These ads are killing me....

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

DarrylStingley

Third String But Playing on Special Teams

OK, I get it, the site needs revenue.

But this is PAINFUL. What's next? Pictures of kids in Africa wearing Pats SB 42 Champions shirts?

Synovia

In the Starting Line-Up
try living 10 miles outside of Baltimore.

Their fans are way more outward in their fanship than Pats fans in NE are (or were at the point I moved away - 2008 or so)

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Yeah, but I don't live in Baltimore. Clicking on a Pats site and seeing these ads is sad!

It's not as if ANYONE here is going to buy those hats or shirts....

Can you imagine the doom and gloom in Baltimore if the Ravens lose the SB.

The sign will be changed to say

"Rays retirement party moved to ESPN FIRST TAKE"

old 55

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Talk about stupid advertising - let's market championship gear to the fans of the team that just lost to them in the playoffs.

Wow. Logic like that is usually reserved for the government.

Ian

Administrator
ADMINISTRATOR

OK, I get it, the site needs revenue.

But this is PAINFUL. What's next? Pictures of kids in Africa wearing Pats SB 42 Champions shirts?

Yeah...unfortunately I don't control them but that does rank right up there with the Giants ads that popped on here after last year's SB loss. Wasn't thrilled about that and when I emailed asking them to be taken off I was told that they're national ones that appear on all the "sports related sites."

That's the downside of not having any connections to any local ad agencies in Boston. I've made countless calls to no avail, and haven't had any luck connecting with any local companies. I did remove two spots for "logged in registered members" so it's better than it used to be.

Unfortunately they're necessary - have to pay for the hardware somehow :(

Last edited: