PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread The Official Preseason Week 1 Game That I’ll Turn Off After the Starters Are Pulled Game Thread

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The opposite of screwing up the tie!

JC Jackson looked decent tonight when he was out there, but obviously he’s a lot better as a 2 than a 1. And more importantly, no one is impressing as a potential 2 alternative.
JC is fine, but I’ve got a lot of questions after that. Jones is good as the slot guy, and I like Bryant as a developmental guy but he’s small too. Don’t know.

Holy crap, that's what you call a BAD BEAT for anyone with Washington or the Under.

Holy smokes

23-0 is still on the menu.

Last edited:
Lots of impressive things on that run, but what I liked the best was the burst at the end of the run.

Dan O'Brien can shove that cheesy ass commercial up his ass. I'm not buying a Killed In Action KIA evah.

That’s not what he said.
Some days, a team may have interest; the next day, they may not; and the day, they might have interest (again). So it’s a little different than you can ever imagine. It’s a lot of worrying what’s going to be next and where you’re going to be at next.”

Hoyer back in for 2nd series...thought BB might stick Mac back in...you know...to see how he reacts to adversity...gar gar gar gar
If Belichick really wanted to see how Mac reacts to adversity, he'd put him in at wide receiver when Cam's the quarterback.

Is it just me or does Jones not have any zip on his throws? NFL DBs will break up or pick off some of these passes if this is as hard as he can throw.

Fast release though.
His arm strength isn't why he is here. He's no noodle arm though. He's a natural passer. When people were covered at Bama, he could throw them open with touch and placement. Mac seems as advertised. Go check his senior bowl tape, it's insane he fell to us. That kid from BYU is going to be eaten alive.

Mac can run the 2-minute offense. Looked very comfortable in the hurry up to start the 3rd, not many NFL qb's can handle this. Cam is an example.

RB:
Cut Bolden, see if you can get a swap of late picks or something for Sony. Keep JJ of the PS, Stevenson's extra gear around midfield on that 90 yarder is exactly the burst Sony has never had. Known for vicious pass pro, plays ST iirc too.

To those poo-pooing the talks of sending White elsewhere, it isn't as crazy as it sounds. He probably brings more (to the right team with the right injury) trade value than Sony. White is basically useless with Cam under center. Be real. It's 50/50 that cam gets a damn screen/swing pass delivered catchable, nevermind on target/on time. And too Mac, who's never played with him before - he's a beyond his prime pass catching rb. Further, the HC has a penchant for being a year too early, rather than a year too late when moving on from vets.

I'm not saying I'd plunk any money down on BB/McDickhead moving on from White, but it wouldn't be insane if they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes