SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

The official young Boston sports fan "sucks" thread

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Lifer, Dec 16, 2007.

1. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    On behalf of my self (25 year old).....**** you.

2. FSUPatsFan

FSUPatsFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1
    ---
    As a 21 year old Boston sports fan, I am somewhat offended by that. I can turn the tables on older fans and say that they went so long without the Red Sox winning the world series that they are forever pessimistic about everything.

I for one am grateful to be a Boston sports fan at a time where no city has ever experienced what Boston sports fans are experiencing now. I started watching sports at a very early age, so my first decade of being a Boston sports fan (Ages 5-15), was full of dissappointment, so its not as if I don't know what its like to be disappointed. During my first decade as a sports fan, the Patriots went to and lost one superbowl, the Red Sox made the Playoffs twice, and the Celtics suffered through the Patino era. At least you older sports fans were able to experience the Bird era and the Impossible dream season as well as the '75 season. So, its unfair to stereotype the younger generation and call us spoiled and ungrateful.

3. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +32,485
    ---
    I agree...I was there today and if it wasn't for the youth we'd have been sorely lacking in the noise department. In my opinion it's not an age thing at all...it's the cubicle dweeb "it's all about stats!!!" guys that are NEVER satisfied with anything and ALWAYS find fault no matter what happens. This team is FOURTEEN AND OH. They just won a VERY VERY challenging game under extreme conditions. Believe it or not, this is a GOOD thing.

Now tomorrow, the stats monsters will be back out in force drawing all kinds of "genius" conclusions from this game today.By mid week you'll think we lost this game by thirty points and the season is lost.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  4. LurkingLinebacker

LurkingLinebacker Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +1
    ---

On The Big Show a couple of weeks ago (following the Baltimore game), someone actually called in and said something along the lines* of "we suck... blah blah blah." After rambling on, eventually he misspoke and said something along the lines* of "the defense lost these past two games for us"

I dont know how old the caller was, but it does demonstrate how some people have rethought winning based on statistical measures.

Not saying that stats don't matter, or that it's just limited to our fanbase....but before this season, people used stats to compare Brady and Manning in determining who's better.

* very loosely quoted statements follow

5. BradyManny

BradyManny Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,973
    ---
    I'm between 24-26, too, and I'm nothing like that. Matter of fact, I'd say me and my friends aren't like that at all, I don't know anyone my age who whines like you're talking about.

6. RayClay

RayClay Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +11,776
    ---
    When I first started watching i was a tyke and I thought the Pats were great. Larry Garron, fantastic D-Line, Babe, Gino.

Then they got crushed by San Diego. Then they sucked about as much as you could during the Clive Rush years, but they were always entertaining.

It's all gravy now boys, lap it up while you can.

7. RayClay

RayClay Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +11,776
    ---
    u mean the phantasy phootball?:D

8. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +29
    ---
    AWESOME point, Joker. And i think the fantasy football thing has contributed to it. Wins are what counts, not looking good, or piling up numbers. Nothing irritates me as a football fan more than hearing people more interested in their fantasy leagues than in real life football.

Hey, when i was 7 i pretended to be an astronaut, but the real flight that was going to the moon was a little more important. ;)

9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,451
    ---
    Gotta admit, I love dumping on the 20 somethings.
    One last pleasure for geezers.

10. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2
    ---
    Whew. I'm 28 so I'm ok.

Funny, when I listen to WEEI there are a lot of people 30+ calling in. And no WEEI caller ever makes this fan base look good.

I agree that you can just as easily say that the old folks make us look bad with their pessimism.

No, his was a horrible point. He turned his negative attention onto another group for no other reason than the fact that they're different (and probably intimidate him because they're smarter than he is). I was going to let his worthless point go until you felt the need to agree.

11. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +29
    ---
    let me guess, you work in a cubicle, and you are in a fantasy league. :)

12. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2
    ---
    I do work in a cubicle but I've never done fantasy sports. I'd never fault someone who does though. I hate it when people get into "my hobby is better than yours."