The Silver Lining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainefan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I thought Hanson looked pretty good.

I thought Hanson looked pretty good.

For a terrible team performance there were more stand out players than Hanson (even though he was quite good.) Gostkowski, Mayo, Ventrone, Crable all looked pretty good. I was really happy that Mayo and Crable continued to play consistently well since depth at linebacker is always an issue.

With all the guys we've had miss TC I thought this was a good excerpt, Randy Moss missed most of TC last year as well.

Here's the real silver lining:
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2008/08/the-national-football-post-diner-news-3/

10. FROM THE PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE REVIEW… Paul Kariya is Troy Polamalu’s surfing buddy, and the NHL star told the Steelers strong safety something that is particularly relevant this year. “He says whenever he’s missed (training) camp before, I think two or three times maybe, he’s always had the best seasons of his career,” Polamalu said. The Steelers will be elated if the same holds true for Polamalu. The four-time Pro Bowler missed training camp because of a pulled hamstring, but he is scheduled to practice Tuesday at the Steelers’ South Side facility. He could play Saturday when the Steelers visit the Minnesota Vikings for an 8 p.m. game.

****Everyone focuses on safety Bob Sanders of the Colts as having a huge impact in the defense. But I don’t think there is a single player in the league that impacts his team’s defense more than Troy. As much as I love the Steelers’ defense, they are not the same without Polamalu. He sets the tempo for the team and his presence and ability to attack the pocket as a blitzer makes it very difficult for offensive coordinators as they build their game plans. His range is so impressive that even if you have him accounted for in the scheme, he can still find a way to make plays. When he is on the field, all the other Steeler defenders are much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes