PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The OL Is NOT The Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Brady had more time to throw than he has had all year. And that is with Roberts at FB, and Watson/LeCosse at TE. And the problem isn't the running game.
===============
The offense simply hasn't had enough time together. HOU put a top corner on our #2 receiver (White) and doubled our #1 (Edelman). HOU dared Brady to throw to anyone else; all were covered one-on-one all night.

OL was good overall. Even Ferentz seemed to do just fine despite being thrown suddenly into action.

It’s really plain as day. No threat at TE means White is getting covered by faster DBs, and obviously WR is a huge issue.

Nope, O Line did pretty well. Cannon got beat several times and Karras’ injury has me nervous going forward, but the receivers got no separation today.

He’s getting mentioned in every single thread. We get it, people want him back. It’s taken over this board. Its unclear if he’d even be able to play this year if we signed him tomorrow. The content is largely venting about Kraft and making stupid * jokes. None of this is productive or fun to read. Continually bringing up AB is lame, boring, and drastically decreases the quality of this otherwise superb forum.

The OL Is NOT The Problem

rofl.gif

The OL, which has been, and is still, an obvious problem, is not the problem.

rofl.gif

Last edited:
What happened on that play where Brady threw it clear into the end zone and nobody was there? That had to be a misread by a receiver.

I'm curious how many snaps N'Keal Harry had out there.

This was an all around loss by coaches and offense and defense that were all sick AF. Let's hope none of the injuries was too serious. This will be one of those growing games we showed grit and toughness and never stopped fighting. I love Bolden, Dobson, Dorsett, Edelman, Watson, and the other pieces in the TE game is stepping up a bit. Our pieces are slowly coming together. Tonight was just a crappy night.

We will improve now. Mark my words. You don't want to play us next week. The Chiefs are going down. Then we are on to Cincinati, LOLphins, and Bills at home.

Brady's 3.25 seconds per pass, tonight, is the most time he's had to pass all season.

With Wynn back the OLine is OK. Could be good.

Need to RUN the ball more. Stop abandoning the run for no reason Josh.

Missing develin and gronk in the run game

HOU put a top corner on our #2 receiver (White) and doubled our #1 (Edelman). HOU dared Brady to throw to anyone else; all were covered one-on-one all night.
O’Brien and Crennel may have used this approach quite often, but it’s not like they were coming up with some type of blueprint. We’ve seen Edelman and White as the top 2 offensive options plenty of times before, and they’ve gameplanned and practiced against this very thing. The issue is that the other WRs can’t seem to win their one-on-one matchups. Dorsett and Sanu can’t create separation and Meyers and Harry are lacking in system knowledge and experience.

I’d love to know the real story about their interest in Sanders, but they were either wrong about their talent assessment or lowballed the trade/contractual offer; the latter of which seemed to happen a lot this year in terms of trying to acquire talent.

The OL was better, but still not very good. Cannon was a turnstile tonight.

I think mediocre OL play combined with receivers who can’t get separation other then Edelman and a poor TE group leads to bad offensive football.

Josh McD: "Our run game is going well. Our OLine is playing great. It is 4th and half a yard. Hold my beer."

The offense needs to play better. But I just don't think they have the personnel to do it. But Eric Bedard made a good point. Maybe it's time Belichick becomes more involved with the offense. Not saying he should call the plays. But a fresh set of eyes would be good.

Otherwise, what do we do? A.B. is going to be suspended. And even if he weren't, there's no way Kraft would bring him back. The trade deadline has long passed.

Last edited:
OL is mediocre this year and WR's can't get open. Jules is double teamed constantly. TE is a trainwreck.

I think this sums it up for me...

That team had Gronk, Develin, Trent Brown, David Andrews. None of em are walking through the door. This team severely lacks talent on offense. Talk about the flu all you’d want but reports all week were that it hit the defense, not offense.

Three months ago Andrews was IR'ed, and then Develin, Wynn's got injured, and Harry, then Gost; burnt bridges with Thomas, lost AB, Flash, Bennett's gone, and those minor OL & TE injuries...

That filthy, pungent stench of 2015 was up in the air much earlier, but we ignored it and cheered on...

d2adabfb2f0248beb947c543493b1207.1000x1000x1.jpg

That filthy, pungent stench of 2015 was up in the air much earlier, but we ignored it and cheered on...

d2adabfb2f0248beb947c543493b1207.1000x1000x1.jpg
We cheered on because people were comparing the current defense to the ‘85 Bears. The running game sucked all year and the passing offense has not looked good in a solid 4-6 week stretch, maybe longer.

Josh McD: "Our run game is going well. Our OLine is playing great. It is 4th and half a yard. Hold my beer."

The weekly reminder that Brady gets a a run and a pass play and has the authority to switch to either depending on the defensive look. Brady decided against a sneak (most probably because there has not been not enough experience with Ferentz) and against a run given the defense.

Can't blame McDaniels any more than Brady for going with a pass.

Oline has a good game. Wrs just could not get open if there was just a lot of miscommunication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back