PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Baileys watch.

Yet Another lesson why precious draft capital should never Ever EVAH be spent on Special Olympics Teamers, including Gunners-Only.
I would drop a 5th on a 10+ year pro bowler like Slater. He’s made some huge plays for us over his career. BB doesn’t do this every year. Slater goes way back and was certainly worth the pick.

He was injured with bad protection in 2021. Knock 1-2 mil off and all good.

LOL, a little blast from the past with that reference, I like it. :)
I think Belichick mentioned him last year when someone asked him a question about Hekker or something. Definitely a guy with a unique skill set.

Yet Another lesson why precious draft capital should never Ever EVAH be spent on Special Olympics Teamers, including Gunners-Only.
I totally get what you're saying, but if the pats don't get Araiza, Bill is leaving the draft with blue balls.

???

Bailey has been fine for what we have paid him.

His 2022 salary just means that it is time to re-negotiate. And yes, he is just a punter. If he isn't interested in a contract that the patriots want him for, then he'll be cut. We can draft a punter in the 7th to compete with a half dozen punters we bring in.

I assumed they would have worked out an extension by now to bring the cap number down

I assumed they would have worked out an extension by now to bring the cap number down
Why now?

He is one of many that might be extended. His situation just isn't worth the time at the moment.

There are easier ways to get money through a restructure or two, when needed.

Last edited:
Why? 5th to 7th rounders have such a low hit rate. STers are the safest bet at that point.

Got a great LS and punter from picks that were very unlikely to amount to anything.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back