SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Jets
Mon
Oct 21st
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Stellar Performance
Another strong performance by the defense leads to points and played a key role as the Patriots improved to 6-0 Thursday night.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

The official Nadya-Brave thread.

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by nabwong, Jan 4, 2013.

1. SVN

SVN PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +15,013
    ---
    Everything will be alright.God bless you and your family.

2. nabwong

nabwong Vice President of Boycott NFL Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,600
    ---
    Today was a rough day for us. The doctor in attendance this afternoon decided that after just 1 day, Nadya's ready to be transferred out of the CICU and into the regular CCU. They also tried to cut off her morphine and only give her Tylenol and Oxycodone orally.

Well, for the whole day, she was whimpering even in her sleep. Eventually they had to return to morphine but at a lower dosage and longer intervals. Only in the last 2 hours, has she been able to settle down. Because of her pain, she has hardly fed and will probably need IV fluids.

The tough part is she still needs morphine but morphine makes her constipated and she had trouble pooping. But she eventually pooped 2 hours ago.. a lot. So that plus a little morphine, she's been relatively ok. They worst part is that there's nothing I can do about it. Here's praying for a better tomorrow.

3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +4,784
    ---
    It must be so hard for you to see her in some pain. You love her so much, I'm sure she feels that. Hang in there guy.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  4. patfanken

patfanken PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +21,991
    ---
    I'm a quadruple by-pass survivor of open heart surgery They did some spectacular stuff then. I was out of the hospital in 5 days, and that was over 4 years ago. By now they are likely even better. That's have fast improvements in techniques come.

You are in all of our thoughts. Hang in there. Remember years from now, she isn't going to remember any of the pain she's going through now, and while you will always remember the worry, it too will pass.

5. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,142
    ---
    Nabwong - You can do the most important thing and that is to love her. Hold her hand. let her know she's not alone. My wife and I will continue to keep you and yours in our prayer.s

6. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly NFL Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +22,960
    ---
    Many great words of wisdom from all of our forum members tonight. Not only words of encouragement, but also those who have shared their own experiences too.

My family will certainly keep you in our prayers, and I am sure that we will be hearing a lot of positive news tomorrow and Monday.

7. 37Harrison

37Harrison 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +384
    ---
    Prayers go out to you and your daughter. I am certain she will be in the best hands possible and come through this surgery better than when she went in.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,833
    ---

Yeah when a child is in pain you want to transfer it to yourself instead of watching them suffer, :( it is terrible to have to watch them hurting, sounds like things are getting a bit better though since they are able to lower the dosage.

Hope her recovery speeds up so you and your wife can get her home soon where she belongs.

Continued prayers for her and your family.

9. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +341
    ---
    i pray she is no more pain in jesus name i also pray that god keeps you strong i know its hard to see your kids in any kind of pain

10. nabwong

Ratings:
    +12,600
    ---
    Code Red.

At 4am est, Nadya's heart rate dropped to 40 (from 140). The nurses had just given her a dose of medicine. My wife was attempting to feed her when suddenly a whole team of nurses barged in and started performing CPR on her. She had stopped breathing and they managed to resuscitate her after about 4 mins.

Now she's back in the CICU. Breathing tube is back in. Doing ultrasound and x-ray. Trying to put back central and arterial lines unsuccessfully but will continue to try. They sucked out mucus from the lungs. Might be a lung infection. On antibiotics.

Please God, enlighten me with your absolute wisdom.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357469430.656822.jpg

11. dprats2

dprats2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48
    ---
    Rough day, but hang in there! You have her in the best care in the world. The support from the other hundred board members echos mine. Our entire family sends you our best wishes and prayers. Just love her with all of your heart... it'll give her strength.

12. dprats2

dprats2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48
    ---
    Just saw your update. Dear God, It's got to be terrifying, but hang tough. Mine went through NICU and we sat with many others who felt equally helpless in each of our situations. (She's now 6- and the reason I'm up this morning) Trust the doc's will do their best and keep positive, even though it must seem impossible this morning. Prayers and best wishes!!!!!!

13. ausbacker

ausbacker TB12 PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,288
    ---
    Best wishes to your little girl and family nabwong.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  14. nabwong

Ratings:
    +12,600
    ---
    Couldn't get the lines in but docs say that she's not producing any more acid and they'll work on sucking out mucus from her lungs. She's conscious now but almost paralyzed from the meds. She falling asleep from sheer exhaustion. Breathing tube will be in at least 12hrs if not more. Physical response is normal so risk of brain damage is negligible. The blame apparently goes to respiratory and not the heart which is good news. They'll just be monitoring her fluids and put her back on IV fluids.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357473519.733658.jpg

15. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +4,784
    ---
    Football just took a back seat form me. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and especially with Nadya.

16. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5,609
    ---
    As a parent, you have my greatest sympathy. Seeing my child suffer even slightly is one of the hardest things for me, and I deal with this kind of situation or worse daily. As a physician, your daughter is doing fine. This is just a matter of rushing things a bit too fast. The pain will subside, and quickly, and she will bounce back.

I always tell the families of patients having surgies of this magnitude not to expect a linear course. It's a bit like "climbing the mountain". There are usually a few steps back. This one, while distressing, should not slow down Nadya's recovery. But as a father, I would probably be going beserk in your place.

17. nabwong

Ratings:
    +12,600
    ---
    Thanks all. She's feeling much better. There's a tube to bring gas out from her stomach. They got a line in finally. She needs sleep and so do we. Waiting for cultures to be analyzed. It's ironic but I'm kinda glad to be back in the CICU. The nurses here are on a different level than the CCU, no offense to them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357479043.165031.jpg

18. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,457
    ---
    In my infant hospital experience, I've found them to be resilient little buggers.
    In my prayers for continued recovery.

19. Warren1985

Warren1985 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0
    ---
    I Hope all works out for you and your Family.

Prayers coming from me that's for sure

20. shmessy

shmessy . PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25,340
    ---
    In bed with stomach flu this morning and putting every ounce of energy into sending prayers and positive light to dear Nadya. She's going to be a fighter, d%#*[email protected] We're all with you, Nab.