PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is pick #32 in Round one.....I don't think he'll fall that far tho :)

I think the computer had him available in that slot tho :)

So I am getting into discussions here at work about DK Metcalf's combine numbers. Freakish fast in a straight line, great jumping ability, crazy strong. Terrible in the 3 cone and the shuttle. Like worse than Brady. College highlights here:

My thought is that is that the one highlight at the 2min mark shows you that he's got great burst out of his stance, terrible or lazy feet on the break, and then great speed down the sidelines. He's great at go routes and fade/jump balls in the end zone. But put him in jam coverage, make him move his feet, and put a safety over the top and he's done, IMO. So, are his weak areas coach-able? Can you fix it, or can he, with a lot of work? Looks to me like a one trick pony. There's lots of fast, strong guys in the NFL. But can this kid run a route?

Some GM will get enamored with the combine and take him high in round 1. But I think you can't overlook his glaring weaknesses. Thoughts? A steal in round 2, but a big risk at the top of round 1.

Chad Jackson?
DW Toys
BB bad omen. Look at his 3 cone.

The draft network mock draft tool is a lot better than fanspeak imo. Obviously still some unrealistic mocks though.

I got those out of it,

7817e15bf9f46de490e841e24c70e3b7_Patriots.png

Christian Wilkins

, IDL
    Clemson

Charles Omenihu

, IDL
    Texas

Andy Isabella

, WR
    UMASS

Zach Allen

, EDGE
    Boston College

Josh Oliver

, TE
    San Jose State

Amani Hooker

, CB
    Iowa

Brett Rypien

, QB
    Boise State

Devine Ozigbo

, RB
    Nebraska

Greg Dortch

, WR
    Wake Forest

Mark Fields

, CB
    Clemson

Lamont Gaillard

, IOL
    Georgia

Slightly OT, but figured this was a good place to share this incredible quote by Kyler Murray’s agent about Charlie Casserly, who criticized Murray’s lack of leadership and “interview prep”:

The bottom line here is that it calls into question the motives of a man to get on national television and cite anonymous sources on things such as ‘leadership’ and ‘study habits’ about somebody he’s never met,” Burkhardt said. “Look, If you don’t like Kyler’s game, it’s cool. If you don’t like his size and want to talk about that, that’s fine, too. If you’re into a Heath Shuler-type looking guy, then hype those guys and say why. But when you slander the character and work ethic of a young man who’s worked his ass off his entire life and done everything right to put himself in his current position, you’d better cite your sources and come with a better record than 18-46 as a G.M. of the Texans, and whose own leadership and accountability has been questioned by his old bosses and colleagues, as well as the greatest coach on the planet.”

(Of course people around here remember fondly the incident he’s referring to in the last sentence)

Slightly OT, but figured this was a good place to share this incredible quote by Kyler Murray’s agent about Charlie Casserly, who criticized Murray’s lack of leadership and “interview prep”:

(Of course people around here remember fondly the incident he’s referring to in the last sentence)

LOL wow!

giphy.gif

Chad Jackson?
DW Toys
BB bad omen. Look at his 3 cone.
I don't quite follow you, but if the kid is there in 2 or 3, i would take him all day. I just dunno about top 10.

I hope Bill will feel the same and not trade out unless jumping a round.
Amazingly, there are 5 other teams that have 6 picks between 2nd and 5th. The Giants shouldn't really count. No 3rd rounder and 4 picks in the 5th. Oh the wonders of the comp picks.

The rest of the quote.

DtQRbSgVsAAI9h-.jpg

I was just reading a MMQB mock draft and a 3rd different writer plus Kay Adams had the Pats trading #32 for Josh Rosen. IMO Rosen can be had for a 2nd or 2 threes.

I was just reading a MMQB mock draft and a 3rd different writer plus Kay Adams had the Pats trading #32 for Josh Rosen. IMO Rosen can be had for a 2nd or 2 threes.

Kay Adams is an idiot. She has zero front office or scouting experience. How does she get a TV show?

Fanspeak ...
32: R1P32

TE TJ HOCKENSON
IOWA
56: R2P24

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA
64: R2P32

EDGE CHASE WINOVICH
MICHIGAN
73: R3P9

CB KENDALL SHEFFIELD
OHIO STATE
97: R3P33

OT MAX SCHARPING
NORTHERN ILLINOIS
101: R3P37

QB CLAYTON THORSON
NORTHWESTERN
134: R4P32

S MIKE EDWARDS
KENTUCKY

This will not happen, but this would be a perfect draft!

Having one of the 2 top TE's fall to 32 would be awesome.......but BB has ammo to move up if he needs to......draft day will be exciting for Pats fans with the plethora of picks they have, especially in first 3 or 4 rounds....

Kay Adams is an idiot. She has zero front office or scouting experience. How does she get a TV show?

How does she get a TV show? Really? It's not to hard to figure out.

1MA6Caf.jpg

She did the Quick Slants show with Tommy Curran for a couple of years. She's not completely clueless. Plus, she's a cutie. No denying that part.

How does she get a TV show? Really? It's not to hard to figure out.

1MA6Caf.jpg
First time ever I've rated a post with a <3. Last time probably as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back