SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

The Protests - and ?????

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by scout, May 29, 2020.

1. XLIX

XLIX Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +14,813
    Bull. I don’t believe either a military person or a cop could vet a wanna-be on an internet forum. The thing about wanna-bees is they usually know all the vernacular, slang and terminology so it would be easy to fake it.

Just look at how many cases of stolen valor there are in the country. Scores of guys passing themselves off as servicemen (and usually highly decorated ones at that). They get outed when someone actually investigates their service record (or lack thereof), not because of some foolproof 10-second vetting process which exists only in your mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. XLIX

Ratings:
    +14,813
    The key difference between Brees and Kaepernick is that one of them is actually a talented NFL quarterback...

BTW, whatever happened to freedom of speech? Or does that freedom only extend to people espousing a hatred of America?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ViperGTS

ViperGTS Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +9,093
    It is the very beginnings of a cultural revolution. Nothing good comes from those and no opinions other than those that are in line with group think are allowed. It usually ends very badly as well for those with differing opinions. Very badly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,399
    You just outed yourself now. You never served in the military. That much I know.

I'm a Vet. Any other Vets want to see if I'm lying or not or and civilians want try and fake it with me? Go for it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  5. JayNM

JayNM In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,007
    1 - How would you call it? I dont mean offense, i put in quotes cause i didnt want to write "Polices Institutions arent sistematically racist". Its not the point tho

2 - Give me funding.

6. lancerman

lancerman In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,463
    I’m not disagreeing with you. It’s a system that protects bad cops even if they are the minority

7. Brewskies

Brewskies PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,178

Al Sharpton didn't have 53 players on his team and didn't play NFL violent football. Al Sharpton wasn't a part of a team made up mostly of whites, as Brees is with blacks, playing against 30 teams mostly made of whites, Brees has primarily blacks. Freedom of Speech has consequences.

It doesn't matter anymore; Brees realized he damaged he did to himself, the Saints, and the NFL with his comments and did an acceptable retraction this morning even though he was lying with his statement. Football is a violent sport, and Brees had put his body on the line along with many dropped passes.

Freedom of speech was the kneeling blacks showing cause to the problem. Bigoted Trump made it about the flag, not the blacks or whites, not owners or players, and not the fans. Can't have it both ways. You didn't hear anything about the flag until flabber jaw opened his mouth to start a rebellion between players and owners over the fact that the owners wouldn't let him, Trump, be an owner.

If you are smart, then you know that Freedom of Speech means with caution and knowing the consequences and requires the ability to understand these two essential parts of freedom of speech.

You, my friend, would be in serious trouble as a white person, in a prison yard of all black people, screaming, "I hate Blacks" all for the cause of "Freedom of Speech."

You must be very young. Have a nice day.

• Maybe Not... Maybe Not... x 1
  8. pheenix11

pheenix11 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,207
    Brees is a wuss.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. ivanvamp

ivanvamp In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,933
    I'm not defending anything. I'm stating facts challenging the narrative that the police are disproportionately targeting blacks to abuse them and kill them.

Does that mean I don't think changes are needed? OMG of course there are many needed changes. For example, that police and politicians protect each other even when they know that wrongdoing occurs...is a massive problem. Lots of the outcry is about the fact that often times police who brutalize black citizens *get away with it*. It's justice if they do it and then end up in prison for the rest of their lives. It's not justice if they do it and get away with it.

Funding? LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  10. XLIX

Ratings:
    +14,813
    You’re making a fool of yourself and proving the point I was making.

I served in the U.S. Navy, so your service-detector-radar failed its very first test. Of course, there really isn’t anything I could say about my experience that someone couldn’t fake by reading a Tom Clancy novel. (Although Tom Clancy novels don’t include all the mundane tasks I had to do such as changing the packing on globe valves, so maybe it wouldn’t be so easy after all....)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brewskies

Ratings:
    +2,178

12. Brewskies

Ratings:
    +2,178

You accept what you call facts without any verification. These number fit your agenda so you like them.

13. Brewskies

Ratings:
    +2,178

Brees woke up this morning and realized what a stupid statement he said considering the job he has.

Will you wake up?

14. amfootball

amfootball Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +821
    LOL. Aaron Rodgers made sure to pile on.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. iapatsfan

iapatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,714
    Are you being serious or just intentionally dense? The only reason you would ask that question is if you're unwilling to acknowledge the violent crime rate in the black community. If you commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime, you are are going to have a disproportionate rate of violent interactions with police. However, even then the numbers aren't disproportionate to the disadvantage of black Americans.

I have done this twice in this thread, but I will do it again...it answers your question in black and white.

Most recent numbers I was able to find for both sets of stats (2016)

--Violent Crime Arrests--
    Black or African American - 153,341
    White - 241,063

--Killed by Police--
    Black or African American - 234
    White - 465

--Killed by Police as a Percentage of Violent Crime--
    Black or African American - .15%
    White - .19%

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. ViperGTS

ViperGTS Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +9,093
    Brees just capitulated. Bad bad sign. They will come for everyone with differing opinions before long.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. iapatsfan

Ratings:
    +1,714
    Their's no rationalization necessary. This is the goal of angry mobs...to get people to ignore facts and fall in line.

Let me ask you an honest question..how many unjustified killings of black citizens by police officers were there last year? Do you know? If you don't know, how have you chosen a side on the topic? How do you know where you stand? How many of these athletes who want to race to the moral high ground of the day have any idea? A frenzy in America is taking place because of a media and politician driven myth.

If I present facts (rates of violent crime by race vs rate at which black and white citizens are killed by police), which I've done multiple times in thread, and you don't present anything but the quotes of other imbeciles, you are the one spinning. You are spinning because you want to believe something is true so badly that you are willing to ignore the truth right in front of you. The is exactly the reason I compare people believing in this issue to children believing in Santa Clause. All evidence points to him not existing, but they want to believe it so bad they make themselves deny reality. It's cute when they're children, but unless you're a child, you, Lebron, Ed Reed, the McCourtys, etc. simply come off like bigoted morons.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. JayNM

JayNM In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,007
    So let me be make sure I know what Im talking about. You're talking about Brees stating that kneeling was an afront to the army and to the flag, is that it?

19. FirstAndGoal

FirstAndGoal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,399
    Un huh... no technical information not in a book... no school identifiers, ship specifics, nothing that can't be read in a novel. No chain of command you served under... try me. I'll give you a ****-load of info to any question you and look up about my MOS or service as quickly as you ask.

I left an E5 as an 11B just to give you the playing field where I can answer easily. I was also qualified as an 11H - a MOS no longer given. Want to ask me something about it you can look up? I'll guarantee I respond as quickly as you ask it. Ask me about anything and I'll there's a lot not in a Tom Clancy book.

Sample topics you can ask but
    1) Where I did my basic or AIT and what class and drill instructors. How I got from the processing station to Sand Hill
    2) Commanding officers, my Tops, my CSMs, brigades, battalion, regiments, companies, platoons, squads.
    3) Theaters of operation/deployments/training
    4) Where I did BNOC, PLDC or just ask what schools I attended
    5) PT requirements when I was in
    6) Point system for promotion
    7) How many times you can get a retry on an EIB test.
    8) How about how long you get to don your protective gear.
    9) questions about M2s, SAWS, M60, M16A1 through A3. How about the riffling of the barrel?
    10) Old armor weak spots. TOWs, Dragons. The effective ranges. How many degree difference can the thermal sight for the TOW detect. Range for the various loads. Where the safety is located on it..

There are so many things you could trip me up on and any grunt here would know I was a poser or could verify and I've been out a very long time... you don't forget.

Now, you might get one by me with the Navy. I'm not saying you are but my neighbor was a bubblehead XO and I'm sure he could figure it out.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  20. iapatsfan

Ratings:
    +1,714
    Please stop