PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
ALeqM5gWG-ueYNeVsb_xLWlTkUBPlvlMOQs.jpg

Height: 6-1
Weight: 235
40-dash: 4.55
Project Rd: Early-Mid 2nd

2009 Stanford Stats:
282 attempts, 1,531 yards, 23 TDs. Also in contention for Heisman.

For everyone that complains about Maroney not running north-south, this is the most physical back in the draft.

In the last couple of years, RB/FB hybrids haven't found that much success in the NFL. Brian Leonard and Jacob Hester are the two most well known hybrids. The problem is that they are not utilized enough to justify the use of a first day draft pick. Maybe with a third round pick we could take a look at him, but I think we traded it away for Burgess.

UPDATE:

Last Nite against Notre Dame: 28 carries 205 yards 3 TDs, 1 passing TD

I didn't want to go here but look beyond the skin. He's a pure RB, no FB. The Stats, and measureables prove it.

Could Gerhart by the Great White Hope?

My hat goes off to the Cardinal OL. Since the disaster at Wake Forest,they have been amazing. They are blowing up opposing DL's like they are LBers.

Gerhart runs very hard, and looks fully recovered from the bad knee injury of a couple of years ago, but it is much easier to run over DB's than DL and that is what his OL is giving him the opportunity to do.

The OG #71 (I think) for the Cardinals is a run blocking beast. He is blowing up everybody that lines up across from him.

The OG #71 (I think) for the Cardinals is a run blocking beast. He is blowing up everybody that lines up across from him.

71 is junior OG Andrew Phillips, whom we've discussed on this board before. Possibly the best run blocking guard in college football right now. Those classics majors sure can block.

I don't know what to think of this guy, as stated before it's pretty easy for a 230 lb RB to run over DBs when he has a huge hole to run thru. He looks more big and fast than quick, I wouldn't think he would go in the top 40 picks,,,

How is he when there is no hole, does he move the pile??
Decisive??

On a team with a strong OL, he could be a major pain tho,,

I question whether he would work for the Pats,,,

2 cents

1992 Draft
With the 9th pick, the Browns (coached by Belichick) select:

Running Back
From Stanford
6'2"
230 lbs.

Tommy Vardell

Rushes for 1427 yards and 12 touchdowns

Unfortunately that was over an 8 year career

Pass

1992 Draft
With the 9th pick, the Browns (coached by Belichick) select:

Running Back
From Stanford
6'2"
230 lbs.

Tommy Vardell

Rushes for 1427 yards and 12 touchdowns

Unfortunately that was over an 8 year career

Pass

You cant assume that he will become a bust because of tommy vardell? for all we know, Gerhart could become a great NFL Rb. He also might be one of the toughest guys to figure out because im sure many teams will be asking if its gerhart or is he a product of that OL.

You cant assume that he will become a bust because of tommy vardell? for all we know, Gerhart could become a great NFL Rb. He also might be one of the toughest guys to figure out because im sure many teams will be asking if its gerhart or is he a product of that OL.

Just saying that if you have a horrific experience with a girl from Stanford (wake up with a disease and your wallet is gone...that type of thing), do you really want to go back to Palo Alto and pick up someone who looks exactly like her? I think Gerhart has the potential to be a solid NFL player...just not for Belichick.

Looking back at the 92 draft...Gawd it was terrible. Sorry for the Eugene Chung flashbacks. If you makes you feel better, check out the reaction at time 1:10 on this clip:

YouTube - NY Jets Draft Blunders

Just saying that if you have a horrific experience with a girl from Stanford (wake up with a disease and your wallet is gone...that type of thing), do you really want to go back to Palo Alto and pick up someone who looks exactly like her? I think Gerhart has the potential to be a solid NFL player...just not for Belichick.

That's like saying that because Rod Rust was a horrible coach, the Patriots are a bad team today.

If Vardell had graduated in 2007 instead of 1992, you might have a good point. But 17 years, in the college game, is an eternity.

That's like saying that because Rod Rust was a horrible coach, the Patriots are a bad team today.

No, it is actually like saying that because Romeo Crennell was a bust as a coach, the Browns shouldn't hire any former Patriot defensive coordinators.

If Vardell had graduated in 2007 instead of 1992, you might have a good point. But 17 years, in the college game, is an eternity.

I'm not saying there is any correlation at all between Touchdown Tommy and Gerhart. And I feel pretty confident that the Pats won't take Gerhart in the 1st round next year like the Browns did with Vardell. Just saying that Belichick might not want to draft a guy from the same school, same position, same build, same number of syllables in their name, etc. as the original draft bust that helped define his first failed coaching stint.

No, it is actually like saying that because Romeo Crennell was a bust as a coach, the Browns shouldn't hire any former Patriot defensive coordinators.

I'm not saying there is any correlation at all between Touchdown Tommy and Gerhart. And I feel pretty confident that the Pats won't take Gerhart in the 1st round next year like the Browns did with Vardell. Just saying that Belichick might not want to draft a guy from the same school, same position, same build, same number of syllables in their name, etc. as the original draft bust that helped define his first failed coaching stint.

But we just drafted a guy with the last name CHUNG. Granted its early but he seems to be working out for us wouldnt you say? I dont see us taking a RB in round 1 (hopefully thats a pass rusher or interior lineman) but if BB feels strongly on taking Gerhart in round 2 then im all for it.

Just saying that Belichick might not want to draft a guy from the same school, same position, same build, same number of syllables in their name, etc. as the original draft bust that helped define his first failed coaching stint.

Kyle Brady says hi. :D

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back