PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Who Loves Vrabs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The guy who seems to be unrecongnized under appreciated, on this board, is Mike Vrable.

He has adjusted to the ILB position and is one of the main reasons the the defense has improved.

So, lets give it up for Vrabs and show him some love.:)

One of my favorite Vrabes stories is the Superbowl against Carolina, when Carolina went up on us late, Vrabel got in the huddle and said to Tom Brady "Holla at your boy." Of course, he caught the TD pass.

I just love that.

Vrabel

He has made a very good transition inside.

He is always around the ball and he is old school.

He and Tedy make perfect ILB's.

I'll admit that preseason, I was in the 'adamantly opposed to moving Vrabel inside' camp. And like countless times in the past, BB proves me wrong. He's looking good inside, and Rosie is looking like a monster in his old spot.

Playbook is on now on NFL network and the preview shows love for Vrabes.

I've said this a dozen times - go back and look at all the big defensive plays - and more than a few offensive plays - that have been pivitol moments in the Patriots SB run

More often than not, you'll see that Vrabel was the one who made the difference - from rushing the QB to cause the interception to stepping in as a goal line TE to make a TD catch

The Patriots would make a killing with a Mike Vrabel highlight film (just as they would with a Troy Brown DVD)

Pitt must be black and blue from kicking themselves!

I love Vrabs...just as I loved TJ. God bless the strong side ILB's.

honestly, Vrabel is my favorite player on the Pats, which makes him my favorite player. His is the only jersey I own, and I was extremely happy when he got an extension in the offseason.

I'm pretty sure BB refers to him as one of, if not the smartest player he has ever coached.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I'll admit that preseason, I was in the 'adamantly opposed to moving Vrabel inside' camp. And like countless times in the past, BB proves me wrong. He's looking good inside, and Rosie is looking like a monster in his old spot.

Me too. But then we didn't have Bruschi. Bruschi replaces TJ and is much more versatile. Vrabes then replaces Phifer, not much of a leap.

Except for Brady, Vrabel is our pro bowler. And Patrick Pass, of course. :D

Bella*chick said:
One of my favorite Vrabes stories is the Superbowl against Carolina, when Carolina went up on us late, Vrabel got in the huddle and said to Tom Brady "Holla at your boy." Of course, he caught the TD pass.

I just love that.

thas great he's a big part of this Defense

Hate to say typical Patriot, but he has all the characteristics that this team thrives on intelligent, focused, great athlete who loves football, high character and during the game no one is better.

GJAJ15 said:
Hate to say typical Patriot, but he has all the characteristics that this team thrives on intelligent, focused, great athlete who loves football, high character and during the game no one is better.

maybe bruschi

Love Vrabes.

He's the textbook definition of a *FOOTBALL PLAYER*- he does it all.

would it be fair to say he's a bitof a patriots legend?

Definitely.

Three-time SB champion who has authored some huge plays in the team's winning history- the hit on Warner that resulted in Ty Law's INT return for the TD in SB XXXVI, TD catches in SB XXXVIII and SB XXXIX. Strip-sack of Jake Delhomme that resulted in the first points in SB XXXVIII, and that's just off the top of my head.

The guy is the living embodiment of what Patriots fans treasure: skill, hard-work and clutch performance.

Vrabel has done it since Day 1.

Harrison37 said:
Definitely.

Three-time SB champion who has authored some huge plays in the team's winning history- the hit on Warner that resulted in Ty Law's INT return for the TD in SB XXXVI, TD catches in SB XXXVIII and SB XXXIX. Strip-sack of Jake Delhomme that resulted in the first points in SB XXXVIII, and that's just off the top of my head.

The guy is the living embodiment of what Patriots fans treasure: skill, hard-work and clutch performance.

Vrabel has done it since Day 1.

:eek: so he's a bit of a playmaker then :rocker:

I'm looking forward to him putting a hit on Peyton in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes