PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats will go 19-0 this year if healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this thread, but it's soooo tough to pull that off.

Even if you suppose that they have a 90% chance to win each individual game, that means over the course of the season there's only a 13% chance they go undefeated.

Yep, they would need to average a 96.5% predicted win rate for the year to make 19-0 more probable than not. Ehh..sounds about right:D

Does anyone know the last team to rank #1 in PPG & PPG against in the regular season? I have no idea.

Win the Division.
Be competitive in the Playoffs.
Have a few calls go their way and get a lucky bounce or two.
Win the game played on the first Sunday of February.
That's enough for me.

Sigh... wonder what the weather is like in Minneapolis in February...

I don't think it will happen, but I wish it would so that those crusty old Dolphins can cry in their champagne and never be heard from again.

Even if you suppose that they have a 90% chance to win each individual game, that means over the course of the season there's only a 13% chance they go undefeated.

Yep, they would need to average a 96.5% predicted win rate for the year to make 19-0 more probable than not. Ehh..sounds about right:D

YES!!!

Even a poor pre-"digital" humanities guy like me knows that.

The OP makes a very reasonable point. I actually like this team better than the 2007 one as well.

I've not read the OP, does anyone know if that means I'm safe from the jinx of it? I've read the title though, which has left me worried, in fear and if I'm totally honest, rather anxious.

Could someone clarify the jinx situation fo me please

If you give the Patriots a 75% chance of winning every game then they have 0.4% chance of going undefeated.

So really the chances of the Patriots going undefeated is probably better than the chances of them coming back in Super Bowl LI.:cool:

And on the other hand. If the Pats move the ball 1 more yard the Seattle game goes to overtime. And if they had a QB with a non-busted throwing hand they win the Bills game; let alone if Brady is not suspended.

Really given all the time wasted on getting JG ready its more probable than not that if Brady is not suspended the Pats go 19-0 last year.

And if the Patriots don't lose half the offense in 2015 they had a legit shot at 19-0 then.

And the Pats are a better, more experienced, deeper team this year.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a happy Christmas. Even me and I'm Jewish.

Sure fine 19-0 thread, I'm down, let's just contain it in this thread if we can... this is our version of the JEST off-season Super Bowl threads. We're just so spoiled that hoping for the third out of four SBs, as a nice bookend to the beginning of the run, isn't enough.

All else being equal it's about a 1 in 1,000 chance that you ever repeat as a SB winner.

(Of course, all things are not equal, but the league is structurally more equal than ever before (by design) to overcome the unequal distribution of talent - not just black swans on-field like Brady, but the colossus who stands astride the league in his cut-off hoodie.)

But noooooo, overcoming 1,000-to-1 odds, we've done that before, no big whoop. Now we need a perfect 19- (or even 20-)game season.... just because we came so close once.

Yeah I'd love Mercury Morris to shut his yap forever, but that's coming anyway. I'd love for him to live to see his dumb-ass "accomplishment of a lifetime" brought to ground.

But our real big shot at that was 2007. If it happens it happens, great. But that's a one in 15 year occurrence by the standards of the finest franchise ever to play in the National Football League.

I'll hop on this bandwagon sometime in late December.

Now imagine all the sleep you won't get the two weeks between the CG and SB.
15watub.jpg

Nope. Don't care. Just want to get home field for playoffs.

Bad luck. bad Karma. Bad mojo. Bad juju. All condensed into this black hole of post badness.

Be gone!

Now we need a perfect 19- (or even 20-)game season.... just because we came so close once.

20-0 would be fascinating. Imagine being the #3 seed because two other AFC division winners not on the Pats' schedule went undefeated and won tiebreakers.

Let's do this!

Regards,
Chris

Losing is good sometimes, just look at the Jest, if it wasn't good they would win more right... right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back