PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Tom Brady rumor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think its about contract anymore for brady with NE. he genuinely wants to try and play elsewhere i think

Not necessarily Vrabel’s decision, he’s not the GM.

I do wonder if there are sleeper teams out there that have intentionally tried to stay quiet, like the Colts and the Giants. Giants would allow Brady to market his brand. Colts would be the ultimate FU to Kraft/BB if Brady really is upset with them. Wonder of either of those fan bases would ever truly embrace him though, the way the Bucs, Raiders, and Chargers would (oh, sorry, the Chargers don’t have a fan base....).
Giants and Broncos are dark horses. The NY market for the TB12 brand will interest brady a lot.

Giants and Broncos are dark horses. The NY market for the TB12 brand will interest brady a lot.

Giants have such a crappy team though

if a deal was to be made or intended to be made by both sides, we wouldve heard something by now. From all we have heard from kraft ("i hope he stays") etc it seems that both parties have agreed to at least have brady hit free agency. what happens after i dont think anyone else knows.

if a deal was to be made or intended to be made by both sides, we wouldve heard something by now. From all we have heard from kraft ("i hope he stays") etc it seems that both parties have agreed to at least have brady hit free agency. what happens after i dont think anyone else knows.
I think the writing has been on the wall for quite awhile. I hope that I’m wrong and he stays.

I'm having a hard time seeing Brady returning with the McCourty extension only giving us $19 million on cap space left...unless there are some serious cuts or renegotiations coming.

I'm having a hard time seeing Brady returning with the McCourty extension only giving us $15 million on cap space left...unless there are some serious cuts coming.

I'm having a hard time understanding the money mccourty got if you dont intend to bring brady back.

We couldn't win last year without an offense and not one person in earth is gonna convince me that removing Brady and adding a C tier qb AT BEST and an avg offensive player they find in the scrap line is gonna give us a better offense.

It makes no sense to me

I'm having a hard time understanding the money mccourty got if you dont intend to bring brady back.

We couldn't win last year without an offense and not one person in earth is gonna convince me that removing Brady and adding a C tier qb AT BEST and an avg offensive player they find in the scrap line is gonna give us a better offense.

It makes no sense to me

Seems like Bill is punting on next season only to build stronger team in 2021 and beyond...

Seems like Bill is punting on next season only to build stronger team in 2021 and beyond...

If that's what hes doing then hes half assing the tank.

Theres a qb in next years draft that's gonna change some franchise.

If bill knowingly has no chance at competing legitimately I see no "victory" in grinding a 10 win season when it really only prolongs the rebuild.

My gut tells me he is gone. There’s too many weird things adding up.

I believe I’ve moved into “Don’t give a &@$& Anymore” category.

My evolved take is watching him play for another team would be cool since it will show his true greatness being challenged by that new team , coach, ... Can you imagine if he goes off and lights it up?

The conclusion would be that he was in a stale environment here which showed last year and the new challenge served to recharge his game. Along with new players.

If he comes back to pats. Thats just another good outcome of staying with the team but maybe the process will give him a recharge also. He needs it either way.

If he goes, he goes. It'd be a shame and I'd be sorry to see him go, especially as I genuinely feel he'd be losing out on the chance of another ring.

But, life goes on and the Patriots will move on, just don't drag it out.

Everyone notice that Kraft made a statement a while back that he would not intercede in the Brady and BB contract negotiations?

Basically, covering his axx so nobody can blame Bobby if it all goes south and Brady bolts for greener pastures.

Everyone notice that Kraft made a statement a while back that he would not intercede in the Brady and BB contract negotiations?

Basically, covering his axx so nobody can blame Bobby if it all goes south and Brady bolts for greener pastures.[/QUOTE
I think he did that to show BB is in charge after the ESPN article that says it forced BB to trade Jimmy G and I believe it.
I bet after that Bill and Bob sat down and Bill said don’t tell me what to do personal wise again.

If Brady leaves its all on BB.

Bernie Kosar 2.0

If the game day threads are to be believed, do does NE !

This already feels like a gameday thread.

Brady: "Nobody knows anything."
Patsfans posters: "See! He's already made up his mind to leave!"

Kraft knows which side to butter his toast.

To me, its very telling because I believe that Kraft knows that Brady is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes