PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tonight's Game, Can't Watch It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The NFL has taken a step backward as far as I'm concerned. The Saturday Pro games, after the college regular season ended, used to be always on regular network (free) TV. Now they're on the NFL network, which you can't even get in some areas. What's next, the Sunday games, or the playoffs? Could say this is what killed boxing, i.e., putting more and more on a pay as you go basis. There are no Patriots games in this category for the rest of this year.

I am boycotting the NFL Network. I am fine with keeping the score on Gamecast. NFL is getting ridiculous with this NFL Network crap.

Even though I am not older than dirt or NEM, I went to games at Fenway. Brought my not-then wife there on dates. She was a keeper, interested in the Patriots. Great times. Broken bottle fights in the grandstands on $5 Friday night games.

I agree that putting games on the NFL network at this point stinks. To be fair though, the NFL is trying to negotiate with the cable providers to carry its network with their basic packages. I dont know about the monies involved, but if in line with the other mainstream sports networks, its the cable companies who are at fault. I dont know which is the culprit, but I cannot watch them either!:mad:

I got sick of cable companies deciding for me which channels I could get so I got Directv and it was the best thing I ever did. NFL Network is awesome, and there is such a variety of channels you can get. Don't be mad at the NFL, be pissed at your cable providers. BTW, ATlanta just scored, 14-7 'boys.
Although they have **** Vermeil subbing for Chris Collinsworth and the man can't talk!! I'm serious, he has laryngitis and is croaking out as best he can, but geez there wasn't anybody else available who maybe has a voice???????

Most peeople can get DirecTV - I realize some can't - just take the step and the problem is over.

Most peeople can get DirecTV - I realize some can't - just take the step and the problem is over.

I'm watching it right now. Vermeil can barely talk, losing his voice due to a cold.

I'm watching it right now. Vermeil can barely talk, losing his voice due to a cold.
It's a shame because Vermeil is a great commentator but he sounds awful tonight.

I am boycotting the NFL Network. I am fine with keeping the score on Gamecast. NFL is getting ridiculous with this NFL Network crap.
Translation: You don't have the NFL Network.

I have TW/Cable here in Carolina and No NFL network. I'm switching next year to Direct TV.
If Chris Collinsworth is on I turn off the volume. The worst announcer I have ever hear. I didn't like him as a player and don't like him now.

I have TW/Cable here in Carolina and No NFL network. I'm switching next year to Direct TV.
If Chris Collinsworth is on I turn off the volume. The worst announcer I have ever hear. I didn't like him as a player and don't like him now.

you kidding? Collinsworth is the best! no joke..

So how much does Direct TV cost per month?

How many tv's can I hook up?

Do I need to buy one box per tv?

Can I get internet with direct tv, or do I need DSL?

Arent there regular afternoon saturday games beginning next weekend. They usually are over the final two weeks of the season, if I remember.

EDIT: Nope, you are right, no Saturday afternoon games over the final two weeks. That is wrong.....IMO,and it leaves a lot of NFL fans out in the cold who cant get the NFL Channel.

PS..Did you go to the games in 1960? We sat in the end zone at Braves Field, the temporary one. A bunch of us, (about 6 or 7) always sat there and fought for the balls on PAT's and FG's. Tickets were $2.50.

When hey moved to Fenway, we got tickets in the Temp Stands in front of the Green Monster. I cant remember exactly, if they were $ or $7. I spent several gamesat Fenway in the press box working as the spotter for Vin Maloney, the PA announcer.
Not in 1960, but I did go to some games at Fenway Park. Like watching a football game in the funhouse at Nantasket with all the weird angles. :p

I like Collinsworth too. Really knows the game, pulls no punches.

But the way he talks it seems like he thinks he's better than everyone and always smirking about something.

I think he sucks as an announcer, and as a person.

thanks for your time.:singing:

So how much does Direct TV cost per month?

How many tv's can I hook up?

Do I need to buy one box per tv?

Can I get internet with direct tv, or do I need DSL?

$45 for one recv;r and 5 for each addt'l

hd is extra

one tv per box

i have dsl, you can get internet but i don't becuase if there is a real bad bad storm the satellite goes out temporarily

lol, I forgot there was a game. Nice marketing, NFL.

Direct TV is HORRIBLE. I had when I lived in Mass and will never get it again. If it rains hard or there is snow you lose picture. Also, flipping through channels will take you all day. Everyone without Direct TV, just wait, a real cable provider will win the rights to the games when the current contract expires (hopefully it will end up being something like the baseball package offered by Time Warner).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes