PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time for a New Offensive Coordinator

1. The Bucs went 8-0 after their bye and averaged 34 points a game after the bye. Averaged 31 points per game for the season.

2. Byron Leftwich and Todd Boyles look like red hot candidates for HC jobs next year.

Hiring Leftwich for having a good offense with Tom Brady and THAT collection of weapons would be a stretch. Bowles is a little more impressive, though also had a ton of talent and has already failed once as a HC. Not that that's always a sign of things, see Belichick and Pete Carroll as examples, but still, I think teams should be wary of assistants on a team that was loaded like Tampa Bay.

Hiring Leftwich for having a good offense with Tom Brady and THAT collection of weapons would be a stretch. Bowles is a little more impressive, though also had a ton of talent and has already failed once as a HC. Not that that's always a sign of things, see Belichick and Pete Carroll as examples, but still, I think teams should be wary of assistants on a team that was loaded like Tampa Bay.

I think Todd Bowles feat holding KC to 9 points will look even more impressive over time. I don't get why sometimes guys get a pass for having all stars (The Rams DC who got the chargers job while having Aaron Donald and a half dozen all stars on defense) compared to knocking Bowles or Leftwich for having some talent.

Idk, BB failed once as an HC. Bowles failed with Jets, the definition of a failed franchise.

I think the critique is really that his defense went against one of the worst OLs in the NFL (due in large part to injury) and the KC staff never adapted to its deficiencies. That makes the achievement of stopping the KC offense a lot less notable.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back