Ice_Ice_Brady

Team Bill's Worst Nightmare

Now we can keep on the football forum.

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner

Now we can keep on the football forum.
This would make drugs or alcohol unlikely, since he was headed to an 8AM video shoot.

In a hurry, unfamiliar road, unfamiliar car, too much speed...

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member
I'm not cherry-picking years to make and argument.

The numbers are the numbers.

Jack had 126 PGA Tour/Majors starts after the 1986 Masters. Throwing those out just because "he is old" is not right.
Sure they count but including years when he had no chance to win and comparing percentages to a guy who hasn’t reach that age yet is not a fair comparison.

Ice_Ice_Brady

Team Bill's Worst Nightmare
Not sure why everyone instantly questions if drugs or alcohol were present in a car accident involving Tiger. Is it because it's Tiger?

I just hope he's OK and will be able to golf again.

He got a DUI a few years ago and has been in rehab a few times. Expected reaction for a famous person with a public history of substance abuse problems.

Ras-IR Dowling

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Not sure why everyone instantly questions if drugs or alcohol were present in a car accident involving Tiger. Is it because it's Tiger?

Not gonna lie, at first I thought it could have been pain meds due to his recent back surgery.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Wall of Fame Member

Nah it’s because it’s a one car accident and unfortunately drugs or alcohol are often involved.

jbean9876abcd

On the Game Day Roster
I've stayed at the resort he was at - lovely place. Gigantic fan of his back in the day (but a little less so after the affair and dui), but man get a better alarm, so you don't risk other people's lives insanely speeding to make your appt. Thankfully, he's still alive and was the only one who was hurt.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
He overslept and was late for an appointed meeting...but don't let the Holier Than Thou Patsfan ****y Parade hear that...he must FRY just like they say on Deadspunk and the rest of the vampiric "entertainment" media. Stop being such a bunch of Ivory Snow halo wearers. Everyone's shyt stinks.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
He overslept and was late for an appointed meeting...but don't let the Holier Than Thou Patsfan ****y Parade hear that...he must FRY just like they say on Deadspunk and the rest of the vampiric "entertainment" media. Stop being such a bunch of Ivory Snow halo wearers. Everyone's shyt stinks.
Heard this song was blasting on repeat in the car when first responders initially approached the vehicle...

Pape

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
jack v tiger ... interesting argument ... dont care rightly, no skin off my back who is better at golph ... but i was curious what people thoight about the goat golpher ... read this, thought it was a neat way to look at it

RobertWeathers

Chairman & CEO of Team Bill
It depends what we’re trying to use the percentages to figure out.

I think most people are interested in knowing the percentages to compare their dominance. In that case it’s Tiger 97-08 and Jack 62-80. And I believe the majors are Tiger 29% and Jack 22%. But then of course, Jack’s run is quite a bit longer.

If we’re counting all of their years, I think total wins gives us what we’re looking for, and the percentages can penalize someone for non-peak longevity.

Just my opinion, Team Bill.
Thanks, Team Tom :p

Last edited:

RobertWeathers

Chairman & CEO of Team Bill
jack v tiger ... interesting argument ... dont care rightly, no skin off my back who is better at golph ... but i was curious what people thoight about the goat golpher ... read this, thought it was a neat way to look at it

Yea I read that. It was a good article.

The author doesn't account for the lesser equipment (drivers, irons, balls, putter) and tougher conditions (fairway grass longer, longer rough, longer greens) Jack had in his era.

As I stated in my OP stats tell one story but reality another.

Last edited:

vuudu

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I once rented a Genesis and for a so called luxury vehicle, I thought the handling was very poor. I was so uncomfortable driving in Cali where the speed limit was 80mph. I returned and got an Impala and the Impala rode like a luxury vehicle. Never been a fun of hyundai or whatever they put out there as Genesis. They should look into this vehicle and for Tiger, I don't care whatever money you are getting from there. Go America! Or German. They build those cars right.

NormZauchin

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sorry but that entire post has nothing to do with anything. Your last paragraph is putting words in my mouth and reminds me of trolls you constantly battled on here. You said it's NOT CLOSE. That's complete BS. If you own up to that the rest can be negotiated but until then your posts on the subject are without basis. What he said as a kid has 0 bearing on who the greatest is and that's a scary way to evaluate players. He also is not the person to decide who the greatest is and neither is Jack. Again, I'm not saying I think he is nor am I saying he's not. I'd have to think about it. That's the point. It's very very close. Almost every single person would agree with that. It's not an easy call. If you polled 1 million golf fans in the USA of all ages will they agree with you? Would it be 80% Jack? I think Jack would be lucky to get 50% and that's EVEN if you cheated and polled people over 60years of age and older and ignored his own generation of fans.

Edit: Even better yet, go poll all active and inactive players. From both generations. You'd lose there also IMO and it would be even more one sided if the poll was blind. Again, I take issue with you saying it's not close not who you are picking.
Whether you're polling Americans about the GOAT golfer, the GOAT in any sport, or the greatest pop song of all time, there is a strong bias for the more recent. Heck, how many present day basketball fans are aware of the achievements of Bill Russell?

NormZauchin

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sorry bro, I agree with most of your posts but saying it's an 'easy call' to make Jack the best is dubious at BEST. I don't actually care who guys want to crown the best, both are great, but both are worthy. Tiger has more PGA Tour wins overall and 3 less majors. That's not a HUGE gap. 2nd places mean nothing. It's comparable to the other thread where you had a guy argue with you that assistant coaches rings count. Wins is all that matters. Tiger also has something like a 90%+ closing rate when leading after 3 rounds. He's the best closer that ever lived in all sports. He's not bobby orr. It's not even close. He owns so many scoring records it's insane. Come on bro.

Edit: I hope he's ok and also consider his amateur career. Jack used to count those as majors and if you do he gains an edged there too.
Tiger was a great closer, but not someone who came from behind. The 2019 Masters was the first and only major that he won in which he did not have the lead at the end of the third round. I do not wish to get into a debate about the relative contributions to greatness of closing out leads versus comeback victories. I am only pointing out this anomaly.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
Whether you're polling Americans about the GOAT golfer, the GOAT in any sport, or the greatest pop song of all time, there is a strong bias for the more recent. Heck, how many present day basketball fans are aware of the achievements of Bill Russell?
Not the Goat golfer but wish him speedy recovery

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
Tiger was a great closer, but not someone who came from behind. The 2019 Masters was the first and only major that he won in which he did not have the lead at the end of the third round. I do not wish to get into a debate about the relative contributions to greatness of closing out leads versus comeback victories. I am only pointing out this anomaly.
Well said