Search

Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

RobertWeathers

Chairman & CEO of Team Bill
Cop once pulled me over on a mountainous highway...
Said to me "Do you you know how fast you were going?"
I responded "I'm guessing 88"
He replied " I clocked you at 93, high speed of the day"
I looked at him and laughed..."Well all right!.....but you know officer, you caught me on a downhill"
He smiled back "Funny how that works'
And he wrote me up for $25 No Seat Belt ticket and I was on my way

Moral of the story...Always admit guilt, don't be dick, and don't drive around in a red, douche bag car :)
No question. Being a d--k to a cop gets you nowhere.

Pats1971

Practice Squad Player
No question. Being a d--k to a cop gets you nowhere.
Similar happened to me. I have received 3 tickets in my life and 2 of them were BS. One was, I was in a line of cars that left a read light. I was like the 3rd one back in a line of like 7 cars. A cop on the other wide of the road, came out and got behind the back of cars with their lights going. I pulled over as you are supposed to in order to let them by. The cop pulled in behind me, she said she had me closed at whatever. I said, I was in a line of cars, how did you clock me and not clock them, she said oh I clocked them the same speed, but you pulled over. True story.

RobertWeathers

Chairman & CEO of Team Bill
Similar happened to me. I have received 3 tickets in my life and 2 of them were BS. One was, I was in a line of cars that left a read light. I was like the 3rd one back in a line of like 7 cars. A cop on the other wide of the road, came out and got behind the back of cars with their lights going. I pulled over as you are supposed to in order to let them by. The cop pulled in behind me, she said she had me closed at whatever. I said, I was in a line of cars, how did you clock me and not clock them, she said oh I clocked them the same speed, but you pulled over. True story.
Good grief.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Cop once pulled me over on a mountainous highway...
Said to me "Do you you know how fast you were going?"
I responded "I'm guessing 88"
He replied " I clocked you at 93, high speed of the day"
I looked at him and laughed..."Well all right!.....but you know officer, you caught me on a downhill"
He smiled back "Funny how that works'
And he wrote me up for $25 No Seat Belt ticket and I was on my way

Moral of the story...Always admit guilt, don't be dick, and don't drive around in a red, douche bag car :)
As your attorney, I have to advise - Never admit guilt! You should always be very nice to the cop, however. Not sure if you could get away with 88 on a 55 if that is the scenario, but a sample exchange below has gotten me a warning more times than I can count. They need you to admit guilt if it's a close call, so don't admit it!

Cop: Do you know how fast you were going? (Or the other question - do you know why I pulled you over?)
You: I'm sorry, officer, I have no idea (looking confused and being very polite while getting out your license and registration)
Cop: You were going 75 in a 65 (or you rolled through that stop sign back there).
You: Oh no, officer, I could not have been going that fast! (or, Oh no officer, I did not roll through; I stopped and looked both ways like I always do!).
Cop: I'll be right back. (10 minutes elapse while everyone stares at you as they drive by...)
Cop: Ma'am I am letting you off with a warning, but you've got to slow down out there...
You: thank you officer!

:)

FreeTedWilliams

BB's tailor
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
It's nice when cops treat you like a person right off the bat, instead of a dangerous criminal.

Thats how cops end up dead, nothing more dangerous than pulling over a car without a partner. The cops thinks he is givign a speeding ticket, the driver could be a mass murderer, or thinks the cops knows he just beat his wife. Cops are taught to be extra careful until they evaluate the driver and any risks. Its has nothing to do with being mean, it has everything to do with officer safety.

watch this video and tell me you thought this kid was about to shoot. He gave no signs of it, looked like a typical car stop, it wasn't until he heard on the radio that the cops knew the car he was driving was stolen that he shoots the cops. I can show you a million more of these.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Thats how cops end up dead, nothing more dangerous than pulling over a car without a partner. The cops thinks he is givign a speeding ticket, the driver could be a mass murderer, or thinks the cops knows he just beat his wife. Cops are taught to be extra careful until they evaluate the driver and any risks. Its has nothing to do with being mean, it has everything to do with officer safety.

watch this video and tell me you thought this kid was about to shoot. He gave no signs of it, looked like a typical car stop, it wasn't until he heard on the radio that the cops knew the car he was driving was stolen that he shoots the cops. I can show you a million more of these.

I once got pulled over about 20 years ago (and got a warning - see above!) in my minivan where my 2 one-year-olds were asleep in their car seats in the back and I was alone up front. The windows in the back of the van were tinted (the windshield and the ones in the front were not). I watched in the side mirror (incredulously) as the young cop snuck up along the side of the van like I was a mass murderer. I may have even asked him, "Is everything okay, officer?" or my face certainly said it. As he looked into the car I saw him visibly deflate in relief. I wasn't sure if he was looking for some particular bad guys, or he was new (he was very young) and had been trained to expect the worst. Videos like the one you post show he wasn't wrong to approach that way...

Nunchucks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

That's also how innocent people end up dead.

borg

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
As your attorney, I have to advise - Never admit guilt! You should always be very nice to the cop, however. Not sure if you could get away with 88 on a 55 if that is the scenario, but a sample exchange below has gotten me a warning more times than I can count. They need you to admit guilt if it's a close call, so don't admit it!

Cop: Do you know how fast you were going? (Or the other question - do you know why I pulled you over?)
You: I'm sorry, officer, I have no idea (looking confused and being very polite while getting out your license and registration)
Cop: You were going 75 in a 65 (or you rolled through that stop sign back there).
You: Oh no, officer, I could not have been going that fast! (or, Oh no officer, I did not roll through; I stopped and looked both ways like I always do!).
Cop: I'll be right back. (10 minutes elapse while everyone stares at you as they drive by...)
Cop: Ma'am I am letting you off with a warning, but you've got to slow down out there...
You: thank you officer!

:)
It was 93 in a 65...................... HIGH SPEED OF THE DAY..............don't sell me short :)

I've found admitting guilt when you are guilty minimizes the cop's "hardo" instinct to punish.
Accept fault, bend the knee, acknowledge the cop has his "win"...... and then it becomes just a matter of how much more winning the cop wants at your expense.
I'm 5 for 5 getting out of speeding tickets in the last 10 years using the Borg System (patent pending) while my wife and kids are 0 for 4.
The wife gets too combative.
Cops see ticketing teens as a necessary lesson learned.

Last time I got a speeding ticket was only because my friend's wife, the stereotypical loud mouth New Yorker, who was sitting in the back seat essentially begged the cop to write a ticket.
We were two couples riding around on the border of Idaho and Wyoming and I was flying. Cop pulls us over in what we think is Wyoming which fined drivers $5 (back in the day) no matter the speed. The cop comes up to the car and overhears my friend's obnoxious wife giggling how great it was that I'm going to get a $5 ticket and he leans into the car and says "Dear........you left Wyoming three miles back and on behalf of the state of Idaho my ticket will be $155 and this guy is really lucky I'm not going to arrest him."
She stopped giggling....................................until the cop left.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
RW, you don’t need to try and validate it, it’s just my view of it, and I just don’t have the time to spend time on here looking up statistics to make a case for pretty much anything. You can agree or disagree but my view of it is that Tiger faced a tougher overall field than Nicklaus did, and I believe that Tiger ended up being a victim of his own success in that 15 years later he was facing all the kids who grew up idolizing him, and they could hit it as far and play at a level golf hadn’t seen before. I watched a little of the Genesis tournament last weekend and they were talking about a par four that a few big hitters used to try to drive, and saying that now more than 3/4 of the field is approaching it that way. I’m not trying to diminish Nicklaus, he was an amazing golfer who has always deserved the accolades heaped upon him, I just think Tiger was a better golfer.
Jack Nicklaus faced a MUCH tougher field in his day than Tiger in his heyday.....that is not even disputable....if Rookie Tiger came out in today’s times against today’s field ....he would have won half at best as many majors and tournaments