PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This safety class

With the Chung extension, seems like bb is downplaying the need for a SS early.

I’d probably rule out Rapp or Abrams. Still think Thornhill or maybe Savage could work.

If it’s Joejuan I’m on board. He provides something we don’t really have.

I agree.

Either this guy

Long_David.jpg

or that guy

Williams_Joejuan.jpg

Eric Rowe seemed to be slated to take the larger wide receivers at the start of last season, so I could see Joejuan Williams or a long CB of his ilk being picked if the value is there.

With the Chung extension, seems like bb is downplaying the need for a SS early.

An extension of McCourty (which is likely) would seal the deal. As long as McCourty is staying, we can afford to wait to see what we have in Obi, Brooks and even Dawson.

An extension of McCourty (which is likely) would seal the deal. As long as McCourty is staying, we can afford to wait to see what we have in Obi, Brooks and even Dawson.
Brooks is a core ST, Obi a project and Dawson a stiff CB for now

So? And you are sure that will be the case at the end of 2020 and that there is no hope for any of them?

All I have said is that if McCourty is extended, I see little or no need for an early safety. We would have the top safety corp in the NFL committed through 2020. NEXT YEAR would be the time to consider drafting a top prospect or two for 2021.

Brooks is a core ST, Obi a project and Dawson a stiff CB for now

So? And you are sure that will be the case at the end of 2020 and that there is no hope for any of them?

All I have said is that if McCourty is extended, I see little or no need for an early safety. We would have the top safety corp in the NFL committed through 2020. NEXT YEAR would be the time to consider drafting a top prospect or two for 2021.
Not disagreeing with you, just stating the current situation

I'm not necessarily for drafting a S in the top 100 but getting younger there would be nice

S i like: Jaqoun Johnson, Will Harris, Sean Williams

fair enough

Not disagreeing with you, just stating the current situation

I'm not necessarily for drafting a S in the top 100 but getting younger there would be nice

S i like: Jaqoun Johnson, Will Harris, Sean Williams

Another reason why I wouldn't draft either Abram or Thompson anywhere within even the top 100. Small + Unproductive = No Thanks.
Abram is way overhyped. He is a marginal prospect. 4th or 5th round, ok.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back