PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official B!tch about the secondary/pass coverage thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. Boyer teaches what bb teaches him to teach. There is no grounds for firing him. Only thing to do is for Kraft/bb to hire a seasoned defensive assistant that has a fresh perspective (and listen to him)
We had Dom Capers a couple of years ago, a man who is widely acknowledged to be one of the best defensive coaches in the game. But he wasn't named DC and I really don't know what his role was on the staff. My guess is that either BB's system is so unique that other well-established coaches do not want to work in it, or BB's ego prevents him from turning over responsibility to someone who actually has a mind of his own. But these are just guesses - does anyone have any real information on this?

You keep posting nonsense. Congratulations on that, I guess. And the irony of you telling anyone "good luck coming up with a point sometime" makes this whole thing worthwhile.

So you take the time to write more filler instead of actually making a point. Again.

It's OK, we're rooting for you--someday it will happen. Until then, we'll enjoy your dancing monkey routine. :)

seriously what the hell happened to mccourty? Not only was he a pro bowler in his rookie year, but I just looked up on wikipedia that he was also 2nd team all pro that year. Top 5 CB in his rookie year to below average cover corner. so frustrating seeing talent not reach its potential

We had Dom Capers a couple of years ago, a man who is widely acknowledged to be one of the best defensive coaches in the game. But he wasn't named DC and I really don't know what his role was on the staff. My guess is that either BB's system is so unique that other well-established coaches do not want to work in it, or BB's ego prevents him from turning over responsibility to someone who actually has a mind of his own. But these are just guesses - does anyone have any real information on this?

Given Green Bay's secondary problems, I'm not so sure we're missing out on much with Capers.

Given Green Bay's secondary problems, I'm not so sure we're missing out on much with Capers.

Actually, this point would more or less reinforce the argument that the secondary play is more on the talent and not the coaching.

Wouldn't mind them just throwing a secondary of

Wilson McCourty

Dennard Dowling

out there against the Jets and see what happens.

With McCourty playing safety at least you probably upgrade in coverage over Chung who is just a liability in coverage.

I would even have Marquice Cole play as the slot corner back over Arrington.

Can't get any worse than it has been. This secondary has already given up more touchdowns than Tom Brady has thrown. Gotta do something.

Last edited:
except that dowling is in BB's dog house

I'm not sure if this unit can afford to have a dog house

Wouldn't mind them just throwing a secondary of

Wilson McCourty

Dennard Dowling

out there against the Jets and see what happens.

With McCourty playing safety at least you probably upgrade in coverage over Chung who is just a liability in coverage.

I would even have Marquice Cole play as the slot corner back over Arrington.

Can't get any worse than it has been. This secondary has already given up more touchdowns than Tom Brady has thrown. Gotta do something.

except that dowling is in BB's dog house

I'm not sure if this unit can afford to have a dog house

Exactly because the play back there smells like a out house!

Don't these guys at least watch some reading comprehension 101 tape of what makes players like Champ Bailey, Revis, and Deion the best ever? Revis and Bailey especially since they don't have elite athleticism. Watching tape doesn't translate into success I know, but at least you can absorb the information and minute details about what it takes to be competent---i.e judging the trajectory of passes, when to contort your body, etc. Our guys are so bad, they need to go back to the basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes