PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is SO true. I just did a bit of poking around, and sure enough, fans and media have love Cincy's picks every year because they pick the players the fans and media would have picked.

The rumor was for years was that Cincy's scouting really consisted of Pro Football Weekly's draft guru's (I forgot his name, but he died a few years back) draft preview publication.

Looks like ...Gore did have it....but so do Sergio Kindle and look at him....its not a guarantee to work...

At the end of the day the pats gave up to GB their 2nd rounder for a 3, two 6s and two 7s. I think we win.

Only one sixth (in the final haul):

Patriots trade: Second-round pick (62)
Patriots acquire: Third-round pick (90), sixth-round pick (197), seventh-round pick (224) and seventh-round pick (235)

Last edited:
Can we go all St Louis Rams : 3 from Vontaze Burfict, Janzen Jackson, Alfonso Dennard, Cliff Harris, Donte Paige-moss

Just for fun.

The rumor was for years was that Cincy's scouting really consisted of Pro Football Weekly's draft guru's (I forgot his name, but he died a few years back) draft preview publication.

Joel buschbaum

Colston had it last year. And he's had micro fracture surgery on both knees.

Joel buschbaum

Thanks. I couldn't remember his name for some reason. Buschbaum was one of the best at what he did, but media guys don't have all the information a team with a good scouting department has.

BTW, Belichick tried to hire him for the Pats' scouting department.

Last edited:
would u spend a 6 or 7 on him?

Depends on the severity. Other players have had it evidently. But most are already under contract so they can only hope the doctor does a good job. Looking at Kindle they can probably honestly not want any part of it whatsoever.

I bet...BB ...picks ...a RB with one of the remaining picks...

Thanks. I couldn't remember his name for some reason. Buschbaum was one of the best at what he did, but media guys don't have all the information a team with a good scouting department has.

Buschbaum was THE best. He revolutionized the 3rd party scouting industry. Many teams used to get information from him and put it against the information they got from the two scouting agencies as well..

BB tried to hire him when BB went to Cleveland and then, again, when BB took over the Pats. Buschbaum refused because he was a lifelong Giants fan. BB and Buschbaum were very close friends.

Didn't Kindle take a header down a flight of stairs as well?

Due to narcolepsy. The poor guy had one of the longest, strangest lists of red flags in draft history.

Whats the verdict on chase minnifield ? Thought he was 3rd talent at worst... a steal by now ?

A Virginia CB with major injury issues. I'd be having flashbacks to Ras I. But this late an injury risk would be fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes