PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TE Eric Tomlinson released UPDATE: Not cut; OL Aaron Monteiro to PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he Googles your post and learns a little about the team he’s covering.
I suspect they'll cut/IR a TE.

I really think it's possible they'll go with 6 WRs that play on gameday w/ Gun as the emergency.

Sometimes theses things work out on their own.

Gun is 9th in ave PR yards in the entire league and averages 13 ST snaps a game. He isn't going anywhere.

Who are the 7 WRs this moron is counting?

JE
Josh
Sanu
Meyers
Dorsett

Slater is not a WR
Gun is emergency only

EDIT: Apparently I'm also a moron as I once again forgot Harry but I count 6 WRs they will really be using.

To Trollin's point they will have a decision to make if they do move forward and activate Harry. maybe Izzo or LaCosse go to IR?

LaCosse to LaIR and Izzo. D Allen signs.

Last edited:
I am making fun of Volin myself here, for how.. certain he appeared to be/always is in his opinions and the little what-if knife-twists he seems to insert in many of them. (Oh no the Patriots could be cutting Gordon)

Still, I try very hard to be fair to see other people's points. By 7, Volin is including Harry himself, so he's obviously not counting somebody on that list. Slater, I'm guessing.
Yea I edited my post. I keep forgetting about Harry. Thats on me.

So is it Izzo and Ben as our TEs? I can barely keep up anymore.

1 Edelman - Enough said, lock.
2 Dorsett - Pulling his weight, lock
3 Harry - 1st round draft pick, lock
4 Sanu - 2nd round draft pick, lock
5 Meyers - Young guy who has shown promise, lock
6 Gunner - Young guy not spectacular at anything but plays ST, lock

7 Gordon - It was not meant to be. Adios Amigo.

What position group suffers if the Pats carry 7 WR + Slater? All the WRs are getting snaps to the point where we are thin.

What position group suffers if the Pats carry 7 WR + Slater? All the WRs are getting snaps to the point where we are thin.
Yeah, I'm not sure why there's a sentiment of "oh the Pats will NEVER carry that many WRs"... why not? They've been using their WRs a lot more and the TEs don't see a ton of action. They made the move for Sanu to shore things up, that's not something you really do when the position is already fully stocked.

Edelman is the #1 but needs to be kept fresh, Gordon needs time to heal but is a valuable asset and I can't envision them cutting him, Dorsett is a major contributor this season already, Meyers is an up-and-coming player that they clearly seem to value, Sanu was just traded for, Harry was activated so they obviously intend to bring him back (and he's a first-round pick), Gunner is the primary PR who's performing very well in that role (and didn't look too bad as a WR in limited action, to be honest), and Slater is Slater.

They've really got 6 WRs who are actually full-time WRs, one WR who is really the PR and a developmental WR, and one ST-only player listed as a WR. When they're featuring WRs as much as they are, 6 WRs isn't really all that crazy. It's almost a necessity.

Yeah, I'm not sure why there's a sentiment of "oh the Pats will NEVER carry that many WRs"... why not? They've been using their WRs a lot more and the TEs don't see a ton of action. They made the move for Sanu to shore things up, that's not something you really do when the position is already fully stocked.

Edelman is the #1 but needs to be kept fresh, Gordon needs time to heal but is a valuable asset and I can't envision them cutting him, Dorsett is a major contributor this season already, Meyers is an up-and-coming player that they clearly seem to value, Sanu was just traded for, Harry was activated so they obviously intend to bring him back (and he's a first-round pick), Gunner is the primary PR who's performing very well in that role (and didn't look too bad as a WR in limited action, to be honest), and Slater is Slater.

They've really got 6 WRs who are actually full-time WRs, one WR who is really the PR and a developmental WR, and one ST-only player listed as a WR. When they're featuring WRs as much as they are, 6 WRs isn't really all that crazy. It's almost a necessity.
Well said.

If a WR goes down between now and January they'll still have 5 that they can play.

When Harry is back they'll IR/Cut a TE. That'll leave 2.

When Wynn is back they'll IR/Cut a OL

Signing Monteiro as a OT to the PS covers them as a worst case if Wynn goes back to IR if whomever they cut to add Wynn is picked up.

Gun is 9th in ave PR yards in the entire league and averages 13 ST snaps a game. He isn't going anywhere.

Who are the 7 WRs this moron is counting?

JE
Josh
Sanu
Meyers
Dorsett

Slater is not a WR
Gun is emergency only

EDIT: Apparently I'm also a moron as I once again forgot Harry but I count 6 WRs they will really be using.

To Trollin's point they will have a decision to make if they do move forward and activate Harry. maybe Izzo or LaCosse go to IR?

Don't know you that well but you're definitely not a moron for not counting Harry since he is not on the roster and recent past tells us IR-return doesn't automatically mean a roster spot ;)

Gordon (rec Gronk) back at practice LaCosse out (walkthrough). Seems like Watson for LaCosse at TE & a spot for Harry but not a given.

The bigger Q is making a spot for FB unless they try with Izzo @HB. They tried 3 guys at FB (2 only at GL) @NYJ and it didn't look pretty.. Reiss says Develin is not coming back.

Don't know you that well but you're definitely not a moron for not counting Harry since he is not on the roster and recent past tells us IR-return doesn't automatically mean a roster spot ;)

Gordon (rec Gronk) back at practice LaCosse out (walkthrough). Seems like Watson for LaCosse at TE & a spot for Harry but not a given.

The bigger Q is making a spot for FB unless they try with Izzo @HB. They tried 3 guys at FB (2 only at GL) @NYJ and it didn't look pretty.. Reiss says Develin is not coming back.
I don't think FB is a position they will staff conventionally this year. It'll be what we saw on Monday. 6-7 OLs, Roberts, TE, etc.

I am making fun of Volin myself here, for how.. certain he appeared to be/always is in his opinions and the little what-if knife-twists he seems to insert in many of them. (Oh no the Patriots could be cutting Gordon)

Still, I try very hard to be fair to see other people's points. By 7, Volin is including Harry himself, so he's obviously not counting somebody on that list. Slater, I'm guessing.

Ben Vomit is just being an ******* here. I wish posters would stop posting his passive-aggressive tweets in this forum.

Tomlinson was the obvious choice. Nobody is going to pounce on him (unlike with the other receivers). He'll be back when we need a FB.

I don't think FB is a position they will staff conventionally this year. It'll be what we saw on Monday. 6-7 OLs, Roberts, TE, etc.

Id be surprised if they don't address FB more seriously. Its not just about 1yd situations; its about balance & complementary football, flow of the running game/play action that is struggling and especially about January football..

Its the only missing piece presuming Wynn is returning..

Does Harry have to be Put on 53 after 8 weeks? or can we wait a few more weeks until we need him. And after he becomes active can he be put on IR if re-injured? I presume so.

Id be surprised if they don't address FB more seriously. Its not just about 1yd situations; its about balance & complementary football, flow of the running game/play action that is struggling and especially about January football..

Andrew Beck is really looking like the player that got away this season.

I hear you but I don't think there is a FB on the street that they are comfortable bringing in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back