeth in pronto. It looks like the owners understand what needs to happen, even if Cherington, another minor masquerading as a professional adult, appears to not quite get it.

Last edited:
Well, as the "fire Tito" people are now discovering, it's pretty easy to demand a guy be fired. Not so easy to replace him.

And I sure hope they don't pick Valentine. He would be an absolute disaster.

Has a good baseball mind and understands how to handle certain situations. He seems like he will provide a little more discipline to the club which is a plus.

how would you or anybody outside of baseball know anything about him other than where he has coached? how do you know what kind of mind he has? by watching his assistant coaching moves? :confused:

Valentine!?!?!? This better be a joke.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back