PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

The NFL to play the “Black National Anthem” alongside the National Anthem this season.

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Saints
Pick Results: NO: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 26th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
The national anthem is about country.
The black anthem is about skin color.

I thought the national anthem was about war….now if O’ beautiful was the anthem, then I’d agree….but way too many swinging dicks in this country for that to happen

Joker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I thought the national anthem was about war….now if O’ beautiful was the anthem, then I’d agree….but way too many swinging dicks in this country for that to happen
you can always ask the state department to repatriate you to your homeland, ComradskiContaktikov...

Billb57

Rookie
They want to change our government because they falsely say it was built on racism. The black national anthem, critical race theory or 1619 teaching. We must stand for the truth and up hold it. Our national anthem, Ths constitution, bill of rights. This is our true foundations.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
They want to change our government because they falsely say it was built on racism. The black national anthem, critical race theory or 1619 teaching. We must stand for the truth and up hold it. Our national anthem, Ths constitution, bill of rights. This is our true foundations.

huh?

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
there is a segment of our population that looks for things to be offended by and ruin everything for the majority. There are also a growing number of people who for some reason believe America is not a great country and our national anthem and our flag just trigger them.

Yeah that's a shame. It is a great country and one that is able to evolve. I think this country has lit many global torches of change for the better over its history. We're a good group of people. Caring, hard working, compassionate and relentless.

Personally I don't really care about the Black National Anthem. Don't really care about the National Anthem either. I do care about my brothers and sisters. I want everyone to at least have the same opportunities that I had when growing up. We're not there yet. But we will get there because we are a great nation of good people.

TomPatriot

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Counterpoint: the song Key wrote on the ship becoming our national anthem in the first place (like adding "Under God" to the pledge and "In God We Trust" to our currency - both in the 1950's) is pandering to white (Christians).

Like I said, read the third stanza. It's a rant against ungrateful negro slaves who dared go against their masters to fight for the British, who promised them freedom (after one such group of volunteer slaves, the Colonial Marines, kicked the ass of Key's regiment and sent some of his friends to the prison ship where he went, in good white gentlemanly fashion, to secure their release for some coin).

History is fascinating, complicated, and messy - and it aini't what we learned in school, when we were programmed to deify our flawless founders.

No one sings the third stanza. Anywhere. Ever.

Further complicating history is oppressed people fighting under the British flag, which would was on its way to becoming nothing more than the butcher’s apron.

50-yard-line

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Because it’s divisive.

And there’s a good example of it being divisive. The song has been played at US sporting events for over 100 years, and now we should get rid of it because it’s a “can of worms.”
The National Anthem hasn't been the National Anthem for a hundred years. The can of worms referred to adding the second song, which was played last year, as well - but of course, since it wasn't on TV, who knew, right? As well as the whole lining up on the sidelines, which didn't start until 2009.

I had season tickets to the Red Sox - I'd go to the Pavilion Club before the game to get drinks The Anthem would play and hardly a person in there stopped talking, laughing, trying to order drinks, or whatever.

Last edited:

50-yard-line

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Who is "THEY"?

Good thing you're not being divisive.

aluminum seats

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
The National Anthem hasn't been the National Anthem for a hundred years. The can of worms referred to adding the second song, which was played last year, as well - but of course, since it wasn't on TV, who knew, right? As well as the whole lining up on the sidelines, which didn't start until 2009.

I had season tickets to the Red Sox - I'd go to the Pavilion Club before the game to get drinks The Anthem would play and hardly a person in there stopped talking, laughing, trying to order drinks, or whatever.
I said it had been played at US sporting events for over 100 years, which it has. It's been the national anthem nearly that long. Agreed on adding the second song.

cupofjoe1962

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
As a 35 year season ticket holder, I will be exhibiting my constitutional right to sit & Boo during the black anthem.

They disrespect the National Anthem & then they expect a 99% white crowd to
Stand for a black Anthem?

if there was enough room, I would fake a knee.

Everyone on the left supports Kapernicks right to kneel during our anthem, but they will scream like a stuck pig if we disrespect the black anthem.

I can count on 1 hand the number of black fans I see at Gillette.

Status
Not open for further replies.