PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady will retire in at LEAST 2 years [EDIT: Tom will PLAY at LEAST 2 more years]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it have been that difficult to include at least in the thread title, which is exactly what the article/headline say?

Maybe it will only be two years but you guys have to stop taking everything so literally. He didn't say only two years. If he plays 20 more years, he'll also play 2 more years. He's playing out this contract. He may or may not play beyond that. That's it.

If he negotiates with the woman he is lost. Better find another QB quickly.

i bet part of the negotiation was a superbowl option. if he wins it, he retires.

That's my thinking. Two more chances to win one last one: a 6th that would put him in the same breath as Michael Jordan.

I just think this is a plot to point attention to the fact that he only has 2 more years on his deal because he’s angling for an extension.

If he's really planning to play into his mid-40's, he's playing for at least 3 more years.

The thread title reverses the meaning of the article title.

Wrong wtf, he just said he's playing untill his mid 40s /thread

Pretty much what I was thinking .. he's signed for 2 and he'll play them.

Perhaps he negotiates with Giselle from year to year after that ...

Hopefully no serious injuries for him these last few years ... but that applies to all players.

Pretty much what I was thinking .. he's signed for 2 and he'll play them.

Perhaps he negotiates with Giselle from year to year after that ...

Hopefully no serious injuries for him these last few years ... but that applies to all players.

I don't see the conflict in statements.

1) Tom WANTS to play into his mid 40's.

2) Giselle has agreed to 2 more years.

2020 is possible. We posters can guess how like that is.

What is important is the commitment by all to 2 years.

Most of us have been saying that since the off-season began. It does mean SOMETHING that his contract has not been extended. As Kraft said, everyone is happy with the contact as it is. Obviously, the contract could be extended later, for 2 years, or one year at a time.

With regard to a new quarterback. A quarterback (or 2) brought in next year will have at least a full year to learn, plus 2 off-seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back