PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady deserves this......

Status
Not open for further replies.

wistahpatsfan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Just pulled this off ESPN. LMFAO!:

You could almost picture Tom Brady heading into the coach's office after last season and saying, "Um, I don't know if you realize this, but I turn 30 this season. You just wasted a year of my prime. I'm never getting it back. I took a little less to stay here, you promised to build a quality team around me, then you traded Deion Branch and stuck me with Reche Caldwell as my No. 1, so my season came down to a third-down play where I crossed signals with a 38-year-old guy who should have been coaching our receivers instead of trying to get open on THE BIGGEST EFFING PLAY OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULD YOU GET ME SOME HELP PLEASE! THERE'S A CHANCE MY EX-GIRLFRIEND PULLED THE GOALIE ON ME THIS WINTER, COULD YOU THROW ME ONE EFFING BONE HERE! JUST ONE! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???"
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

Last edited:
I saw that too, that is a great read.

Maybe Moss isn't a brand-new Enzo, but he's definitely a Ferrari -- one of those with about 75,000 miles on it that you'd buy from a rapper who's going bankrupt. You're not exactly sure what condition it's in. It might be more trouble than it's worth. You have to keep it covered almost all the time. The parts are expensive. At the same time, it's a Ferrari and you're getting it at a discount, right? If you have the money and you always wanted a car like that, you have to make the deal.

hey, ya still wanna run th ecrap out of, even if it has 75k on it........

lets see what she'll do!

hey, ya still wanna run th ecrap out of, even if it has 75k on it........

lets see what she'll do!

That's one of the best things about this deal. We are going to be able to ride Moss hard this season and if he's worthless when the season is over, who cares.

Bill Simmons is the best thing at ESPN. That guy is funny and correct at the same time.

THERE'S A CHANCE MY EX-GIRLFRIEND PULLED THE GOALIE ON ME THIS WINTER, COULD YOU THROW ME ONE EFFING BONE HERE! JUST ONE! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I actually liked #4 the best.

Explanation No. 4: Just for the hell of it, Belichick decided to build this season's Patriots offense the same way I doctor my "Madden" roster every August by making as many shady Patriots-related trades as possible. I swear, I would have ended up making all three of those moves in four months, even if they hadn't happened.

I wonder if Miami will be dumb enough to trade me Wes Welker for a second-round pick? (Pause.) Wait ... the Dolphins agreed to the deal?

I wonder if Donte' Stallworth's agent will be dumb enough to sign a multi-year deal in which only the first year is guaranteed. (Pause.) Wait ... he said yes?

I wonder if the Raiders will accept a fourth rounder for Moss. Screw it, I'll make the offer. (Pause.) Wait, I just got Randy Moss?

You have to admit, at the very least, we have the greatest "Madden" offense in Patriots history: Brady, Maroney, Watson, Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Caldwell, Gaffney, Brown. I mean ... are you kidding me? Can I run a seven-receiver offense next year? Is that legal?

I could actually picture BB furiously working the joystick to this real life Madden game called the NFL :rocker:

Looking at his new group of receivers, Ol' Tom probably got a chub the quality of which even Giselle couldn't generate.:p :p :p :p

You could almost picture Tom Brady heading into the coach's office after last season and saying, "Um, I don't know if you realize this, but I turn 30 this season. You just wasted a year of my prime. I'm never getting it back. I took a little less to stay here, you promised to build a quality team around me, then you traded Deion Branch and stuck me with Reche Caldwell as my No. 1, so my season came down to a third-down play where I crossed signals with a 38-year-old guy who should have been coaching our receivers instead of trying to get open on THE BIGGEST EFFING PLAY OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULD YOU GET ME SOME HELP PLEASE! THERE'S A CHANCE MY EX-GIRLFRIEND PULLED THE GOALIE ON ME THIS WINTER, COULD YOU THROW ME ONE EFFING BONE HERE! JUST ONE! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK???"
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

True. True. And how much better to say it with brilliant humor like that.

I don't think that TB's highly visible cruising around Europe with babes on his arm this offseason was coincidence.

Don't get me wrong. Sure, he was having a blast, but I think he was also sending a message. "I've got my rings. I'm in Canton. You f!@ked me over last year. I'll never, never dog it, but there's a difference between focus and FOCUS, between my Almost A game and my A game. If you don't want to win another SB, then neither do I. It's up to you."

Last edited:
True. True. And how much better to say it with brilliant humor like that.

I don't think that TB's highly visible cruising around Europe with babes on his arm this offseason was coincidence.

Don't get me wrong. Sure, he was having a blast, but I think he was also sending a message. "I've got my rings. I'm in Canton. You f!@ked me over last year. I'll never, never dog it, but there's a difference between focus and FOCUS, between my Almost A game and my A game. If you don't want to win another SB, then neither do I. It's up to you."

You are gumbying the truth there just a bit. It was during the off-season for the players - that is their time to relax. It had nothing to do with sending a message to BB. I think it is fair to say that BB respects Tom's opinion a lot and Tom wouldn't have to use the media to send secret decoded messages to his coach to get his point across.

Rack him.
>>>>>>>>>>

You are gumbying the truth there just a bit. It was during the off-season for the players - that is their time to relax. It had nothing to do with sending a message to BB. I think it is fair to say that BB respects Tom's opinion a lot and Tom wouldn't have to use the media to send secret decoded messages to his coach to get his point across.

I didn't say that it was a secret message that needed decoding, and I have no doubt that TB is very open with the Patriots organization.

I am saying that I, at least, was reminded this offseason that Tom Brady is a guy whose got a whole lot going for him outside of football, from models to endorsements. I don't think that was lost on Patriots management, and I am speculating that Brady didn't expect it to be lost on them.

I think Tom walking around Paris and Milan with Gisele was a message more to his ex for 'pulling the goalie'.

I think Tom walking around Paris and Milan with Gisele was a message more to his ex for 'pulling the goalie'.

I think the ex may get the final laugh when she goes to her mailbox on the 1st of every month and gets that child support check until 2025.

I think the ex may get the final laugh when she goes to her mailbox on the 1st of every month and gets that child support check until 2025.

She is calculating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey