PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The New England Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam fails to mention we are 20 million under the cap, and we are not Daniel Snyder where will overpay for anybody....

THE NEW ENGLAND WINTER

The Packers think they're a long shot to lure Vinatieri away from New England, where he is the second most popular Patriot, behind only quarterback Tom Brady.

I'm happy about the first sentence. :D

But, seriously, is Vinatieri the second most-popular Patriot? I'd certainly put him in the top 5, but I'd've put Bruschi ahead of him, even without the FA issues. . . .

Thus far McGinest and Givens are the only losses I view as impactful. I still hope AV comes back but have confidence we'll fill that void as well.

In the case of Givens and the Titans I think everyone knows that we were not about to match that offer.

In the case of Willie its a disappointment - the Browns didn't overpay quite as much but they still overpaid - and I have to think that the Patriots will stick to their gameplan and use that same money to bring in solid players for the future.

If you take a step back and look at the big picture, none of this should come as any surprise to anyone.

One need only look at the Bills and all the "big names" they've signed in FA over the years to know how much that impacts your ability to go deep in the playoffs (or in the Bill's case - to make the playoffs at all!)

Last edited:
ctpatsfan77 said:
I'm happy about the first sentence. :D

But, seriously, is Vinatieri the second most-popular Patriot? I'd certainly put him in the top 5, but I'd've put Bruschi ahead of him, even without the FA issues. . . .
Brady, Bruschi, AV, Seymour, Dillon, Branch? (I know, that's 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes