PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Annual PatsFans Draft Contest, 2016

I maintain my perfect record of never correctly predicting a Pats draft choice.

Wow, kudos to a lot of you nailing the Cyrus Jones pick. I think at least 10 people if not more had us picking him. Super Kudos goes out to the guy who had us picking WR Malcolm Mitchell and the guy who had us picking Johnathon Jones CB from Auburn (though we didn't draft him, signed as an UDFA).

Nobody got anything else right. My suggestions going forward (2017 draft). In the 1st round, look at 3rd round prospects. In the 2nd round, look for 4th round prospects, etc etc etc. Then you have a chance of getting a couple of picks right. BB never picks a guy in the 3rd round that is rated to be 3rd round pick, usually the guy is rated to go in rounds 5 & 6. You have to have that mentality to come close in this Pat's draft prediction game. For instance, 2nd round, need a receiver, Anquan Boldin is there, pick Bethel Johnson. You win the prediction game.

60: R2P29 OT JERALD HAWKINS LSU
61: R2P30 DT JAVON HARGRAVE SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
91: R3P28 OLB JORDAN JENKINS GEORGIA
96: R3P33 RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS ARKANSAS
196: R6P21 CB JAMES BRADBERRY SAMFORD
204: R6P29 WR CODY CORE OLE MISS
208: R6P33 S JAYRON KEARSE CLEMSON
214: R6P39 QB JEFF DRISKEL LOUISIANA TECH
221: R6P46 WR MORITZ BOEHRINGER SCHWABISCH HALL
243: R7P22 RB KEENAN REYNOLDS NAVY
250: R7P29 DE ERIC LEE SOUTH FLORIDA
Good call

Good call

it's about f*cking time......it's the first time I got anything right since Logan Mankins.....I have this thing about going nothing but beefcake in rounds 5,6,7......find the most physical, jacked up dudes you can and draft em.....some of them may actually be coachable

it's about f*cking time......it's the first time I got anything right since Logan Mankins.....I have this thing about going nothing but beefcake in rounds 5,6,7......find the most physical, jacked up dudes you can and draft em.....some of them may actually be coachable

Props. With all the thousands of players out there, it's not easy to call something like this. Good find!

...My suggestions going forward (2017 draft). In the 1st round, look at 3rd round prospects. In the 2nd round, look for 4th round prospects, etc etc etc. Then you have a chance of getting a couple of picks right. BB never picks a guy in the 3rd round that is rated to be 3rd round pick, usually the guy is rated to go in rounds 5 & 6. You have to have that mentality to come close in this Pat's draft prediction game. For instance, 2nd round, need a receiver, Anquan Boldin is there, pick Bethel Johnson. You win the prediction game.
I don't think I've ever played the Draft Contest, but I will play the next one, and I will Absolutely take your advice here.

And let's all not fit Mr Lee (aka the Most Productive Player in Football) for a bust in Canton just yet, please.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back