SOURCE:NBC Sports Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Eagles
Sun
Nov 17th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Result
The Ravens made a couple of key plays and handed the Patriots their first loss of the 2019 season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

The BB Q and A thread

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by ironwasp, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,062
    A: No, but I have enjoyed studying the exploits of Ragnar Lodbrok from tactical and strategic perspectives. Both Danish and Icelandic sources describe him as the son of Sigurd Ring, a king who united southern Scandinavia under his rule.

The historic Ragnar Lodbrok was an Earl at the court of the Danish king Hårek who participated in the Viking plunderings of Paris in 845. The warriors belonging to the army of Charles the Bald, were placed to guard the monastery in St. Denis, but fled when the Danish Vikings executed their prisoners ferociously in front of their eyes. After the "danegeld" which contained 7,000 pounds of silver, Ragnar went back to Denmark. By mysterious circumstances, many men in Ragnar's army died during the journey and Ragnar died soon after his arrival in Denmark. In later traditions, Ragnar is the king of Denmark and he meets with fabulous adventures all around the world. Among others, he met the wonderful Kraka in Norway, who became Ragnar's wife and the mother of his four sons.

Although he is something of a hero in his native Scandinavia, reliable accounts of his life are very sketchy and heavily based on ancient Viking sagas. Even the dating of his reign is not certain; there are sources that date it from 750–794, and others from 860–865. Neither really matches with what is known of him, though he may perhaps have held power as a warlord from approximately 835 to his death in 865, perhaps only being recognized as king in the last five years of his life.

The sheer ferocity of Viking military mentality equates well with football, and I've considered using Lodbrok's legend as a source of inspiration for our players.

Q: Coach, what are your favorite foods?

2. gomezcat

gomezcat Grumpy Englishman. Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14
    Look, all foods contribute to the team and have different value. A carbohydrate gives you great stamina, is a great plate presence and allows some of your bigger guys like protein to be more explosive.
    Pasta and rice bring different things to our plate. Pasta is great for sauce downs and rice is perhaps more useful in a curry scenario. All have their own strengths.

Coach, is there a God?

3. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,144
    If there's a God, if there's not a God, what's the difference? I'm here trying to do the best I can for our team, trying to coach them as best I can. That's all I know how to do, take it day to day. Those big questions -- you'll have to ask the League Office about that.

Q: Beatles or Stones?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +558
    Good Answer....... what's the question.

5. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +6,144
    Sorry! See above.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +11,289
    Bon Jovi

Q. Why is there more than one ocean, where does one ocean end and the other begin.. why is there more than one sea, where does one sea and another begin?? Why can't we all call the big bodies of water just the oceanor the sea?

7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,062
    A: OK guys, this is getting ridiculous. I've got a game to prepare for. This thread needs to die.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  8. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +6,144
    Yeah, well, I guess the answer is that it's situational. I mean, you have down and distance. But then there's field position and there's time on the clock. And what does that mean. I mean, you'll have to make a forty yard field goal, whatever it is, but maybe the wind is blowing, the field is muddy, you don't feel so good about it. And then there's how you feel about your defense. Do you think that you can hold them? So you've got to factor all of those things into your decision. You can't just measure it and say "big", "small" or whatever it is. It kinda depends on your perspective.

Q. Can money buy happiness?

9. ironwasp

ironwasp Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3
    A: Well, obviously we have to think about money a little; we have bills to pay, and salary caps to be under and such, but money is what it is. It isn't anything else. What you do, how you live your life, how you impact your teammates and your family and your friends is what defines you. That's what we try to tell the young guys that come in here. Live your life right, be a good citizen and a good teammate and everything else will follow from there.

Q:Coach, Chunk Monkey or Cherry Garcia?

10. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +6,144
    A: It's all good. I mean, you have some guys who favour one or the other but when you've been in the league for thirty years you learn to take what comes.

What's your idea of the perfect vacation?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  11. ironwasp

ironwasp Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3
    A: What's a vacation?

Q: Coach, what car do you drive and why?

12. Mike the Brit

Ratings:
    +6,144
    Oh, well, yeah [laughs]. I've had a lot of different cars.

Back when I worked for Marchibroda, he paid me, I think, $20 a week and I had a Beetle that was fifteen years old and he used to send me out to the airport to pick up players. Well, there was this one time I had to pick up [insert name here] who was coming in to play defensive tackle. Got him in the car all right but by the time we got to the stadium his knees had seized up. Had to take the seats out to get him out! So then I went to Detroit and, of course, I got a Ford. Had two of our linemen and a linebacker in the car, pulled into a parking lot and the springs broke.

So after that I got a pick-up truck. That was okay but when I went to Cleveland people would recognize me at stop lights and start throwing things, spitting on the windshield, that kind of stuff, and you couldn't get a pick-up truck with smoked glass.

Q. How would you bring peace to the Middle East?