PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TMZ reporting the passing of Kobe Bryant

You are literally assuming his unproven guilt in mistake he made 18 years ago and using that to throw shade at him immediately after his and his daughter's death. Seriously, say one nice thing about hin, there's plenty to choose from in this man's life. You don't have to like him, but **** yourself for trying to make this the focus of attention right now.

Not to go too far down the rabbit hole, but is there an instance in which such a case could ever involve proven guilt, barring a witness? It doesn't seem possible to me.

But yes, I tend to agree it's best to not make that situation the focus of attention in the immediate aftermath of Kobe's death, especially when one considers that he offered a seemingly genuine apology.

Last edited:
As a competitor, I would hope that fans feel the same way about Brady as I do about Kobe. Of course I “hated” the guy because he was a Laker and the rivalry, but I could never say I truly disliked him and always respected him as a player. The guy just had such a drive to be the best. He never sucked up to the press and didn’t over market the crap out of himself. He just wanted to be the greatest basketball player and other celebrity things never seemed to be a big thing for him like so many athletes. I can’t say I truly respect a lot of other athletes in the same way. They seem to be really into crafting their own image and brand. Kobe just wanted to win and had such a killer instinct.

I’m surprised to see so many still believe that he didn’t clap those cheeks consensually. The girl showed up and half of the county’s DNA along with a box set of season one of The Sopranos fell out.

Well that's just dumb. Who pushed for the special clearance and who would grant it?

knowing nothing about flying a helicopter outside of video games, I feel like in that situation couldn’t you just try to fly straight up to a safe altitude before attempting to move in any direction?

Really sad as we get more information to learn that this could have been entirely avoided :(
He could have flown up if that was the issue. The aircraft would need to be capable of flying and navigating in the clouds. Most likely this one was but I can’t say for sure. The issue with running in low clouds down a valley is that if all of a sudden you end up in a cloud you need to climb to altitude without hitting anything before you can start really flying in it. It’s safer to just plan to go in the clouds and not end up in them accidentally. However flying below clouds is common, it’s just that pilots need to determine at which point it’s just too low to continue safely.

Accidentally going in at low altitude kills a lot of people. There was probably some pressure to not give in and enter the clouds because it means taking everyone to some airport to wait until weather clears. Obviously that’s better than hitting a mountain but just saying that’s a factor. He could not take Kobe to his requested destination once he entered the clouds.

Also I don’t know for sure weather was the cause.

I’m surprised to see so many still believe that he didn’t clap those cheeks consensually. The girl showed up and half of the county’s DNA along with a box set of season one of The Sopranos fell out.

Of course, being a sloot does not mean that you can’t be raped. However, the most likely scenario, as in most he said/she said cases is that he TRULY believed it was consensual and she TRULY believed it wasn’t. There is quite literally no way to resolve the way two people interpret such a complicated event, particularly where the two parties don’t know each other and their nonverbal cues. Other than acknowledging that the claims were made, I don’t understand how anyone can responsibly comment on what happened in that room.

Of course, being a sloot does not mean that you can’t be raped. However, the most likely scenario, as in most he said/she said cases is that he TRULY believed it was consensual and she TRULY believed it wasn’t. There is quite literally no way to resolve the way two people interpret such a complicated event, particularly where the two parties don’t know each other and their nonverbal cues. Other than acknowledging that the claims were made, I don’t understand how anyone can responsibly comment on what happened in that room.
Read his apology.

Is it possible to just say "Kobe probably didn't rape her" without all the extra slut implications/judgment?

Is it possible to just say "Kobe probably didn't rape her" without all the extra slut implications/judgment?
No. Two sides of the serrated knife.

Are you, though? Nowadays we are being told that you must believe the woman is right and always telling the truth. I remember the AB/assault thread back in September you had numbskulls saying that the Duke lacrosse players were guilty despite it being one the most high profile cases of a false rape allegation. I’m hardly surprised that people believe it, regardless of him not being convicted of anything.

Last edited:
If your suggesting I can’t talk about it because I’m not the NTSB you’re wrong.
Go ahead, I ain’t stopping you nor can I. But don’t be surprised if what you say winds up on the side of mountain in the fog.

Read his apology.

Thank you, I just did. Here is the money quote, which is the exact sentiment I just expressed:

“Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did.”

Go ahead, I ain’t stopping you nor can I. But don’t be surprised if what you say winds up on the side of mountain in the fog.
I explained the dangers of weather flying to someone who asked. That will remain true no matter what the NTSB reports.

Still can’t believe he is gone and in a ****ing helicopter crash.

I think that it is a believable and honest mistake and people should let it go.

What Tanguay did was more on-purpose, and therefore inappropriate.

I don’t judge sluts. The implication is there because it was true in 2003-2004. Whether it still is or not, I’m not sure. But I don’t see what’s wrong with pointing out what was fairly obvious.

I explained the dangers of weather flying to someone who asked. That will remain true no matter what the NTSB reports.
Sure. They had a helicopter crash last June (pilot only thankfully) in NYC in the rain/heavy wind by an experienced pilot. Crashed into the roof of the AXA building. No one else dared fly in that weather. Happens when money pushes safety and common sense out of the way.

In 2018, a tour helicopter in NYC with no doors so the tourists could take photos crashed into the Hudson River. All the tourists who were harnessed in place, died. The pilot was able to escape. Nothing has changed, they’re still flying these helicopters despite ignoring in-place regulations. $$$

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back