SOURCE:USA TODAY

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Lions
Thu
Aug 8th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Bad Decision
Boomer Esiason has normally been respectful of Brady, but made some poor decisions with his comments last week about the Patriots QB.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Theranos & Elizabeth Holmes

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by everlong, May 23, 2019.

1. everlong

everlong Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +4,485
    Just finished Bad Blood by John Carryrou which details the Silicon Valley startups rise and fall. I bring it up here because she duped the likes of Walgreens, Safeway, Henry Kissinger, George Shultz, Rupert Murdoch, Robert Kraft, the SEC, the FDA, thousands of investors and the worst of all millions of people getting improper results with her devices......but I had to laugh when I heard Robert Kraft was an investor. By all accounts Holmes had the personality of a Jobs coupled with the looks to go with it. I'm looking forward to watching the HBO documentary as well but would recommend the book. She's basically a sociopath with zero empathy for anybody. I think the problem is she's just the one who got caught. There's loads of others who did all the heinous actions she committed to defraud people.

[​IMG]

2. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,863
    I’m out here in Silicon Valley. Her and Elon Musk were the two new CEO genius celebrities, and soon they’ll both have gone down in flames.

Holmes just creeps me out. That fake, coarse voice and and you alluded to, sociopathic personality (she can’t even pretend to have human emotions) gives me the chills.

Just shocking how “due diligence” is always so much less sophisticated than we think.

I believe there needs to reform about companies with investors, and their non-disclosure agreements being subject to review by a governing body (and including a whistle blower exception). I’m libertarian leaning, and even I can get onboard with this. Too many scandals where many people want to do the right thing but are intimidated because of a document they signed, though they had no idea they’d be witnessing fraudulent/criminal activity.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  3. everlong

Ratings:
    +4,485
    Same here. I agree with you that she's just creepy. She reminds me of Pamela Smart back in the day with that cold demeanor.

• Like Like x 1
  4. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +46,897
    That voice was something she did on purpose. She was leaning on psychological research that people tend respect those with deeper voices more.

Science Explains Why Having a Deep Voice Is Critical to Our Success

Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes used a deep baritone voice at almost all times, but former insiders say it was faked

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +1,172
    Wasn't she on 60 Minutes?

I wouldn't put her in the same category of Musk. Musk had some great inventions and then....WTF did he do/say. Whereas, the other just swindled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. everlong

Ratings:
    +4,485
    The whistleblower and reporter who broke the story were. She might have been before things went south but if she was I didn't see it.

7. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19,863
    Time will tell. I think this is tip of the iceberg stuff with Musk and what he’s said/known about Tesla, which appears on the track to collapse. He got a slap on the wrist for something minor, but the real issues are a lot worse. His personal life is also off the rails into addictions, drama, etc.

Non- they aren’t the same, but they were Silicon Valley’s two brightest stars and may both end up exposed as cons. Musk is a great concept developer and salesman. Think people will be shocked about everything else.