PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Titans @ Ravens thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The replies to this tweet are great reading material while having your morning cup of coffee
Pure gold.

As someone above said yesterday this was an excellent year for them but they can't play from behind. If they have to drop back 50 times or whatever it was, I don't care how many yards they got that's not a good recipe for almost any team but especially a guy who has accuracy issues. He had many TDs this year but they blasted people in the 1st quarter like a dozen games in a row and everything went off of that. I found it fitting they were down 28-12 with 6 mins or so left. Sorry Lamar, it's not that easy to be Tom Brady is it?

I'm nearly as happy as the I would be with the Pats beating the Ravens. That was an ass kicking. The Patriots and Titans game was could have gone either way but this was pure domination.

Ya that's how I saw it also. I'm so tired of hearing KC fans and news people saying they were an offside away from winning. Was it the series after or before that Jackson got flagged for a very ticky tack hold within the 5 yards that wiped away a fumble?

That phantom “hold” occurred before the offside, I think.

this Titans team is built to beat KC. they can run the ball and shorten the game...and oh, kansas city has the worst run defense in the league.

There is none, obviously. This Bacon guy also insinuated me calling Jackson's tackle tonight "dirty garbage" was racist. o_O

I've read five posts from him in here and in four of them he's telling others they don't know anything about football. Cool guy.

Four out of five? I always thought that was just part of his signature and should five out of five.

“It’s okay that you’re a fan and don’t understand the game on a deeper level like me.”

Thats not true

Brady knew it was a dead play and thats the reason for the half hearted throw. Also, Justin Houston's helmet was in the neutral zone too. Ford was looking at Houston when he lined up and was way in. The NFL rules state that within 2 minutes there is no warning for that infraction. A penalty must be called. So, Reid whining that he did not get a fair break is a load of horse 5hit.
This is total BS. Everyone on the Pats thought the game was over. Edelman congratulated the DB covering him. There was no jump offsides to see and the flag was thrown on the sideline - Brady did not know he had a free play. Brady does not need people making stuff up to defend him.

giphy.gif

"When the Super Bowl comes, whoever we play, they're going to be in trouble." Earl Thomas
Two things the Pats generally don't do that did in Baltimore:

Rest players two weeks in a row (can anyone say that Lamar Jackson was not rusty?).
Overlook your next opponent.

I'm loving it!

My only regret is that we flamed out early as someone cleared Baltimore out for us, and we would have had a much clearer path back to the SB (but not overlooking our next opponent, LOL).

Jackson had 508 yatds of offense both passing and rushing and he LOST?! This is insane. How did the league allow this to happen to their new star?

Two very satisfactory outcomes from Saturday! Great to see the purple crowd's collective faces so glum and forlorn. I kept watching Henry, and admiring the skill and power. When he ran and almost made it to the endzone, that was worth the price of admission alone. Good luck to the Titans. It is a Chiefs / Texan opponent ahead. Good luck to the 49ers too.

Jackson had 508 yatds of offense both passing and rushing and he LOST?! This is insane. How did the league allow this to happen to their new star?
Come to find out, Henry is right : stats are nice, wins are better.

They expected a cakewalk. When they got down 14-0, they had no idea how to handle it and they panicked.

Absolutely, Jackson's sideline tantrums were enjoyable to watch

LOL at anyone who thinks yesterday's game has any long term implications for measuring how good a QB Jackson is. He's 22. 90% of us on this board were barely able to figure out how to hold down a job at 22. He's done amazing things with his life, his career, and his talent. We have no idea how good he will become.

And it is equally sad that Patriots fans believe that to compliment a player from a competitor is somehow to disrespect the Patriots. That's just broadcasting insecurity. The opposite is true. The better the opposition is, the more significant it is to defeat them.

Good article on the Athletic this morning about making sense of last night's game for Jackson:
Wading through the takes to make sense of Lamar Jackson's...

Includes this paragraph:
The truth is that Jackson delivered an MVP season at the age of 22. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions at that age, and his team went 3-13. Aaron Rodgers attempted 16 passes. Tom Brady wasn’t in the NFL yet.

I applaud your anachronistic deference to this message board's Malaysian members in the spirit of inclusion! Political correctness rules! :cool:

amuck
noun

\ ə-ˈmək \
less-common variant of AMOK ...
Amok vs. amuck

Amok is the 21st-century standard spelling of the word meaning (1) in a frenzy to do violence, or (2) in an uncontrolled state. Amuck is an old alternative spelling of the Malaysian loanword, and it had a few decades of prevalence before the middle 20th century, but it has now fallen out of favor. A few usage authorities still recommend the latter spelling, but amok is preferred in edited writing of this century.

Last edited:
Watch the play again. It wasn’t a dead play because Ford lined up in the neutral zone. He didn’t jump offside. Brady threw a catchable ball to Gronk and it deflected off him for a pick.

I’m not disputing the referee’s call either. It was the right call. I’m saying the Pats lose if Ford doesn’t line up in the neutral zone.
Huh?

The whistle blew first and Brady threw the ball. The down was voided before Brady threw the ball.

2016 draft:

Henry pick #45 - Titans:)

Cyrus Jones pick #60 - Patriotso_O

15 slots really should have been separated by 7 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots