PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The CAT will lead us!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course!

I think Lewis is in the top 3 in the league. Oh hell, honestly I think he’s the best and most entertaining runner I’ve seen since sanders

The thing that sets him apart is the fact that I know he’s gonna do something crazy

For me what sets him apart is the weird glide factor, where he looks like he’s got a 1 or two yard gain, ho hum, nothing to see here, then without even a dramatic move he’s five or seven yards downfield. It’s like Michael Jackson moonwalking... you know there’s all this athleticism and strength in it, but all you see is the optical illusion of him walking forwards and moving backwards. With the cat, you see him being patient, then the defense being on him at the line... then 5 yards later they actually get him.

PS: Inevitable comparisons based on patience, if your memory goes back a few years...

- This might be what ol' boy thought he had in Maroney in the infamous "bust" draft (which also netted us the incomparable Chad Jackson.) Maroney danced behind the line. He too was a patient runner. He was so patient that he let the defense come to him. Then he let the defense tackle him. For a loss. Patience is a virtue, to a point. Maroney was way beyond that point. He had no idea that there was a natural flow in the play, and the role of patience is to wait for that flow to create the specific weakness you can exploit, then pounce on that moment.

- This is reminiscent of a fella ya might have heard of name of Priest Holmes. This is homer talk for sure, but Holmes too demonstrated this level of masterful patience. By comparison, Lewis has had a handful of successful games, and the Pats' offense is not set up to provide him opportunities at the pace Holmes enjoyed. But I see that stylistic similarity.

I await disproof at the hands of smart football brains.... those are just a couple of random thoughts.

Speaking of cats, does Tyreek Hill still have "cheetah speed" on the golf course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes