THE FOOD AND DRINK THREAD

2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bye Week

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
@Tunescribe and others who want to avoid the health problems that come with non-organic ("toxified") produce: Consumer Guides is a great set of guides about where to invest time and attention. More than food, too. These folks have an incredibly dedicated group of top notch scientists as the foundation of these suggestions.

betterthanthealternative

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I'm plant based-ish. I haven't had beef or pork in over a decade, but will eat poultry or fish if that's what's available for protein. But not often. The best move in that regard was giving up dairy. Lots of benefits.

In the past year, I've adopted a 6 hour window for eating on most days, which allows the body to turn on the critical hormones and shed bad stuff related to aging and healing. This whole thing the nutritionists have sold us about the need to eat frequently during the day is turning out to be 180 degrees wrong for most people. Some of the best research in this has happened in a Boston area university: Anti-aging research: ‘Prime time for an impact on the globe’

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Quick and easy thin-crust pizza recipe using lavash bread (below) as crust:

1). Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2). Place one square bread on baking sheet (I use a pizza pan with vented holes).
3). Apply pizza sauce -- not too much but not too little (I prefer Market Basket brand canned pizza sauce, which includes olive oil; an olive-oil based sauce is recommended).
4). Use whatever toppings you enjoy (I like frozen shredded organic spinach, peppers, anchovies, olives, etc.).
5). Top with shredded cheese (Market Basket also sells a shredded four-cheese pizza blend that's pretty good).
6). Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of crust start turning dark brown.
7). Let cool about three minutes and cut into bite-sized squares with pizza cutter.

Have fun experimenting with different toppings but don't pile them too high as the crust will be very thin.

I make this often for a quick and satisfying dinner, goes great with your favorite beverage. If anyone tries this please post feedback.

image.png

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
Trying Keto for March to see how I like it. One month trial with the opportunity for more. Hopefully it doesn’t make my vagina stink too badly.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Quick and easy thin-crust pizza recipe using lavash bread (below) as crust:

1). Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2). Place one square bread on baking sheet (I use a pizza pan with vented holes).
3). Apply pizza sauce -- not too much but not too little (I prefer Market Basket brand canned pizza sauce, which includes olive oil; an olive-oil based sauce is recommended).
4). Use whatever toppings you enjoy (I like frozen shredded organic spinach, peppers, anchovies, olives, etc.).
5). Top with shredded cheese (Market Basket also sells a shredded four-cheese pizza blend that's pretty good).
6). Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of crust start turning dark brown.
7). Let cool about three minutes and cut into bite-sized squares with pizza cutter.

Have fun experimenting with different toppings but don't pile them too high as the crust will be very thin.

I make this often for a quick and satisfying dinner, goes great with your favorite beverage. If anyone tries this please post feedback.

View attachment 26207

I get homemade lavash @ sabb's market in Norwood.....they have some pretty good store made pizzas, too......good shwarma chicken and beef too