PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

The NFL to play the “Black National Anthem” alongside the National Anthem this season.

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Saints
Pick Results: NO: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 26th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
As long as it is sung in spanish, with a deaf interpreter in the corner of the screen.
"Oh say can you see

that I squat when I pee

oh I used to stand up

but today I'm a D cup

and the women's rude stare

as I groom azz crack hair

gave proof through the night

that no balls are in sight

O say does that sequined tranny yet wave

O'er the land of the weird

and the home of the crazed..."

aluminum seats

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
That's it exactly. I don't speak French. Quebecians pull the same shyt. I speak two languages fairly well, English and German, and can get by on some broken Spanish. To get butt hurt and rude because I don't speak French is ridiculous.

Here's a list of the countries I've been to and never had a problem. By the way, I always act as if I'm in someone else's house. "Yes sir, No sir, please, etc etc.." I also take time to study that country's history. I enjoy that.

Germany - lived there for a total of eight years. Fantastic country. Obviously full of history. The Germans have an odd sense of humor but still funny. I loved going to the bakery, the deli etc... Guest hauses are awesome. I never had a problem.

Spain - I lived there for two years. Great food. Old Catholic churches. Wonderful traditions. There were graffiti signs saying "Yankees go home" but I never had a problem. I'd love to go back there.

England-. I lived there for three years. The world's biggest critics. Had a many of great conversations while sipping on a pint at the local pub. Never had a problem.

Taiwan - lived there for two years. The most hospitable country on the planet. Great history and great food. I loved it. Never had a problem.

China - Another great hospitality country. Our politics definitely do not mesh with theirs but they do treat you respectfully as a guest. I saw one of the oldest Confucius temples in China because of their hospitality. I never had a problem.

Indonesia - I worked there for two months. Interesting country. I did enjoy my stay. I got to see Obama's childhood classroom and a statue of him in a park. The country has some extreme poverty. I refuse to take pictures of a countries worst because I find it disrespectful on some level. But I never had a problem.

Mexico - I worked there for one week. Had a blast. Ate tacos from a street vendor. They were awesome. "Pollo con moli" were my favorite. Never had a problem.

Poland - OMG what a hidden gem that was. Lublin. Went to one of the best preserved concentration camps from WWII. Incredibly moving. Had the best vodka in my life and I don't even like vodka. Gyro stand in the middle of the plaza was perfect. The people are rugged and fun. Never had a problem.

Andorra - craziest shopping spree I've ever been on. Got some vintage AC/DC albums from there. Never had a problem.

France/Quebec - **** them. Couldn't even get a croissant although I tried to order it in three different languages. English, Spanish and German. I guess you could say four languages because I pointed right at it. So add sign language. What a bunch of rude pricks.

Every country I've been to except France were gracious hosts. Of course I always demonstrated that I wanted to know and learn about that country. I love history and the different perspectives that each country offered.

I have enjoyed visiting or living in each country but understand that it requires a respect for someone else's house. But France? **** them.
It’s amazing how many times I’ve heard that from people. It’s like, wow, the stereotypes are true

mgcolby

Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sorry that you took that as insulting. I use that term to show that a government program can provide real, tangible, positive results when applied in a way that requires something from both parties in the transaction.

Another reason for that definition (such as it is - maybe definition is a strong word - similarity? allegory?) is that the individuals participating are both being paid out of taxpayer funds.

I don't disagree that the military has a work requirement, but in fact the comparison emphasizes that the reason it is successful is that very component of giving something (loss of certain rights, etc) to get something - resulting in providing a purpose and critical skills (both a trade and life skills).

If our other government welfare programs had similar requirements (as many pursuits don't require manual labor answering the critics that claim many on welfare "cant" work) they likely would have similar success rates in resulting in a stronger middle class.
To be short because of lack of time to respond. I do get your meaning but take exception to the use of the word in conjunction with the military. And just in case you are unaware, service members pay taxes.

But I have always said the government should use the welfare system to provide people with a job, janitors for government buildings, admin assistants etc...give them some skills and daycare providers for those with kids etc...

Would be a more beneficial system. The problem with that is there is a signficant percentage of welfare people that won't show up to work. My mother being one of them. She played hooky from photocopying at the local school under Clinton's five and off program.

But overall it would much more beneficial. Giving people free money to barely get by without any aid is not the answer either.

JPPT1974

On the Game Day Roster
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Might as well have that over in the Asian, Arab, Latino, Native American anthems as well.

PScottman

In the Starting Line-Up
And just in case you are unaware, service members pay taxes.
Been contributing to my own salary for almost 30 years, so yes am aware. Is is double taxation if you pay taxes on income which derived from taxes you paid on income, ad infinitum?

PP2

Pro Bowl Player
Maybe you were infatuated. There is nothing beautiful about the countryside of volcanic rock. Sorry. Just a fact.

Ridiculous. I've been there a few times. Where exactly have you been? Did you even go to Kyoto, Okinawa, Kanazawa? How about Nara? Or were you just cooped up in one of the big cities?

My favorite was taking in the hot baths at the onsen at Jigokudani where the Snow Monkeys are.

KontradictioN

…with that said, Cam is a great teammate.
PatsFans.com Supporter
I knew the posts in this thread could get dumber. Good job.
You’re supporting an act that elevates one race above all others. You’re the textbook definition of a racist. So, yeah, the “Karen” description fits like a glove.

KontradictioN

…with that said, Cam is a great teammate.
PatsFans.com Supporter
So the stupid random tweet of a person who likes Fidel Castro gives you the excuse to ignore last 250 years of US history. Ochr ignore the last 100 yrs if that's too much for your narrow mind to comprehend. C'mon K You are smarter than this last post.
Yeah, I didn’t think you could back that one either. That’s not a “stupid random Tweet.” Those are pro-regime stances backing a brutal dictatorship reaching millions of people at once. Further, BLM does not speak for all black people. Talk to them sometimes and you’ll realize that. I thought maybe you’d stop and consider what I just shared with you, think about it, and reconsider your “all-in” view. I guess I expected too much. Here’s a response to the BLM post from a black man. Take 10 minutes to educate yourself.

50-yard-line

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
I agree - the architecture and design in Paris is astounding. Also Versailles is incredible but I am shocked that @50-yard-line promotes it as it was built with slave labor. I guess slavery and racism is only a concern if it is in America :rolleyes:
I'm sorry if just pointing out the shadows and hidden rooms of history hurts your snowflake sensibilities.

LFGMac10

In the Starting Line-Up
This (the song) isn't the biggest deal I suppose but it does highlight separation. Having an American and Black anthem won't break us I just think it's sad tbh. Also feel like there are about 100 other issues we should be tackling in the black community besides getting an anthem at football games. Not saying both can't exist but I don't feel like this is the best use of all this good will-feelings and attention the issue has in the present moment.
Sure there are a lot of things that need to be don't better with the black community. But why even care about this one. Honestly it's like getting mad at people kneeling for the anthem. That's not divisive, it's just peaceful protest, a bedrock principle of this country. Let them play whatever they want at the beginning of the game. Most people don't watch the anthem anyway. It will have 0 impact on most people's ears. The only thing that's divisive about it, is the people trying to make it divisive

LFGMac10

In the Starting Line-Up
Dumb appeasement. Those idiots will be scratching their heads when black athletes are still kneeling, locking arms, or ignoring the national anthem.
And peaceful protest is bad why? Is the reason you don't like it because you hate Americans exercising their freedoms?

LFGMac10

In the Starting Line-Up
And how am I virtue signaling as I don’t see the issue with keeping the NA as is, and I’m voicing that opinion on an NFL-inspired message board on my iPhone 12 while wearing Nikes on my feet? I know full well what my money is going to. I’m not pretending to be offended by the NA while doing all of that. That’s the difference here. Maybe stop for a second and consider my point instead of trying to turn this into a pissing contest just because this conversation is happening on the internet instead of face-to-face.

At the end of the day, if you financially support the NFL, you’re financially supporting its sponsors. As such, you’re financially supporting slave labor. If you’re doing that, then you have absolutely no leg to stand on when it comes to a verse of the National Anthem. That’s the bottom line here. And that’s without me even touching on the device you’re holding in your hand on a daily basis.
I see you're using the Good Place argument. That no one goes to heaven anymore because everything you do has repercussions beyond your immediate choice. If someone chose not to support anything that an "evil" corporation had their hand in, they would have to live in a grass hut and grow their own food.

BaconGrundleCandy

#1 Mac Jones fan
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sure there are a lot of things that need to be don't better with the black community. But why even care about this one. Honestly it's like getting mad at people kneeling for the anthem. That's not divisive, it's just peaceful protest, a bedrock principle of this country. Let them play whatever they want at the beginning of the game. Most people don't watch the anthem anyway. It will have 0 impact on most people's ears. The only thing that's divisive about it, is the people trying to make it divisive
So I support/supported kneeling 100%. That's not a "black" thing at all. All types got behind that movement, at least initially. Including myself although I'm not comfortable with everything coming out of the BLM organization I got behind kneeling.

This is a little different imo bc it's singling out a certain crowd. And I'm certainly not mad at this. I can honestly say I'm cool with it if it's helping someone. Again just personally, I don't like the singling out like I said before this isn't the biggest deal in the world. Just hope we some more change while we have everyone's ear.

Last edited:

PP2

Pro Bowl Player
And peaceful protest is bad why? Is the reason you don't like it because you hate Americans exercising their freedoms?

I don't understand where you're coming from. Are you sure you understand the context of my response?

Status
Not open for further replies.