2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bye Week

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Crispy rice?
Yeah, the riced cauliflower is frozen so there's a lot of water absorbed by the rice when you warm it up in the microwave.

I let it thaw in the fridge a bit on a plate with paper towel underneath to absorb as much water as possible before heating up the rice.

It isn't crispy per se, but not as mushy so it's as close to "rice tasting" as possible.

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Sumo oranges. 2.99 a pound, but they are so damn good. They are in season now. Ugly fruit. They are the size of a grapefruit and look very similar. Also, yummy. They are also in season now. Try them both you won't be sorry. My diet is 99 percent turkey fruit and nuts. Almonds and pistachios. I don't eat red meat. When i do cheat. Its pizza pizza pizza. The Linwood in Randolph is my go to pizza.

Sumo oranges are soooo easy to peel too! Love em' too!

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Yeah, the riced cauliflower is frozen so there's a lot of water absorbed by the rice when you warm it up in the microwave.

I let it thaw in the fridge a bit on a plate with paper towel underneath to absorb as much water as possible before heating up the rice.

It isn't crispy per se, but not as mushy so it's as close to "rice tasting" as possible.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Comments:

1.) I don't buy organic produce. That crap rots fast...and you can only buy 2-3 days worth at a time.

2.) Trader Joe's makes a good cauliflower pizza....the crust tastes like cardboard, but is crispy...the cheese is where it is at.

3.) I use frozen riced cauliflower from TJ's a lot....love it. A lot easier to prepare vs. actual rice...and less calories too. The key is to get them as crispy as possible so that there's some 'crunch' when eating that you think you are eating rice. And the mashed potato ones are great for when I want to make chicken with mashed potatoes without the calories.

4.) I try to eat high protein/low carb..but mainly count calories...much easier than doing macro nutrients and I don't like weighing my food down to the grams....I just approximate it by my hand size and try to eat 2.4K cals a day or less. I go over on weekends....and under during the week to maintain a weekly average of 16-17K cals...and in turn I work out 3X to burn about 600-750 cals a week...plus surf once a week to burn another 750 cals which gets my daily average down to 2.2Kish... Right now I am overweight as I usually am after football season with all the booze...been dry for 38 days now and dropped about 10-12 lbs. I should reach 225 lbs (my ideal weight) around May/June.
I'm curious how you store your produce, because I haven't seen a big difference in spoilage time between organic and conventional. Even then, though, that should tell you something about what unknown chemicals you're absorbing. If you keep things refrigerated in airtight containers they should last long enough. Also you can get frozen organic veggies and fruits -- I go through at least a bag of frozen organic chopped spinach every week.

Hyped

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I'm curious how you store your produce, because I haven't seen a big difference in spoilage time between organic and conventional. Even then, though, that should tell you something about what unknown chemicals you're absorbing. If you keep things refrigerated in airtight containers they should last long enough. Also you can get frozen organic veggies and fruits -- I go through at least a bag of frozen organic chopped spinach every week.
I store them the exact same way they are stored in grocery stores. E.g. tomatoes, bananas, onions, avocadoes, lemon, oranges, apples, etc....all on the counter in a cool space. Lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, strawberries, blueberries, and whatever is semi-refrigerated at the store in my fruit/veggie humidity controlled fridge drawers.

There are ways to keep things from spoiling such as washing your berries with a little vinegar so spores don't grow, but I ain't got no time for that.

Good call on frozen fruits/veggies though...

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I store them the exact same way they are stored in grocery stores. E.g. tomatoes, bananas, onions, avocadoes, lemon, oranges, apples, etc....all on the counter in a cool space. Lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, strawberries, blueberries, and whatever is semi-refrigerated at the store in my fruit/veggie humidity controlled fridge drawers.

There are ways to keep things from spoiling such as washing your berries with a little vinegar so spores don't grow, but I ain't got no time for that.

Good call on frozen fruits/veggies though...
OK, with the exception of bananas (which I like at room temperature) I put all those items you listed in the refrigerator. I would expect all of them to otherwise spoil faster. Avocados stay hard in the fridge so I take them out one at a time to ripen at room temp over a couple days.

aluminum seats

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Christ guys, I saw this thread and thought I’d get some good grilling tips and maybe a recipe for chili. Instead it’s all about plant-based burgers and the virtues of organic produce. No wonder we lost in the first round.

venecol

The FRG has a little ****
PatsFans.com Supporter
I'm looking for tips on what to eat to avoid flatulence. Lately, I've been ripping some gargantuan hideously obnoxious farts. No joke, there's almost a green cloud that hangs in the air and there's even a metal aftertaste left in your mouth. Any advice is appreciated.

IcyPatriot

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I'm looking for tips on what to eat to avoid flatulence. Lately, I've been ripping some gargantuan hideously obnoxious farts. No joke, there's almost a green cloud that hangs in the air and there's even a metal aftertaste left in your mouth. Any advice is appreciated.
You need Prevacid dude ... or you have lactose issues or both.
Try a bag of these for a colonic cleansing.

The reviews are classic reading.
Amazon.com: Customer reviews: Haribo SUGAR FREE Classic Gummi Bears, 1 Lb

captain insano

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Just let them rip and make sure to have plenty of Lysol around.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Christ guys, I saw this thread and thought I’d get some good grilling tips and maybe a recipe for chili. Instead it’s all about plant-based burgers and the virtues of organic produce. No wonder we lost in the first round.
The thread just started, feel free to pitch in with anything you want.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
I make soup with those: vegetable or chicken broth, add the potstickers and some veggies (chopped spinach, chopped onions, peas, shredded carrots). Cooks up in about 10 minutes. I like to season it with a bit of sweet chili sauce.
Going to try it. Thanks