PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This has been a boring season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Coon

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I dont know about everyone else, but i just dont get into Patriot games on Sunday like i used to. I used to be pumped to watch the pats every week, now i really dont care all that much. Just watching them is kinda depressing. The Crowd is NEVER into the game and that kinda makes me not get into the game as well. I REALLY REALLY MISS the old Foxboro Stadium. The Crowd was great back then.

As for the team, they just arent as exciting to watch anymore. Not much fire on the field this year compared to years past. Harrison was the one guy who has actually showed me some emotion this year (because hes Rodney F*kn Harrison) and not that hes on the shelve this team really has me bored. Brady looks like he got more on his mind than just football and that just pisses me off. wheres the 26 yr old who looked like he was having fun out there a few years back? Our offense is so bland and vanilla, no wonder opposing defenses are feasting on us. And it seems like our defense hasnt forced a turnover since Ty Law left town. I will never abandon ship and will love the pats till the day i die but its just depressing to watch this team not show up and play football like we know they can play. This team needs to show SOME DAMN FIRE! Play like Champs. I can take a loss if we show some effort and play well. I cant stand losing to teams because of piss poor tackling, crappy offense, etc. The REAL season starts next week at GB...I used to count down the days until football Sunday, i want to get back to feeling that way again.

Interesting.

Because I find myself feeling the exact opposite. During the run I just sat back and waited for them to win, I was never nervous and always expected them to win. Last year brought some life into the regular season games and it has carried forward, to a degree this season.

What makes me chuckle is your words. Because it only lends truth to what I feel about our fan base. Why is that you need to see a dominate Pats team on Sunday to tune in? Were you with us in 99' when AV missed a 35 yard FG in KC that would of given us a huge shot at the playoffs?

Patskers said:
I dont know about everyone else, but i just dont get into Patriot games on Sunday like i used to. I used to be pumped to watch the pats every week, now i really dont care all that much. Just watching them is kinda depressing. The Crowd is NEVER into the game and that kinda makes me not get into the game as well. I REALLY REALLY MISS the old Foxboro Stadium. The Crowd was great back then.

As for the team, they just arent as exciting to watch anymore. Not much fire on the field this year compared to years past. Harrison was the one guy who has actually showed me some emotion this year (because hes Rodney F*kn Harrison) and not that hes on the shelve this team really has me bored. Brady looks like he got more on his mind than just football and that just pisses me off. wheres the 26 yr old who looked like he was having fun out there a few years back? Our offense is so bland and vanilla, no wonder opposing defenses are feasting on us. And it seems like our defense hasnt forced a turnover since Ty Law left town. I will never abandon ship and will love the pats till the day i die but its just depressing to watch this team not show up and play football like we know they can play. This team needs to show SOME DAMN FIRE! Play like Champs. I can take a loss if we show some effort and play well. I cant stand losing to teams because of piss poor tackling, crappy offense, etc. The REAL season starts next week at GB...I used to count down the days until football Sunday, i want to get back to feeling that way again.

:ditto:

Wow, I thought I was the only one. I actually missed the first half of the @Buffalo game because I wanted to get some sleep. That would've never happened two years ago. This team just isn't what it used to be. :(

u know what makes a fun season? a big TD like Devin Hester on the 108 yard return on the kick attempt. thats two 108 returns on a FG attempt. we need to see some speed..some big plays..wether a long run like Dillon had today..or a long pass play..or a int for 6 or something.

mgcolby said:
Interesting.

Because I find myself feeling the exact opposite. During the run I just sat back and waited for them to win, I was never nervous and always expected them to win. Last year brought some life into the regular season games and it has carried forward, to a degree this season.

What makes me chuckle is your words. Because it only lends truth to what I feel about our fan base. Why is that you need to see a dominate Pats team on Sunday to tune in? Were you with us in 99' when AV missed a 35 yard FG in KC that would of given us a huge shot at the playoffs?

:D

Seymour93 said:

Wow, I thought I was the only one. I actually missed the first half of the @Buffalo game because I wanted to get some sleep. That would've never happened two years ago. This team just isn't what it used to be. :(

It sucks being a fan of a front runner now doesn't it. Why don't you just enjoy what they have given us and what they are giving us and STFU?

Again refer to my post from a few Friday's ago and you are the type of person I was referring to.

I must say, this cleansing is actually good.

Seymour93 said:

Seems to me like the musings of a very wishy-washy fan. We are 6-3 and likely headed for the playoffs. This is November, the heart of football season, and we have seven games to go. I love football, I love the Patriots, and all the negativity dragging down this board right now is lame. I'm just as frustrated as anyone over today's poor performance, but this team is far from done.

Patskers said:

Why do you mean they aren't playing with any fire? Looks like they are playing hard to me, if you can't deal with a 6-3 record and a couple bad games you shouldn't even be watching football, face it, we aren't going 14-2 every year. The defense always has had 10 INTs so far this year, thats as much as they had all of last year so I really don't get where you are coming from it seems like you haven't even been watching the games and just check the box scores at the end and decide what you think.. if you're bored stop watching no ones forcing you, frankly I don't know how you can be bored watching football its the most exciting sport on the planet and just because you lose 2 in a row doesn't mean the season is over, brady sucks or whatever stuff the fairweather fans are going to say until sunday rolls around.

mgcolby said:
It sucks being a fan of a front runner now doesn't it. Why don't you just enjoy what they have given us and what they are giving us and STFU?

We are no longer frontrunners. The Colts, Broncos, Ravens, and Chargers are. Any team that can't win at home isn't a frontrunner.

Again refer to my post from a few Friday's ago and you are the type of person I was referring to.

Ohh you mean your political post that was mocked and laughed at by half of the forum?

Tunescribe said:
Seems to me like the musings of a very wishy-washy fan. We are 6-3 and likely headed for the playoffs. This is November, the heart of football season, and we have seven games to go. I love football, I love the Patriots, and all the negativity dragging down this board right now is lame. I'm just as frustrated as anyone over today's poor performance, but this team is far from done.

I enjoyed the 2000 season more than this one. It's just a matter of meeting expectations or not. If you're fine with the franchise slowly fading back into mediocrity then I guess this season has been a blast.

Seymour93 said:
I enjoyed the 2000 season more than this one. It's just a matter of meeting expectations or not. If you're fine with the franchise slowly fading back into mediocrity then I guess this season has been a blast.

Well make sure you catch up on your sleep. Me I'm going to watch my team if they don't win another game I will still watch them EVERY week. Of course I don't write off MY team with 7 games left in the regular season...like some do.

Am I happy with the Pats performance today? No, but I watched the whole game and will be there at kickoff next week too...maybe some of you should watch "exciting teams" like ATL....they suit the fair weather portion of our fan base better...of course no SB's but obviously since it is apparent to some here we CAN'T win the SB this year (hey any of you prognosticators got the winning lotto numbers for the next drawing??) go root for that "exciting team" and tell me how that works for ya.....go ahead rest up.

Seymour93 said:
We are no longer frontrunners. The Colts, Broncos, Ravens, and Chargers are. Any team that can't win at home isn't a frontrunner.

Ohh you mean your political post that was mocked and laughed at by half of the forum?

Well you can always sleep through the bad games?

And if half the forum consist of a handfull of morons then yeah that was the thread. Remember the one where I was the descendent of a nazi sympathizer. What is funny is after I was mocked by "half the board" you came on here and told us how boring the Pats have become without knowing what it was like, to celebrate knowing they had simply made the playoffs. If that is what makes you feel good,then I know that you are a front running Pats, Longhorns etc... fan. But you will never know what it felt like in 1994 when the Pats were making their first real playoff run of this era.

Most of us teen's at the time were talking about it on the practice field because it was the first Pats team in our time that was competitive.

Just curious, when did you become a fan?

Care to tell us your first Pats memory.

I don't think any Pat game is boring. If they're winning big, I'm still cheering them on. If they're losing big, I still foolishly believe they can pull off a miracle. The Pats are my team and I'm always excited whenever they play.

Seymour93 said:

Dude, what are you smoking?! THIS TEAM HAS ALREADY WON MORE GAMES THAN THE 2000 TEAM, with seven games left to play! How on earth can you call yourself a fan? Amazing.

mgcolby said:
Just curious, when did you become a fan?

Care to tell us your first Pats memory.

Yeah, it's in the Roll Call thread, page 9, go take a look for yourself. Keep in mind I was a grand total of eight years old at the time.

Listen, I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. In a perfect world every single Pats fan would be as loyal, as hardcore as you are, never questioning the team, FO, coaches, or owner. But we're not, so your campaign to purge non-Kool Aid drinkers is getting a bit tedious IMHO. Just remember that there is more than one way to support your team.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Dude, what are you smoking?! THIS TEAM HAS ALREADY WON MORE GAMES THAN THE 2000 TEAM, with seven games left to play! How on earth can you call yourself a fan? Amazing.

:rolleyes:

Ok then obviously you skipped over the "not meeting expectations" part. Let me go into more detail. In 2000 we were expected to lose to the good teams. In 2006 the Dynasty Pats are expected to defeat the good teams. We have yet to beat one all season, so therefore 2000 has been more satisfying. It can change though, God willing.

Seymour93 said:
Yeah, it's in the Roll Call thread, page 9, go take a look for yourself. Keep in mind I was a grand total of eight years old at the time.

Listen, I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. In a perfect world every single Pats fan would be as loyal, as hardcore as you are, never questioning the team, FO, coaches, or owner. But we're not, so your campaign to purge non-Kool Aid drinkers is getting a bit tedious IMHO. Just remember that there is more than one way to support your team.

So in a perfect world you can't complain? Why don't you just shut the **** up and either latch on to this team or jump ship. No one gives a **** about your injury or place in life. Go take a ******* nap! While the rest of us root on our team.

mgcolby said:
No one gives a **** about your injury or place in life.

First off where did I mention my injury or place in life? You asked me when I became a fan and I told you to look it up because it's unrelated to this thread.

mgcolby said:
So in a perfect world you can't complain? Why don't you just shut the **** up and either latch on to this team or jump ship. Go take a ******* nap! While the rest of us root on our team.

And you wonder why you were accused of being a Nazi sympathizer. :rolleyes:

The only thing I find boring is the predictable freakout reactions here after a bad game.

I wish we had a yawning smilie. Time for me to log off and catch up on some sleep instead of reading about how BB magically became Pete Carroll in a span of two weeks.:rolleyes:

Seymour93 said:
First off where did I mention my injury or place in life? You asked me when I became a fan and I told you to look it up because it's unrelated to this thread.

My bad you are the all knowning man that will influence our life.

And you wonder why you were accused of being a Nazi sympathizer. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes