PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Belichick Legacy - on TV 12/7/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up in Md too. My Dad would take my brother and me crabbing a few times a year....and I took my kids too. It's a great memory....My Dad, my brother, crabbing in some of the rivers off the Chesapeake bay.

I grew up in Md too. My Dad would take my brother and me crabbing a few times a year....and I took my kids too. It's a great memory....My Dad, my brother, crabbing in some of the rivers off the Chesapeake bay.
So you and your dad got crabs together? Hell of a father-son bonding activity. ;)

So you and your dad got crabs together? Hell of a father-son bonding activity. ;)

I let you know when I stop laughing at this post. It might go another hour.

Epic.

Why didn't BB ever tell anyone that's how he pronounces his last name. All this time the media have been pronouncing it wrong.

By the way, how does one watch this if they don't get CBS Sports?

Why didn't BB ever tell anyone that's how he pronounces his last name. All this time the media have been pronouncing it wrong.

Yep, it's pronounced be-LITCH-ik, not BELL-uh-check. Cool.

My brother and I used to fish off of a pier at Chesapeake bay in the late 70's. Biggest catch was a 3 foot eel. Other than that mostly toadfish and the occasional flounder.

I haven’t watched the episode, but Belichick and his family used to live in Youngstown for awhile while his dad used to work at Y-town Sheet and Tube. They still have some family there, or at least they did at some point.

My own dad (who lived in Youngstown) used to tell me that it was really pronounced Bel-itch-check. I took my dad’s opinion with a grain of salt, but is this how he pronounces it in the documentary?

Nevermind: just saw Palm Beach’s comment. Looks like the old man wasn’t just bullshitting me.

I haven’t watched the episode, but Belichick and his family used to live in Youngstown for awhile while his dad used to work at Y-town Sheet and Tube. They still have some family there, or at least they did at some point.

My own dad (who lived in Youngstown) used to tell me that it was really pronounced Bel-itch-check. I took my dad’s opinion with a grain of salt, but is this how he pronounces it in the documentary?

Check the twitter preview in the OP. It's in there.

BB's interview in April and this one were very well done. Furthermore, I think that's the first time BB has publically shed tears.

My brother and I used to fish off of a pier at Chesapeake bay in the late 70's. Biggest catch was a 3 foot eel. Other than that mostly toadfish and the occasional flounder.
Where did you live then?

On again this morning at 10:00.

That was really cool. The softer side of Bill.

Also his son's sound exactly like him especially Stephen.

Where did you live then?

My father was stationed at Langley at the time. It was during the time the F-15 Eagles had just come out. The pier was a few hundred feet or so from the end of the runway. While fishing one day the then new F-15's were doing a show for some reason and were flying right over our heads, out over the bay and then pulled straight up into a breathtaking climb. They went so high that the only way you could still see them (it was a clear day) was when the sun reflected off of their wing or something. Cool memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes